Have the NYRers cleared out from your guy's gyms yet?

Have the NYRers cleared out from your guy's gyms yet?

yesterday a fat guy wearing a white collar shirt, suit trousers+belt and a pair of loafers walked into the gym and started bench pressing 50kg

There seems to be a few regulars who have gone into "I LIFT WEIGHTS" mode to scare them off. One dude literally was telling people that the gym was being "invaded" with new people.

Top kek

Nope, my LA Fitness flooded with teens aged 15-17 who swarm the benches. They'll cycle through 7-10 people on one bench doing maybe 2 sets each, do some curls then leave. It's fucking cancer.

Maybe it was the hours I went, but the gym I go to never really had any. Kinda shitty because I was hoping there would be people ever more DYEL than I.

Literally me and my friends

For the love of god just do some research and follow an actual routine. Your two sets of bench and curls won't do shit for you, even if you do it an entire 2x a week.

Mostly, yes. There are a few newcomers who have gone to certain fitness classes for weight loss and they've been pretty diligent with their schedules. I commend them for that. If they keep it up and make visible progress I'll be very happy for them.

>walk into gym at 3 pm
>scan my card and enter
>people literally every fucking where
>nope the fuck out of there and come back 7 hours later

why wont they just leave my fucking gym alone

fucking lmao, some dude came into my YMCA last night wearing a button own white collar shirt, black dress slacks and some dress shoes and started throwing the dumbells around in a circular motion

I've start dropping weights and being as loud as possible because fuck these people. The dude that kept walking right behind me as I was dead lifting just finally did it.

Dunno, didn't get back home till mid-January. Everytime I go to the gym now it's almost empty. Hardly anyone using machines, maybe like 1-2 people doing cardio, and 3-4 bros at most in the freeweights section.

I think the NYR thing is just a meme or only happens in the US.

>not going at 7am when only staff, older men, and dedicated lifters go

The NYRers consider 9am an "early morning" workout.

>this

I go at 6am tho

>sleep over at my ex's house
>decide to go to the gym together the next day
>only have tshirt and shorts I went out in the night before + nike sbs
>Clean and bench 175 because christmas period I got lazy and lost weight

Worried that I looked NYR as fuck.

What's wrong with that? If you fail and fall into him?

No

I haven't even noticed them, the real problem was the college students home from break.

if he got bumped into while deadlifting it could really throw him off and worse case fuck up his back

what's wrong with people? I'm new to the gym, and my gym only has one squat rack. everyone LITERALLY does a few reps then looks at their phone for AT LEAST 15 minutes. I rest for about 30-60seconds, when I can use the rack. I'm fucking triigggered

>I rest for about 30-60seconds
Nigga you're doin it wrong

>used to lift at 5:45 am with my coaches for football
It's a habit now, most mornings I'm the only the person there

>My gym is filled with fit Chads, Staceys, and juicers
>NYE fags pretty much gone after two weeks

I really think they felt too intimidated by the regulars. You could see DYELs sorta hover by benches too nervous to just take one after someone left, so they just stayed in the machines and circuits.

Fine by me. Do your silly machines all you want just stay away from the big boys floor.

The city sports is flooded with cunts. No open equipment at all

when you stop lifting babby weights you're gonna need a bit more time to rest

I sometimes go late at night as the new gym is open 24/7

Literally not a single person in the entire gym, no staff or anything

I've seen a few pairs of DYEL "bros" that basically spend their whole time whacking off with dumbbells for bitchweight and maybe benching 95 if they're feeling especially bold

saw another dude butchering lmao2pl8 dedlifs with mixed grip, cat back, and stance all wrong.

and of course, the usual bakers dozen of half squatters

yo cuz lemme walk you through a day in the LIFE of YOURS TRULY bruh
>wake up at 4 in the fucking morning eat my milk shake that i made last night
>usually at this point my sister sucks my dick D R Y which i force her to do at gunpoint
>then i D R I P some S I P in my D I P nigga
thats what up nigga
yea so after that i ju- BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

>someone actually took the time to write this

Ask them to work in? Being an autist is kind of your fault m'nigga

I kek'd

> It's new years
> Arrive at gym, 1pm
> I am in full adidas tracksuit including shirt and shoes
> New staff thinks am new there and offers me a membership
> "fuck up cunt I already paid for this shit"
> he looks shocked
> walk into the gym
> complete carnage
> someone benching without a rack, 5kg plates
> people throwing dumbells in some kind of crossfit routine
> man in fake adidas walks past and stinks
> I make my way over to the freeweights area
> Nobody put the dumbells back right
> Get my weights and start the dumbell part of my chest routine
> some fat shit comes over and tells me im doing it wrong
> "well how the fuck am I meant to do it then"
> he explains to me that my shoulderblades are retracting and thats bad because it damages the spine and he continues that it will cause some fucking erectile dysfunction or some shit
> "uh huh"
> as he leaves I start doing chest flies
> hiddeous manwhale looks back at me
> "user, your going to dislocate your ribcage
> figure that this cunt wont piss off
> "ok"
> Start doing pushups instead
> shitwhale comes back
> "your form is horrible user, do it like this"
> he does his stupid pushup with bent knees and some fucked up back posture
> tell him to leave me alone
> "but user you will hurt yourself"
> I leave the gym

Thats how I missed my chest routine.

Should have told him off, he's the king of the gym now

gym that i go to has platforms and you are not allowed to step on them if there is a person doing lifts on them but these ny fags ignore that rule and keep walking infront and behind people doing oly lifts placing them and themselves in harms way. quite a few have been warned multiple times and some even got their membership revoked.

last week someone failed a snatch and had to drop it behind his back and around 70 kg fell straight on some random guys foot as he was walking on the platform.

No but this one guy who's a regular is trying pretty hard to get rid of them

There was none in my gym. In fact there are almost no people at all there most of the time, feels good man.

Some are left, usually don't see many people because my early morning workouts but sometimes when i go later i've been witnessing 1 hour curl sessions etc.

>tfw I'm the NYR dyel at my gym

I will never leave until I become shredded, nigger.

My gym (Gold's) is right across from an LA Fitness, so all the NYRs go there instead. I don't recall seeing anyone new at mine.

never see too many NYRs at golds.... but now I have to go to my unis gym and let the pain begin

At my uni gym, yes. At the golds I got to, no because they have membership deals until next month.

>tfw think I caught an 8/10 mirin me in front of her boyfriend/husband while they were on a tour of the place

The fact that you needed to use a "NYR" as a reason to go to the gym just shows how stupid you are. You won't make it past a year

I'm in a big college area, so the local version of NYRers are actually in August and September, when all the kids come back for school. Then they disappear by mid-Autumn due to studies and exams.

I stopped lifting consistently in the fall semester and winter break so now I'm doing light weights for technique until I know I can step the weight up
I appear to be a skinny dyel NYRfag in every aspect except form, which isn't awful

Golds noho hmu senpai

XD

Sure you did reddit

>Go to an out of the way gym that people only go to because it's ran by a bunch of pro boxers who do personal training sessions
>They all know me, and trust me enough to lock up if I'm still working out
>This is good, because I take fucking forever in between sets
>Try not to look at phone much, out of anxiety for being judged, unless not many people are around
>NYRs inbound, enough that it's noticeable
>Suddenly feel bad that I'm consistently and constantly using the power rack for fucking ever
>Look over
>There's a guy curling
>On the bench press, with the bench press bar
>Suddenly everything is fine

Fuck it, I'll even have my weeb Skype friends in my ears telling me to ganbatte while I deadlift motherfuckers, ya'll are shit

I've been using the ancient basement gym in the jail I work at for the last month. My YMCA got flooded with old people and soccer moms right around christmas.

Mine is pretty based. They bought out the old chain about 3 years ago, but kept being open 24 hours. Though it is kind of weird in that there's only one oly platform, but the one set of bumper plates are at the "crossfit" kind of area on the other side of the building. Every time they use their whiteboard up front for open suggestions, it always has numerous requests for more squat racks and bumpers

Saw a guy curling on the bench press with the bench press bar recently too

I curl with the bench/squat bar if the gym is pretty empty. If someone needs to the use the bench/squat I say sure. Same if I someone else is doing that. Just say hey bro I need to bench, mind going somewhere else to curl?

Ill use the rack to hold a bar if no one is around too. I keep asking for straigjt bars to curl with and im hoping we can get some :(

Its the worst when your gym doesnt offer anytype of intro/gym etiquette class.
My gym literally just lets you sign up and pay and then turns you loose on the gym. Plates and dumbbells laying everywhere because of this. Luckily the gym is huge as fuck so it doesnt bother me that much.

If I rest for like 3-5 minutes, I can get that last 1RM off. Before that though, Usually 30-120 s between sets.

Also, never bring your phone.

>tfw i go to the LA fitness signature club in the rich part of town, thus further filtering out anyone who isn't serious since you have to pay extra to get access
>tfw i don't have any problems using equipment during peak hours since i get there early anyway
>tfw i exercise for strength and not some bullshit "bodybuilding" fedora split nonsense, so i take my time anyway

feels fucking glorious.