H O M E G Y M

I didnt see anything similar around here so i made this for you Veeky Forums. what do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Yaheetech-Adjustable-Standard-Stands-Barbell/dp/B01855EGXI/ref=sr_1_2?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1485084168&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=squat rack&psc=1
amazon.com/Goplus®-Adjustable-Folding-Lifting-Incline/dp/B019DGMUPY/ref=zg_bs_3408351_32
youtube.com/watch?v=JOy7D5LaoXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why would you need a pullup bar when most of you on this japanese anime forum are manlets under 5'6 and could easily just set the squat rack on highest stance and pull up on the bar that's on top of it.

That's 30 dollar less.

of course you can tweak it a little more to get the overall price even further down but this is basically what i started with and since most routines have pullups and $30 isnt that much i dont see why not get a pullup bar

>live in a shithole
>buy all this on ebay / amazon
>get raped by shipping costs

this is only for americans i guess

saved.

So many people don't know how cheap it is.

I should put together a frugal alternative, towels on the floor in place of bench, reclining computer chair for preacher bench, walk to the park for pullups.

whats the max weight of the squat rack and bench? you gotta take that into consideration

nice cope manlet

If you are bench pressing alone, as a noob, doing a strength training prog with 5 rep sets, and some sets to AMRAP... you NEED safety bars

Yeah most guides for home gyms are Americans. I've found nothing for non-americans, just had to figure it out myself and read into equipment. Buy used or be prepared for like $500/£350~ equipment

>No fucking cage
Most people die from weightlifting in home gyms

>Most people die from weightlifting in home gyms

And for his next stunt he will be pulling more statistics out of his ass.

and europeans, all together you probably pay 10-20€ for delivery

frugal is fine but improvising can become dangerous, especially for beginners

amazon.com/Yaheetech-Adjustable-Standard-Stands-Barbell/dp/B01855EGXI/ref=sr_1_2?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1485084168&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=squat rack&psc=1

its 390 lbs, i think that should be enough

amazon.com/Goplus®-Adjustable-Folding-Lifting-Incline/dp/B019DGMUPY/ref=zg_bs_3408351_32

bench is 440

thats a good tip, i actually just recently switched to this routine from Stripped 5x5 and never do AMRAP, well theres a lot i still need to change about the pic.

they die from benching 40 lbs? this is for beginners. with the least amount of precaution this is pretty safe

how about a bench or a squat rack for safety?

>Squat stand = 200e
>Adjustable bench = 50e
>Pull-up bar = 25e
>Basic Olympic bar = 100e
>180kg of weights = 250e
>Ab-wheel = 10e
>TOTAL = 635e
Gym membership for a year = 300e. Having your own gym pays after about 2 years around here, if you spring for a full rack, some rubber matting, a couple basic dbs and maybe a bike it pays after 4 years.

what do you mean? youre asking how safe they are at this price range?

>and europeans, all together you probably pay 10-20€ for delivery
Because having a couple hundred kilos delivered is the same as ordering a phone case.

It probably pays for itself after one year due to resale value. Smh.
The gymbanter with the lads in the gym is priceless tho.

If you are going to take lifting seriously for some years: invest in a good olympic bar. The

I would also need 1 million AUD to buy a shitty house first.

is that euro? if so
>Squat stand = 200e
no way, less than 100
>Basic Olympic bar = 100e
you get one for less without having to buy shit quality
>180kg of weights = 250e
180kg? you barely need 60 to begin with

>If you are going to take lifting seriously for some years
i was more aiming for fat neets who never go outside but who want to take a first step in becoming fit, but please if you have good ideas for a similar guide then make one, i just made this because ive never seen anything similar on this board.

also about the weights: you dont need a lot to start out with, of course you can always buy more later. hell, when i started squating and deadlifting 10kg + bar it was enough and i felt results fairly quickly.

the link is pretty good but i doubt anyone here bothers reading articles when they start out (see all "im fat how do i start" threads)

no way, the bench you can fold, bar can go on the ground, weights can stack, squat stand can stack, pullup bar is on the wall.

i made this pic because i actually use all these in one regular sized room.

i guess thats true, but even if you get everything over a period of time shipping is not going to be that high, i did it this way but i also live in europe so i cant speak for 3rd world shitholes

>180kg? you barely need 60 to begin with

topkek

>he used 180kg in his routine within 6 months of working out
thank you for your input, i will make sure to include who this starter pack is aimed at

Buy a power rack that comes with a dip bar. All of them usually also come with pull up bar.

Then buy a bench (you use the power rack to rack when you do bench press).

I had a 160kg deadlift within my first 6 months, and by Veeky Forums standards that's considered pathetic. Maybe not 180kg, but you need about 140 (+20kg bar) to last you for a couple of months if you're a slightly above average dude who takes it seriously.

i doubt thats cheaper and takes up less space

>if you're a slightly above average dude who takes it seriously
and what if it, why not buy more weights when you actually need them

A power rack takes up hardly any room. It's takes up about the same room as the bench with rack in OP's post except it's taller and you can use it for squats as well as every other exercise.

The bench also fits inside of it. So yeah, it does take up less room.

You can usually get a package of powerack + bench + dip bar attachment + olympic bar + 150kg of plates all for about $600

Sure it's more expensive but it's a fuck load better then the OP post. Also the fact if you are working out at home you have no spotter, so benching and squatting in a power rack is way safer because of the bars.

>no room for power rack in my shit hovel

because shipping costs usually discount after every subsequent weight increment.

Don't get me wrong, a home gym is goat. But I'd rather save up and spring for a decent full rack and at least a decent bar instead of buying cheap equipment and then having to replace it all after a year or two. The only exception is a pair of decent adjustable DBs - a skinnyfat couch potato could probably get decent use out of them for a year (lunges, weighted crunches etc.) and later on they are useful for stuff like laterals.

I'll stick with my safeties. You have no idea how much confidence they provide

Other side

Fuck I shouldn't have included my numbers
God damn do I hate squatting

God damn, I miss my homegym equipment.
Training in my garage in the winter is suffering. But when the first rays of sunshine hit, I would take my stuff into the garden and would work out there the whole summer. It was heaven.

op here, im by no means a professional and i would like others to make their own infographs if they have better ideas. this is basically what i use and its aimed at the regular r9k or fattie who comes here from time to time, it worked great for me.

And about the squat rack, of course its a little safer and more versatile but its way too expensive for the group i was aiming at and these people would also never buy such a monstrosity, theyd get laughed at.

i doubt you can even buy a bar that is so bad that it completely breaks withing 2 years, and again, this is just for starter, im not saying youre supposed to squat 200kg with this setup

i pretty much use whats in the op, i just never lift too heavy (so far) and i am fairy careful and still get slow progress that is totally worth it compared to before when i didnt work out at all

It actually is, how else would you buy a washing maschine or dishwasher on amazon?

I deadlift 150kg, after 4 months

and before that you were browsing /a/ and eating pizza all day? I will adjust my pic and add who this is for and what to expect, but thanks for your input.

No dumbells?

WRONG
all wrong

get a rack, then get an adjustable bench
a rack won't take up the space of a cage, and you could get one for ~200-250$
then get interlocking foam mats so you can deadlift without making a fuckload of noise $10 bucks tops

bonus item for cashed up people; dip/ pullup tower, you can add weight to yourself unlike a wall screwed one and even do leg raises too

Listen up faggots

Add rubber tiles/horse stall mats on top of wood for protecting your floor

You should really invest in a proper barbell and a proper rack (get a Allmount halfrack if you lack space)

A proper rack can gold enough wait, and had safeties

Plates are more expensive than that
For Americans check craigslist 0.50 per pound is a very good price.

If you live in a 3rd world shithole where Labor xosts are low, it might be cheapest to get someone to weld a proper sturdy rack

Fuck that flimsy benchpress. Get a proper flat bench and bench inside your rack.

No need for a pullupbar, your rack has one.

I would love a home gym.

But i can't even buy a home, fucking UK house prices god damn.

if you're a super beginner, get a non oly bar and second hand weights

it will stunt your deadlift but you can see whether you can commit to working out at a fraction of the price

See if it's profitable to rent/buy a garage with a few people

No.
If you're super duper beginner get a contract for 6 or 12 months at a gym. Then decide if you will continue training for the next 3 to 4 years before buying a proper homegym

Looks solid Veeky Forums?

INB4 lightweigh, just wanted to show hoy it looks like

you could probably replace all the barbell exercises with dumbell ones that are similar, but if youre looking at the beginner routines that get posted around here they usually have barbell squats

all together this would still be much quite a bit more expensive than what i had in mind, im working on an improved infograph that specifies what kind of people i was aiming at, but you have good ideas so you should really make your own guide if you can.

>get homegym
>now have ZERO reason to leave the house beyond work/college
Don't do it man.

millennials are the first generation where the majority of people won't be able to afford a house, shaking my fucking head to be honest.

heres version 0.2, i made it more clear who i made this for, for everyone who wants to make a more in depth version for actual people, please do.

Can a Yoke be a better option to a power/squat rack? You can Bench, OHP, Squat, Vertical Pull, Dip(if you have the right Dip bars) and do weighted carries. It is easier to move, since it is a yoke, also depending on the model you can rack the weights on Yoke itself and for last: it can be a cheaper option. What you guys think?

>first

First since the 50s maybe.

most people in the 20th century west owned houses my dude

If you pay anything less than 1.5k for home gym equipment then you are literally retarded.

It still pays off and you don't end up with half arsed crap equipment that you won't be able to use very soon due to weight progression.

can someone please give me a legitimate opinion on the ab roller? it looks like a meme, but people have said otherwise. can any of you dudes just give me a sincere opinion on its effectiveness?

enjoy that cheap ass $65 bar breaking once you put >300 lbs on it.

Why the hell does it look like a meme? It's one of the best possible ab workouts out there.

idk bro, the ab development market is pretty saturated with suspicious products, you know what i mean? i've tended to just stick to the most basic of ab routines/methods.

>tfw no room for a homegym

its not a meme, its pretty good

even the $50 bars take up to 300

ab roll costs under $10, you can also just take a dumbbell for starters if you dont believe in the exercise.

It's been talked about everywhere and anywhere throughout so many different sources lad.
I don't know how long you have been lurking but it's probably not long enough.

Ab wheel rollouts work incredibly well for abs and they make them work in the function that they need to full fill during your squats / deadlifts and even anytime else: stabilizing your core.
They are litterally the best thing to do for abs.

Are you the OP?
I have all of this equipment except the AB wheel, it works fine for someone who want to get into lifting.

I also have a friend with the same equipment and he recently did 400 lbs squat for 18 reps which is all the weight he has at the moment, the rack shakes but it holds on.

I'd recommend buying plates with handlers or bumper plates and flooring mats or even better a platform are a must.

youtube.com/watch?v=JOy7D5LaoXw
watch this

Good luck making gains with only $100 of weight

What do you mean when you say up to 300?
How the hell is a bar any good when you can't use it for 2/3 exercises after less than a year?

Same for the bench - 400 pounds? If you weigh like 180 you will be beyond that when you advanced beyond 2 pl8 bench - what a great investment.

It is ok, but for someone just starting I think it can be done much cheaper. Craigslist/Gumtree/other second-hand sites have lots of gym equipment, and have the advantage of zero shipping costs. Sure, it takes a little bit of patience, but bars/weights/benches come up everyday and unless they are 100% fucked then wear and tear doesn't really matter. If you want to make a starter guide for tubby neets, then it should be mentioned at least.

Also, Feb is a good month to start looking as people give up on Jan resolutions and sell their shit.

Why include the cost of a gym membership if you're not going to include equipment even the most basic of gyms would have?

Why do you ask the question in such a stupid way?
Point something out that you think is missing and absolutely required to properly workout.

>buying a cheap shit barbell you need to replace in 6 months
Great advice you got there

do you have proof that these bars falls apart this easily? and what kind of people are you talking about? the equipment in the op is the bare minimum, no one said anything about lifting 300 from the start, but its certainly enough to make gains for someone untrained and you can always buy something new. look at the updated version here and see who this graph is for.

Oh I get it, we are trolling other boards with this shitty advice pic?

If you're skilled at woodworking, make your own squat/bench rack. Then put all the money you saved into a better bar. Also adjustable dumbbells are a solid pick too.

Get a power cage instead of all of this seperately

Loaded question.

If you're accepting OPs argument of a home gym paying for itself within 2 years then aiming for what that amount of time in a gym would get you seems reasonable. So let's say 1/2/3/4 for a VERY low estimate. To get there you'd need, as a minimum:

>Olympic bar
>Power Rack
>Pad/Matt
>Clips/Rings
>As a low safety figure, 180kg in barbells
>As a low safety figure, 50kg+ in dumbbells

OPs post is fine if you're only lifting for 6 months and don't care about most of the things you can do in a gym, otherwise it's flat out retarded.

I looked into it a while ago and after a fair bit of analysis I realised a home gym would start to pay for itself after around years 9-10, but even that excluded things like accessory machines, cable work and cardio machines.

>machines
Machines are full of shit and free weights are infinitely better in every way

Why no cage? You can do squat, bench, weighted dips, and pullups all in the same area.

Wolfenstein, Doom, and?

Cable flies are much better than dumbbell flies

Quake

All you guys do is make it seem even harder for most. The ton of equipment is too much. What you REALLY need is this:

1. a pullup bar.
2. rings to hang from the bar.
3. a barbell and some weights

with this you can train every part of your body. you can do pullups and dips, overhead presses, barbell rows, landmine presses, t-bar rows, clean and presses, front squats.

That's all you NEED.

lol ok lad

Or you can just get a power rack, a mat, and an Olympic barbell & weights, and dumbells if you actually want to save money and make gains

Pullup bars are completely useless. You people have a roof over your heads don't you? Just use that if you're not a fat fuck.

op here, i said it a few times now, i made this pic because it worked for me and havent seen anything similar here so far. Im not lifting much but for the price its perfect for me, its aimed at completely untrained beginners who dont want or cant go to the gym. If its so bad id appreciate it if someone else made a similar guide. And keep in mind what kind of people browse this board. You really think someone who comes here from another board, someone who just wants to get started, will buy a huge power rack or 180kg of weights?

>buy this shit
>grow it out in 6 months
>have to buy the stuff we recommend anyway
Buy nice or buy twice

been lurking about 5 months. i'm pretty poor so I have been saving for one, and I guess I just needed the last bit of affirmation that it won't be a waste.
not the op bro

Bars that cheap have a 300 pound capacity and so do benches that cheap (And yes that includes your bodyweight) It's at least $150 for a quality bar, $100 for a quality bench that won't kill you, $275 for a 600 pound rated squat rack. A 300 pound (255 pounds of actual weight) weight set from dicks sporting goods cost about $189, then 2 pairs of 45 plates new run about a dollar per pound so another $180. Probably gonna want some mats, but horse stall mats are cheap and effective

Actual home gym cost is usually between $800 and $1000 after you add in the bells and whistles you're going to want like dumbell handles.

Source: Guy that is currently building home gym.

>I have all of this equipment except the AB wheel, it works fine for someone who want to get into lifting.
op here, thank you, i thought i was the only one, all i wanted was to help some people but everyone is so negative. i guess i should have mentioned it is to "get into lifting" and not to powerlift like a mutant.
I got the ab wheel recently, its pretty good and not expensive but i guess you could leave it out when youve just started.

>I'd recommend buying plates with handlers or bumper plates and flooring mats or even better a platform are a must.

i got 20kg plates with handles, everything below that is without but at that weight it works ok without them.

The power rack isn't really necessary.

You can do everything you need with just one barbell. that's all. If we're trying to encourage people to start lifting and who want to try it at home, then asking them to buy gigantic power racks and all sorts of stuff is not ideal.

Keep it simple. Get an olympic barbell. Get weights. With this you can train your entire body without problem.

Chest:

Landmine presses

Back:

T-bar rows on the corner
Barbell rows
Deadlifts

Legs:

Front squats

Shoulders:

Cleans
Presses
Upright rows
Shrugs

Biceps:

Curls for the girls

Triceps:

The shoulder work should do it but if not go to the next step

Step 2:

So you got the bar and you feel like hey, your chest can use some love and maybe your lats too. No problem, buy the last equipment you'll need: a pullup bar and rings.

Now you can add:

Chest:

Ring dips + weighted later on

Back:

Pullups/chinups + weighted later on
This is ALL you will ever need to work out your whole body at the basic level. The next step is getting a power rack and bench, but if you lack space or money or the will to invest that much at this point, these bad boys will get you to beach mode without problem.

>Im not lifting much but for the price its perfect for me, its aimed at completely untrained beginners who dont want or cant go to the gym.
Then it's fine and is a mostly reasonable pic other than the issue I already had: comparing it in price to a gym when it's lacking even the most basic gym equipment.

It's just going to make beginner lifters assume a home gym is cheaper than a gym membership, which is untrue for anyone lifting less than (in my case 9+ years) many years at which point the image is pointless anyway.

I pray for your sake that you're shitposting.

>I pray for your sake that you're shitposting

What did you mean by this? Not that guy but machines are only good for isolation and they are almost universally inferior to free weights due to their limiting of natural movement.

i had in mind that since this infograph is Veeky Forums related beginners probably want to do one of the beginner routines that float around here and this is basically all you need for that. i didnt really think about what else and actual gym would have but more about the ability to complete a routine without having to go to the gym.

>d with just one barbell. that's all. If we're trying to encourage people to start lifting and who want to try it at home, then asking them to buy gigantic power racks and all sorts of stuff is not ideal.
>Keep it simple. Get an olympic barbell. Get weights. With this you can train your entire body without problem.

Where can i get 180KG 50mm weights for 250€?

Throw some adjustable dumbbells and resistance bands on that sucker if you don't want to become T Rex mode.

maybe as optional since no beginner routine requires that, right?

Here is the real cheap home gym:

Cap Barbell Rack $100
Cap 300 lbs weight set $200 (Olympic bar and plates)
Something that can act as micro plates $10
Some rubber tiles to deadlift on $40

Total: $350

Routine:

Workout A:
Chin-up/Pull-ups progressions
Overhead Press 3x5
Conventional deadlift 2x5

Workout B:
Barbell row from the floor 3x5
Push-up Progress
Sumo deadlift 3x5

This routine will give you a full body workout without any need for safety bars or spotters.

Increase the weight by as little as you need to progress. If you can't do push-ups, use the bar and the rack to progressively increase the resistance until you are doing push-ups on the floor. For chin-ups, warm up with inverted rows using the bar and rack and then do as many chin-ups as you can. Make sure you do at least 10 reps. Use negatives if nessisary.

now put all that into one picture so we can spam it

1) 300 lbs is shit. Your derplift will pass that very quickly unless you are truly numale
2) Just because the bar doesn't snap doesn't mean it's worth shit. Ever been to a gym where the bars are slightly bent? It's annoying as fuck at best, dangerous at worst. These 300 lbs limit bars are known to get permanently deformed quite easily; in just a few months of usage BELOW the rated 300 lbs limit.

Fuck off

A home gym is STUPIDLY expensive
Pic is your classic home gym cost

>stairmill