/symmetric strength general/

Who /unbalanced/ here too?

Been on the reddit PPL routine for the last couple of months and I can't seem to progress my bench at the moment. Any advice?

5 rep maxes are 57.5kg/80kg/95kg/120kg
I feel like my OHP is pretty gud in comparison to my other lifts, but I guess it's just because the others are weak.

>inb4 go back to plebbit
I've seen the routine recommended here too.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/5icyza/2_suns531lp_tdee_calculator_and_other_items_all/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That reddit PPL program is awful for bench so it's no surprise you're stalling.

Solution: bench more.

any idea how to incorporate more benching into the program?

I enjoy the program in general and feel like my progress is okay otherwise, but I am also open to suggestions of a completely new program.

I also love going to the gym almost every day so if theres a nice ~6day/wk program that gives better progress that would be nice

2suns 531 lp 6 day version

Im just a benchlet

can you link me to the 6 day version?

quick google search only gave me a mo-fri 5day one

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/5icyza/2_suns531lp_tdee_calculator_and_other_items_all/

Much appreciated!

>tfw stuck at shit bench

Whoops.

shit this program looks amazing, will probably just start doing this tomorrow desu

/peclet club/

Finding it hard to progress atm. Bench and OHP go well, they're slow, but they do progress. Squat and deadlift seem to hinder each other. If I squat I can't deadlift afterwards, I just can't fucking lift it. And I can't deadlift first because I won't be able to squat afterwards. It's not about recovery, it's just in one workout I don't have the capacity to do both like my program tells me to (SS of course). I even bring milk to my workout for some extra energy.

Here's the pic..

well ive been benching with bad tech my entire time lifting and now that i want to compete i fixed it and now am doing my old max for sets only 2 weeks after fixing

I have been close-grip benching by accident the entire time just because it feels better. Now that I am doing it more properly progress started again. Hoping to get it up to a respectable number.

Here is my horribly unbalanced legs. I hurt my ankle and wasn't able to squat or even deadlift for awhile. So i did a 4 day push/pull (but no legs!). Recently i've been able to get back to squatting and deadlifting again. I can only train 4 days a week so I am thinking of doing an Upper/Lower split similar to PHUL.

Except skip the hypertrophy on leg day and just do two power days (heavy squats and deadlifts twice a week) until my squat and deadlift catch up.

Any thoughts?

Lifts:
BP = 3x5 @ 225
OHP = 3x5 @ 160
Squat = 3x5 @ 245
Deadlift = 1x5 @ 285

3 years lifting natty. I'm surprised by how balanced I am actually. Somewhat disappointed that I'm still only intermediate, but I'll take that to having some blue splashed on me. I have the whole rest of my life to train and reach the hotter colors. I don't need to get red after 3 years.

A friend of mine has been "lifting" for 2 years and can only bench 1pl8

I've actually only been lifting for 1 year and seriously lifting for another. My first year had bad diet and routine. I mostly just did all the machines I could find and avoided the barbell like the plague. My second year I strapped down the routine but still had to work on my diet and other bad habits like not sleeping. This year I've got everything in line and have made the bulk of my gains. I plan to hit 2pl8 bench by the summer.

i would never set my shoulders or set my back

Layne Norton's PH3. It's free on bodybuilding.com

Oh wow, you've really not been benching with max power then! I was lazy with my warm-up once and babbyweight4me felt heavy.

I'm intermediate after 3 months. What the fuck are you doing wrong? How often do you even lift? I go three light days, rest, two heavy days, rest.

been going to the gym for 23 months, i know what i'm doing since about 1.5 years

Kek I'm intermediate all over with advanced back and proficient chest after 6 months of training famalam.

Manlet

>feelssymmetricalman.gif

Although I think the DL calc is a bit optimistic. (I put in 5x410, which is my current working set unbelted, and I doubt I could do over 465-470 based on my last max and where my 5RM was at that time.)

Also before anyone asks how I'm so symmetrical, it seems partly genetics and partly because I'm not an idiot who does 30-40 working sets in a week on one body part then 15-20 on another then wonders why the imbalance.

If your programming is asymmetric, so will you be.

Another big thing is I've been very careful the past year to not get injured. I got injured previous year and holy shit did that set back overall progress and definitely symmetry, since my non-injured parts continued to progress while my injured part had to both heal AND catch up.

Been lifting regularly 1 month and started recording weight 2 weeks ago. DL and Squat seem pretty good but Bench and OHP are really hard for some reason. On Phraks greyskull lp, also can anyone rec accessories to do when the rack is taken?

A) I wouldn't worry about symmetry so soon.
B) Your upper body just isn't used to the stress, whereas I'm sure you have done something in your life where you wished you didn't have to take another step. It'll catch up, don't worry.
C) Just work in if you can, otherwise arm/chest accessories may work well since you do seem to want to stimulate upper a bit more. You want something that does not systematically fatigue you (i.e. a set of really heavy squats is so tiring that anything else after will suffer even if it doesn't directly use the same muscles), so isolation like a tricep push-down.

Whats your height?
Im 5'7 and at around 75kg and Im at the same strength level.

183-184cm which would be just a tiny bit above 6'.