ITT: Your favourite B&W historical photographs

ITT: Your favourite B&W historical photographs

>MFW I see a filthy French men on German soil.

I still think it's crazy to live your life on a farm, it sucked waking up early to help your papa start his farm work. You feel like you do this your whole and will always do it your whole life. Find out that several countries declare war on each other the next time you go into town. You enlist in the Army and you're barely in the trenches for a week and this fucking thing explodes behind you and you and several other sorry motherfuckers blow to bits and splatter in the mud where you're just forgotten.

At least you want have to do Farm work anymore....

>If I could turn back time.

Just some pre ww1 fraternity bros fucking around in Germany.
Love that pic.

>Greatest Norwegian who ever lived.
>Is actually Danish.

Do you think they'd believe you if you told them that between them, they would save Western civilisation?

You know you're in love when you can't stop smiling in a Victorian era photograph.

Cute

He did nothing wrong.

The funny part is that the ones who lost their crowns are standing right next to each other

Delete this Tatar savagery

>set off the worst regime in human history, with copycats and worshippers that killed more than 150 million people in 20th century alone

This photo always gets me..

>Muh stab in the back

Shit this makes me feel

>hasn't heard of Munich 1919

Did they speak with eachother in french, english or german?

Neither have you, apparently.

Not an argument

You know that most Jews in the United States supported the Central Powers right?
>but muh Jewish international

It looks like they painted over this picture. Just look at the smile of lil' Kim

best one

goddamit user stop making burst into tears

this is a very important picture

Why wasn't Tsar Nicholas there?
this is kinda neat:
>There are several family relations in that picture. For instance, Frederik VIII of Denmark (bottom right) was the father of Haakon VII of Norway (top left), while Wilhelm II of Germany (top, 3rd from the right) was first cousin of both George V of the United Kingdom (bottom center), and Queen Maud of Norway who was wife to Haakon VII of Norway and sister to George V of the United Kingdom – which made Haakon VII of Norway and George V of the United Kingdom brother-in-laws. George V of the United Kingdom’s and Queen Maud of Norway’s mother was incidentally Alexandra of Denmark, sister to Frederik VIII of Denmark. This means that Frederik VIII of Denmark was also the uncle of George V of the United Kingdom
>George was a grandson of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert and the first cousin of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany. The funeral of King Edward VII was the last time all of the great European monarchs would meet before the First World War
i would think english, but idk...

le liberator face

"""""art""""""

he just assaulted her

You never presented one in the first place

Willy hiding his mangled arm behind George

bumping so it's still around when hiroshima unfucks images

>You know that most Jews in the United States supported the Central Powers right?

Sauce or it didn't happen.

I have that same hat. I am also in a burschenshaft

No. And then they would proceed to not do it, just like in our timeline.

>when you the ugliest nigga in the room

What creatures spawned Alfonso

why couldn't they just let him be happy

all politics and shit aside, Nicholas seemed like a cool guy...

any photographs of empress elisabeth. it's a shame she didn't like being photographed later in life.

for example

tfw no edwardian bff to gossip over afternoon tea with :(

What's so unbelievable about this? Too many prussiaboo threads or people really think it was a war of ideology?

Why are girls such faggots?

lol i'm not. these are the kinds of captions that pop up when you browse historical photos on pinterest.com. that and weak bits of historical fanfiction.

TRUTH

>that look of hopelessness in their eyes

communists really were the worst thing that ever happened to the 20th century

>Blocs your path

Nicky was such a bro. I miss him every day.

Ferdinand would be forced to abdicate following the war
Manuel II would be exiled a year later
Wilhelm II would be forced to abdicate after the war
George I would be murdered 4 years later
Alfonso XIII would be forced into exile in 20 years

Over half of these guys were very unlucky. Damn.

>a few hundred Jews fight in WW1
>HAHAHA CHECKMATE FASCISTS

The shadows are perfect

>a few hundred
Wow, nice meme. Keep it up. The Judenzählung proved Jews served in WWI in a higher proportion than ethnic Germans.

BEADY

post more Nicky user

Nicky makes me wish I was a father.

comfy

what are they doing with stahlhelms?

German materiel support provided before the war with Japan.

KMT China was friends with Nazi Germany and often purchased equipment from them, they also sometimes wore stuff that looked British and American.

Hnnnnnnngg

worth of the title

The Anglo, French and Russian wanted to kill this

>be based Moltke senior
>btfo dirty Frenchmen and inbred Habsburgs everyday, unite Germany with your mates Otto and Wilhelm
>your retarded nephew helps ruin everything and also turns out to be a complete failure of a commander in chief
At least he died before everything could turn to shit

That's some good Nicky postings

Standing, from left: Fakhr al-Taj and ʻIsmat al-Muluk.
Lying on the floor: their father, Dust Muhammad Khan Mu‘ayyir al-Mamalik (1856-1913).

mid/late 19th century Iran.

ʻIsmat al-Muluk (daughter of Dust Muhammad Khan Mu‘ayyir al-Mamalik and granddaughter of Nasir al-Din Shah through her mother, Fatimah Khanum ʻIsmat al-Dawlah) among her relatives.

mid/late 19th century Iran

are you sure those aren't Americans?

So. After finding and , I was sure that Qajar Iran could not, would not, have produced a funnier picture.

Then, this came out and made me fall from my chair laughing...

« The writing under the picture reads as follows:
“Colonel Naqi Khan flirting with Taymur the dancer, Mirza Asad Allah and Abu al-Qasim Khan swallowing saliva and yawning”»

"to swallow saliva and yawn" = to look on with envy.

>Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me

>everyone wanted to dress in their civies but Willy wouldn't have it and threw an autistic tantrum until everyone agreed to wear their dress unis
This actually happened at another venue btw

>talk to the fan basic plebe

>tfw she didn't get her victory parade in London styling on the eternal Anglo

Where did you find these pics from?

/ourguy/

I got this!
Fat fucks only job is to entertain the Shah.

>tfw to intellegent

Portrait of Haj Ismail Yazdi by Sevruguin.

« Iraj Afshar ("Ganjina'i Aksha-i Iran", 1984, p:245) records the name of the figure, noting that - contrary to previous explanation - Haj Ismail was ridiculed for his obesity and not being 'the middle sex.' » [because that picture was originally misidentified as a court eunuch].

Have another picture of him, now dressed.

And a last one, with another "colourful" Qajar court characters: a dwarf, a crippled giant...

The same giant, in his uncrippled stage:

«Ibrahim Halaje Yazdi, wrestling champion in the times of Nassereddin Shah Qajar.»

Every 21 March on Nowruz (the Iranian new year), competitions would be held in the shah's court, and the shah himself would present the champion with an armlet (bazoo-band).

And so we come here:

«Zurkhana Wrestlers Warming Up and Large Crowd of Spectators, Maydan-I Arg, Tehran (Iran), 1880-1900»

Where the past champion is among the judges of the fight, and with all and his crutches he still towers about everyone.

«Zurkhana Wrestlers' Performance, possibly Part of Nowruz Festivities; entrance to Kakh-i Gulistan (Gulistan Palace Complex) from Maydan-i Arg (Arg square or the old Canons' square), Tehran (Iran), 1880-1900»

The last one, clowns jump in, judges limp out.

«Tehran, Kakh-i Gulistan (Gulistan Palace), might be part of Nowruz celebrations. Performance by clowns during intermission of Zurkhana wrestling performance and large crowd of spectators. (Nasir Al-Din Shah among them).»

I thought the war ended in 1918