/plg/ - powerlifting general

/plg/ - puppy lovers group

no nerds

no anime

no bully

Other urls found in this thread:

powerliftinggeneral.com/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NUdKocJ2GnpjFXei-N_doL7NM6aT-LwulkS8LQwGEk/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=yaiwBqjakHc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Since OP is a useless fuck,

Here's the website:

powerliftinggeneral.com/

There are programs, videos, and a lot of extra stuff there.

>Sheiko Programs:

Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NUdKocJ2GnpjFXei-N_doL7NM6aT-LwulkS8LQwGEk/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

>I don't put them on Sheiko before they've done SS and TM.
You have said in the past that you've used Sheiko Beginner as a TM replacement though.

>nerd and bully within the first 60 seconds

This is why nobody likes you

Ok donnie

This is spam and doesn't belong in the OP
Put it in a pastebin you stupid fuck

this isn't trip-less esme?

>Until they're experienced enough they will know what to do next.
Lol. They've been running Sheiko since early intermediate. They won't know shit.

>Also, you can pretty much run Sheiko indefinitely, really. Bodorio is still doing it and still having good results.
Bodorio is the top .01% of genetics in this general, and even within his own country. His experience does not apply.

Also note his injury (which isn't necessarily related to Sheiko, but considering that Sheiko overreaches on volume, it's likely, but necessary).

>The attrition rate must be staggering.
>Implying Sheiko isn't comfy training and will make you less crazy than going to failure and maxing every week.
It takes an autists mindset (or someone with daily coaching) to run such a boring program. The mental aspect of training IS important.

Esmeralda is getting deep throated by Isley as we speak

For IRL trainees that I was coaching every workout.

I'm flattered that you remember so many small details about my life though.

It's not hard to put the website in the OP and make it powerlifting related instead of spamming shitty memes and being rude to people.

Shoo shoo gains goblin

1 week out from the meet now.

Good choice for squat opener? Also is my squat finally slightly less ugly?

Making mad fucking FREAKY gains on yologramming right now.

1 month into and dl is up 10kg, squat 12,5kg bench 5kg

t. not very strong

>implying has enough enough length to be deep-throated

Looks like a good opener. Your form is less shitty than previous.

>They won't know shit.

Citation needed.

>Also note his injury (which isn't necessarily related to Sheiko, but considering that Sheiko overreaches on volume, it's likely, but necessary).

Sheiko is well known for being a good program to avoid injuries, specifically for not programming failure and every set being designed for the trainee to be able to manage it with perfect technique.

>It takes an autists mindset (or someone with daily coaching) to run such a boring program. The mental aspect of training IS important.

Boring in your opinion.
A lot of people enjoy Sheiko. Stop acting like you know everything about everyone and can't be wrong.

Maybe a tad lighter? Seemed slower than your deadlift opener.

I get pain here when I bench, using the grip from SS book (as showcased in art of manliness ohp video)

i've stopped benching for a week almost but it's still there when i type and such. taking ibuprofen 400mg 3x a day

any advice what to do and what the issue is?

>called me a stupid fuck
>says I'm rude

Its not hard to make shitty posts without adding a picture of sexualised underage boys.

All this sheiko spam has become borderline autistic.
Sheiko shilling is spam.

Feel any numbness or tingling or pins and needles?

Hey trappy. I'm currently doing cookie cutter Texas method and I'm failing my intensity day quite miserably.

Apart from gaining weight (because I'm already 225lbs) is there any tweaks I can make to program to squeeze out a bit more? I'm basically still early intermediate with 4 weeks training on TM. I put 20kg on my deadlift and 10kg on my 5RM squat

Can you draw how the bar is sitting in your hand? I have a feeling you're putting it too low.

tiny bit of numbness in the pinky finger and area near, maybe a bit of pins and needles as well

i use wrist wraps btw, medium size from rogue

>Citation needed.
See: your orbiters.
If they don't know how to pick a program, they shouldn't be on Sheiko.

>Boring in your opinion.
>A lot of people enjoy Sheiko.
I know. I said "autists" (or advanced athletes with a long term mindset).

>Stop acting like you know everything about everyone and can't be wrong.
This is projection.

The difference between you and I (besides correct gender orientation) is that I am willing to compromise in the face of evidence or reasonable anecdote.

You are not.

Add another set to VD or make VD an 8x3 with higher weight. Or just hop off TM since it's boring af and subpar unless you're a talentchad

Nice good morning

fuck, wrong pic

this is correct, i get pain here

Which lifts are you failing?
Increase the number of sets for those.
Lower the weight and go for 7-9 sets instead of 5.
Add a couple more sets to light day as well.

Cycle the rep range. If you're failing 1x5, move on to 2x3 or 3x2.

If none of that works, just move on to another program like Sheiko, or try another early intermediate program like BLEST or Nuckols.

Maybe you're inclining your hand too much, and the bar is sitting in the part of the wrist where there's no meat to cushion it.
Try inclining the hand a little bit less so it sits on the two muscle cushions right above your wrist.
Should fix the issue, hopefully.

Projection: the post.

Can you do pushups?

If you're a complete noob, quit benching and build up to a fuckton of pushups for a couple weeks if it doesn't cause pain.

Then start benching again.

When do you guys expect to have fucked up shoulders?
Do you think you will make into through your 30s before benching takes it toll?

>Try inclining the hand a little bit less so it sits on the two muscle cushions right above your wrist.

Can you draw this? I've seen this explanation from multiple people but I don't get it.

The cushions are straight below the pinky and along the thumb? Or what?

If the pic before was how you are holding the bar, I'd suggest turning your hands in a little bit, so the bar rests like shown in the blue.

my 1rm is 2pl8s

i just did a few pushups and got slight pain when i was done, probably not a good idea

>When do you guys expect to have fucked up shoulders?
Hopefully not for a long time.

I bench fairly narrow, balance pushing with pulling, and I do occasional ""bodybuilding"" for back, chest, shoulders, and arms instead of just max-legal high intensity benching all the time.

Just do prehab and get help from a coach or doctor as soon as any pain flares up.

The secret is fixing things before they become actual injuries.

Pic

Barbell curls & barbell reverse curls eliminated my wrist pain

Yeah it's definitely like the blue line, or even higher, it's not "crushing" the thumb area at all.

it's more like upper right but with fingers around the bar.

Just benched 150kg for a single. 82kg bw. Very happy :)

So deadlift still goes up every week on Mondays, but I keep failing squats on Fridays.

You think more volume on Mondays? But what would that even look like? 7-9 sets across?

Idk if I can recover from that lol

Form helps delaying it, so does balancing muscle groups aka prehabing.

But the simple fact that you/we are abusing our shoulders for unnatural movements with ridiculous weights simply takes it toll no matter what.
The shoulders are extremely fragile and using them in the manner of benching heavy will fuck them up incredibly fast, no matter what.

this is how i "aim" the bar, i rotate enough and aim for the spot right under my index finger, just like in the video

I disagree that they'll be "fucked" no matter what.

Trading quick progress for sensible breaks in training is a recipe for a quick retirement.

Progress slowly, take breaks from super-heavy barbell training, and use rediculous ROM reducing grip widths just to put a couple pounds on the bar.

>and *DONT use ridiculous ROM reducing grip widths just to put a couple pounds on the bar.

I have never loved another person as much as I love this.

youtube.com/watch?v=yaiwBqjakHc wtf has clarence hopped on the juice? He looks fucking massive

>tfw cutting and lifts are still going up on 5/3/1 bbb

Gonna hit dat der 220kg/5 pl8 diddly in a few weeks at around 72kg. Can't wait. Need to bulk so badly though, feels bad still being DYEL.

user, there's something you should know...

b8

i figured out how to reproduce the pain

if i press down on the red area in this pic i get sharp pain as soon as i let go

Are you mentally challenged?
Literally everyone knows that he roids since ages.

It's not an unnatural movement.

It doesn't cause injuries if done correctly, not overtrained, and small inflammations and signs of bigger issues are taken care of as soon as they flare up.

Good job senpai, that's pretty good :)

No, do like this:
5x5 squat 80% of 5RM
other stuff
3x3 squat 75% of 5RM

On light day do
3x3 paused squat 75% of 5RM
other stuff
3x2 squat 70% of 5RM

Well, your symptoms and location indicate radial nerve irritation.
It's probably not radial tunnel entrapment since there's no elbow pain.

radial nerve entrapments are pretty rare when compared to ulnar or median.

My guess is you're positioning the bar in a way that's pressing right on top of the radial nerve, or pushing down on your thumb in a way that's compressing the nerve when it runs under it.

I think you just have to try out different positions until you find one that's comfortable.

See So taking time off won't fix it? Should I just go and experiment instead?

Stop talking about """it""" unless what you're about to post is related to powerlifting

Nobody likes me and every day is so hard to get through

Yep, sounds about right. The bar is pressing your radial nerve that runs inside your thumb.

Use regular grip with wrist wraps, let your nerve recover from the inflammation.
You'll be fine, don't worry

What's """it"""?

I like you

The first step to getting people to like you is liking yourself.

Hmm that looks a bit like sheiko there trappy...

Alright I'll try it

Pic unrelated

Shit, can't I just keep playing pretend?

>it is not an unnatural movement.
It is. The shoulder position, the wrist position and especially the amount of force.

>it will not cause injury
Any doc, any PT, anyone that has medical exercise and works with shoulders their entire life heavily disagrees.
Using your shoulder makes it give out faster.
It is so with ANY joint in the body. Using them artificially kills their life span.

It's not a complex theory at all. Everyone knows that.

>girl says she loves you
>starts to ignore you few days after and conversations become dry and slow despite your best efforts

could you define artificial movement for me?

>Liking yourself
What a meme

Don't tell Boris or Rip ;)

Not using it also kills it.

It's about balance and doing it intelligently.

lmao

>tfw have to shit post for other human interaction

join the club

Anything beyond what is needed.
Don't get me wrong, your shoulders will likely be fucked up even if you don't bench.
Chances are just better that this happens.

A good balance is important, yes.
Guess what?
Benching absurd weights is not a good balance.
It's a pretty fucking horrible balance.

Look, i am not even here to tell you guys that lifting is unhealthy.
I thought everyone knows that by now.

I was just wondering what people plan to do once lifting takes it toll.
Will they try coping with it as good as possible or will they stop and do something else?

The this happens later*

I could use a motorized wheelchair to get around everywhere, would complete disuse of my joints be the most healthy thing?

just imagine yourself peacocking, but instead of spreading your beautiful wings you drop the most disgusting turds the world has seen or smelled, in the form of a post on a vietnamese chewed popcorn collection image board

it's all about standing out

so ? it even hurts a bit when doing pushups, not sure if normal grips is a good idea

but i dont wanna sit on my ass if i can bench without pain

>Benching absurd weights is not a good balance.

You don't get to absurd weights without having good training balance. At least not in one piece (see: spoto)

>I was just wondering what people plan to do once lifting takes it toll.

Fix issues as soon as they show up and not have to deal with any tolls.

The nerve is inflamed, so time off is necessary.
Use ice in the area of pain as well.

You'll be good in a couple of days.

Probably not.

But most certainly benching is not.

The entire world of medicine that has any right to talk about such things disagrees with you.
But hey, you probably know better.

>The entire world of medicine that has any right to talk about such things disagrees with you.

Citation needed

>What's """it"""?

I'll give you one last (You) that's not related to fitness

It's you. I don't want to say he or she because you'll get >he or >she shitposts.

If you want better quality posts; stop giving (You)s to trappy or anyone talking about trappy unless it's related to fitness.

what if it's about fitness this dicc >her ass?

Try it yourself.
Ask anyone that has expertise in shoulder anatomy and try discussing it with him.
You will lose.

I know 13 docs personally, most of them in my family, and every single one of them agrees completely.

>make easy and consistent 2.5kg jumps
>approach my long term goal
>decide to make a 5kg jump instead of waiting an extra week
>very obviously fail the attempt
>set myself back further than if I had just waited an extra week
>tfw I keep doing this

>tfw I want to quit lifting every time it happens
>set m

Just saw an u 66kg 19 year old bench more than Isley LMAO

This is the mental capasity of an average trappy orbiter

>13 docs

I know at least 3 times that.
So what?

Everything is bad for you. Living is bad for you.
It's about balance.

What about me? :3c

I've done the exact same thing user, but replace 5kg with 10kg.

But isley is fucking esmeralda in the ass, so who is the real winner?

>isley is fucking esmeralda in the ass

Except he isn't

>trappy is in denial

When I say docs I don't mean your average PT retard by the way.
I am talking about people that have studied and have commited their lives to excelling in their job - people that have kept acquiring knowledge through decades of working with their clients.

Do me a favor and ask one of your 39 docs, write down what he has to say about the topic and then write it down here.

Is there an app I can download on my phone to live stream my suicide

I'm in medschool bby. There are doctors everywhere I look.

And lmao if you think I'm wasting my time like that to respond to obvious bait.

Nah, Isley is a little bitch.
He won't escape tonight tho hehe

this isn't /b/, gtfo nigger

HELP

what do they mean when they say that the expression is a perfect square?

how does
4x^2 + 4x + 1
become
(2x)^2 + 2(2x)(1) + (1)^2

???

A perfect square is usually used to refer to a number that is the square of a whole number (25, 36, 49, etc) but here is being used in the context of polynomials. If a polynomial factors into another polynomial squared, then you can say it's a perfect square.

>how does 4x^2 + 4x + 1 become (2x)^2 + 2*(2x)*(1) + (1)^2

Because they're equivalent.. Do you not know how to factor things?

Fucking mathchads I swear.

You on right.

I do with some numbers but I don't understand how I can get 4x^2 + 4x + 1 to become (2x+1)^2

Why exactly do you think that random ass doctors in your shitty med school know anything about shoulder injuries?

The fact is that you have never talked to anyone with medical expertise about the discussed topic and know literally nothing about it.
Just like you know literally nothing about anything else that you are talking about.
From what I see you don't even lift yourself and everything that you talk about you have copy pasted from licking Sheikos asshole.

Not sure on the perfect square thing, but if you multiply out (2x)^2 you get 4x^2, then obviously 2(2x) = 4x and so on.

When you have (ax + b)^2 it is equal to a^2*x^2 + 2(abx) + b^2.

You know FOIL from intro algebra?

>explaining basic algebra from middle school
>mathchad

how can you add numbers to letters