Isolationism is good

>Isolationism is good

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/5QCuNT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If the alternative is sending young men to die for Israel in some Arab shithole then yeah it's pretty good.

The alternative is becoming China's bitch

If a country has the resources and farmland that allows the population to be sustained all on its own, then it can be isolationist just fine.

It's still far less efficient than just opening up with free trade.

>Interventionism is good

I hate these brainlet memes. They're so uncomfortable to look at

We wouldn't need them if brainlets who thought we should die for another country didn't exist.

This. They’re disgusting and they give me anxiety when I look at them

Like America did? Gutting its own working class and building a new middle class in China off of the backs of Americans?

Me too, I have no idea why they've become so popular. Hopefully it's another flash in the pan meme that dies out in a few months.

This. Read Hegel

Sure but in some cultures the easiest way to maintain an iron grip on your population was to deny them the outside world. It's what China did prior to the Opium Wars.

>Hegel
Read Kierkegaard instead desu.

>Gutting its own working class and building a new middle class in China off of the backs of Americans?
You say that like it's a bad thing.

tfw inward perfection was nerfed into worthlessness

Americans are such hypocrites, they force an economic system on the entire planet then the moment they feel the consequences they start whining and act like victims

He was an isolationist

generational shifts

>Like America did? Gutting its own working class and building a new middle class in China off of the backs of Americans?
unironically yes

Reddit

>democracy equals capitalism
>China is capitalist

>Leaders promise free trade will be awesome, stuff will get much cheaper
>Stuff is the same price
>Also you lost your job

Yeah, can't imagine why Americans would feel misled

Dude, stuff would become more expensive unless the dudes being paid to produce it were paid higher wages. Moving jobs to where people can do it for less is how you keep prices low. Meanwhile, you have super-cucks acting as if getting to do menial jobs is winning the jackpot. They'd be free up to improve their lot in life if they and the state could agree that education and skills training are the way to go.

Why should I pay more for a shirt so an american can keep making those shirts, when a chink probably would appreciate a lower pay more? Protectionism is welfare with extra steps and more wasted labour time.

>Dude, stuff would become more expensive unless the dudes being paid to produce it were paid higher wages
I meant stuff would become more expensive unless they WEREN'T paid higher wages.

>is welfare with extra steps
Spotted the rick and morty fag

It depends on the degree. Minding your own business is onething, but complete isolationism always leads to stagnation. Someone referenced pre opium wars China, look how lame they became at that time.

Isolationism is for people who don't understand geopolitics. Interventionism is the Chad's policy.

>Vietnam
>Afghanistan
>Iraq
It's truly Chad like to die in some mud hut shithole you didn't even know existed 5 months prior

Why?

It's brought us really cheap goods and has allowed us to grow both of our economies while intertwining them in such a way that makes cooperation, rather than conflict, the best way to bring prosperity to our people.

Except that less and less people are prosperous at all.

What are these anti-globalist retards even gonna do? Subsidize their country into bankruptcy so they can take back the basket weaving factories from China for like 5 years?

No, there are many less people below poverty line, they are better fed and they live longer.

You are looking too close at what is happening in the USA and a few other industrialized countries. Most of the world is getting better, including several western nations where they manage to keep inequality at reasonably low levels and growth at reasonably high levels (Rhine capitalists, Nordic Model, Poland and Portugal are super poor but are actually developing along nicely).

Yes but the american underclass is shrinking, with rural areas becoming third world enclaves

>poverty line
Completely arbitrary number. Federal poverty line is curently 16 thousand / year for a two people household for example.

discord.gg/5QCuNT

haven for you intellectuals

>discord
kill yourself post-2016fag you are the cancer killing this site

>discord
Reported

>the American underclass is shrinking
That's a good thing, you want as few poor people as possible.

1. Talking about world poverty line.
2. While the cuttoff was somewhat arbitrarily decided, this line is adjusted for prices of food, shelter, etc, so knowing that 1,90$ now is equivalent to 1,25$ and that less people are below that line, you can tell the poorest people are generally better off now. Ofc, this data alone means very little, but you can read it together with the mortality rates, infection rates to diseases associated with exposure or subnutrition, life expectancy, etc, to make a more complete picture.

I agree that the USA is in a scary situtation, though.

>world poverty line
Even more arbitrary.

That's not the alternative though.

They just need to accept that the age of American supremacy is over and other countries are catching up thanks to global free trade and liberalism.

This is ultimately a good thing, as every area on Earth begins to equalize in terms of wealth and divisive things like racism and nationalism become a thing of the past.

All three of those countries the US had significant interest in upsetting the status quo.

Not the whole truth.

>Moving jobs to where people can do it for less is how you make capitalists richer and everyone else worse off

FTFY.

And by the US you mean Israel.

No, it's set to the needs of the world's poorest and the prices in the regions they live in.

>No
Yes.

>can work for one of these jobs that were already avaiable in my country
>choose instead to work one of the jobs brought over from overseas
>unskilled prole overseas thinks I would've taken the job from him if it wasn't a better option for me than the other ones I had avaiable
>I should pay more so an unskilled prole in my country gets higher wage and an unskilled prole in a foreign country doesn't
Go back to school and get a better job and do something that a chinese, indian or african can't do. Unless you live in the US because your system is a scam.

Not an argument.

You'll be first to the oven, lad.

Fuck off Soros-shill.

t. eternal prole

Thats the fucking point brainlets.

>>>>Dude, stuff would become more expensive unless the dudes being paid to produce it were paid higher wages
hmnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnmmmm thats why wages have stagnated for decades, healthcare housing and education are exploding in cost? But its ok return i get to buy cheap plastic shit from Walmart!!!!!! Wtf i love globalization!!

So thats why the anglos had a huge trade deficit against china before 1840. Thats whu china was still the largest economy in the world?

Wages in my country are going up. Like in most of the world. Healthcare and education are tax-funded where I live. International markets can't really help you there, that is on you, a poor nigerian child can stitch your shirts but she can't stretch her arms over the ocean to build your house nor can she teach you something nobody taught her.

To really get the impact of outsourcing you need to look at the plunging prices of electronics. The components for these are built over production chains that stretch around the globe. The people that build them are getting better wages and the people that buy them can get them cheaper. It's actually amazing how fast people change phones and laptops, nowadays. I still have my cell phone from 2000.

Food prices have mostly held steady because westerners, specially americans, waste a lot of food (deliberately increasing food scarcity) and demand is growing worldwide very fast due to demographic explosion. Food prices will stay up unless: people waste less food, population stops growing faster than the agricultural output, or we have a new green revolution that can make agricultural development outpace demographic growth. Still, world hunger is shrinking.

They weren't the lamest but not the same as before. Largest economy in the world? Come now. And perhaps Britain would have stayed on top if they hadn't squandered so much sticking their dick in other country's businesses.

Plus are we still going to over look how shit places like Japan became after isolationism and how shit most of Africa always was because of isolationism? Really?

Except it will lag behind in wealth, technological innovation and military strength. Yet ANOTHER retard that thinks agriculture and manufacturing are some how the key to being a prosperous society.

Chinks were/are going to overtake the US whether or not you overreact and choose to shoot yourself in the foot.

Britain had a deficit for over 300 years of its peak power.

And why is that?