QTDDTOT

Hello friends, old thred was ded so here's a fresh one.

I work on my feet constantly moving for 30+ hours a week (McDonald's) and go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Does that qualify me as "active" or "very active" in the MyFitnessPal settings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1oWcpweTuXs
gym-talk.com/reg-park-5x5-routine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fat girl trying to lose weight here.

Relatively /feels/ question.
Is it possible for a guy to be friends with an ugly girl? To what extent?
I just gave up communicating with male people in any form since I don't wanna creep them out.

r u loving it?

Moderate probs. On feet is different from walking. Standing making sandwiches prob different than a physical job like construction

Yes guys can be friends with girls even ugly ones.

Depends how much you have in common, don't think of your gender as a barrier

I wouldn't be friends with a ugly or fat girl. That's just me though

Oh I do.

R8 my break this morning:

>muffin sandwich
>2 egg whites
>2 slices of bacon
>1 slice white cheddar
>milk jug
>banana from home
>hash brown (I was craving it, normally just eat a cutie or apple slices)

Peep the macros, this is about as good as it gets at Mickey Ds in terms of healthfulness.

pic related is my workout , its all on machines

i have no access to barbells; small city only a few shit gyms

ive been doing this every day 3x a week

diet is fine, hitting calories & protein

basically what im saying is i have no idea what im doing, is the routine ok? should i split it up over a few days? what could i add or remove?

>read the sticky
all the sticky routines use barbells, which i do not have access to

if your cutting it would be better to under-estimate than to over-estimate

if bulking then it would be better to over-estimate than to under-estimate

Still having trouble with proper bench form.

I pinch my shoulders together as hard I can, but the upward push with my arms always seems to undo the scapula retraction. Any tips?

How the fuck do I build bigger shoulders and arms while being a lanklet?

I have been friends with an obese girl for more than a decade. It has never been an issue.

Believe it or not, some people are not autistic Veeky Forumsizens.

Consider dumbbells.

Scavenge Craigslist for home gym stuff.

Good luck user.

5 days a week I deliver appliances.. I work anywhere from 40 to 60 hours a week.. usually 50 or less..

This can range from carrying washers,dryers, ovens and hand trucking fridges (sometimes lifting overhead)

I average 10 stops per workday and the drive time from stop to stop equals about 15 minutes

I workout out 7 days a week ATM
Push,pull,LISS cardio for 45 mins,legs,push,pull,HIIT cardio 20 minutes

I'm 6'0 220 lbs trying to cut ATM and I'm estimating my daily maintenance to be about 2.8k

Does this sound about right? I'm trying to cut at 2400 a day with 35% protein, 41% fats and 24% carbs.. I'm hoping for a slow weightloss to keep as much gains as possible... So far I'm 5 lbs down and lifts are still going up slowly so hopefully it's working

Also I'm on intermittent fasting lean gains.

Does all this sound good?

Don't try to pinch your shoulders together.. instead tuck your traps under and squeeze

Will be in south east Asia in less than a week, already looking thick/solid/tight/etc, any tips on anything I can do to look more thick/solid/tighter-er by the time I get there?

Cheers m8s

Is coolcicadas PPL a good routine or a meme? Thinking of doing a PPLX type setup and basing it on his one.

A FATASS PRESIDENT
lmao amerishits

If it's working what's the question

what dumbell routines would you reccomend?

I'm worries about holding to the max amount of muscle/strength

If lifts go up/stay the same, is that good enough measure to go by?

like I'm bending backwards?

Find an ugly fat guy going to the gym.
They're like you but with hundreds of times worse self esteem.

Buddy up with him quick or else he might eventually regain his confidence and begin ignoring you.

>reduce calories to 1700 can train 6 days a week resulted in hair thinning
upped calories 2 days and its growing where it should. have I miscalculated my TDEE?

I've gone down from 22 stone to 19 stone. 6"2 so I'm aiming for about 14.
Losing 5 stone is difficult.

I've gotten myself onto a diet and I'm doing 4 2-hour cardio sessions at the gym a week, which is about 40 minutes biking 20 minutes running 20 minutes using various weights and 40 minutes swimming. I'm focusing on eating cereals and fruits, with a protein rich dinner totalling at about 1900 a day

My main question is roughly how long do you think it'd take to reach my goal, and any general tips?

>260
>20% body fat
>6'2

So if I hit zero body fat I will still be overweight on the bmi scale? Why do we use that retarded scale?

On a more serious note, how big of a time frame do I have for my calories? I totalled my car and had take a second job as well as school and have been eating roughly 500 a day for two weeks and then eating all the rest on the weekends when I have more time. Obviously at my current weight I am cutting, but I still feel like is very wrong even though physically I feel fine.

sticky tells you to lose 1-2 lbs per week

its for the majority of the population, you shouldnt use it if you lift

bumping this please

we use bodyfat percentage to describe looks as in 10% is shredded and pretty aesthetic and so on. not for calculations, because it's difficult to find out your real bf%
more information here:
youtube.com/watch?v=1oWcpweTuXs

Yes, I've been friends with girls who most of my guy friends consider weird or ugly. I doesn't bother me.

now what you could do is take the starting strength variation from the sticky and replace the exercises with your machine exercises, with doing leg press for 10 reps instead of squatting

I'm holding my breath a lot when lifting, even light weights. I'm guessing it's habit since I do the same at work. How can I form a better breathing cycle when lifting or is this normal?

I totally understand that, but it seems like bullshit that anyone my height and over 190 is overweight. I sure as hell don't plan to go that low.

How many calories are in 500 grams skinless chicken breast? I keep getting different answers. I measured raw.

you can start to exhale on the last third of the concentric movement

As long as you lose about 1lb a week it should minimize any muscle loss. Other than that there is no perfect way to lose only fat no muscle although you may make some noob lean gains while losing fat

i hate to bump it again but how should i be splitting this up? or should i just continue doing the whole thing 3x a week

What's the best way to transition from a bulk to a cut? I will be starting my cut soon.

Eating less

Thanks haha I know that but what I meant was should I maintain for a week or two then start?

Is it retarded to sit in a sauna while taking creatine? Does it cancel out its effects?

Is it worth getting an ab wheel or will I progress enough with weighted crunches, front squats and planks?

what?
Why would it?

What is better to do, between 30 reps twice a day, or 20 reps three times a day?
I was doing three times daily but I get so busy with stuff that I lose track of time and only manage twice daily most of the time, and I'm afraid of that ruining my potential gains.

reps of...what? Generally it's a good idea to get it all done in one sitting.

Squats, for example. I can do 30 and get a nice, nice strong burn, or I can do 20 and get a milder but still present burn in my legs.

Fatty in-progress of losing the weight. About 30 pounds down.

I wasted a bunch of time doing 1 lb/week (1700 cal/day) and finally learned you can do between 1.5 and 2 lbs if you're overweight enough, so I switched to a 750 deficit (1450 per day).

I know it's only my first week, but my results show that I went from 175 to 173 this week, both measurements taken at the same time in the morning after a shit. If it's like this again next week, should I increase calories a little? I'm just a bit on the cautious side, I don't want to lose too much too fast and start hurting any noob gains I've gotten over the last few months.

Are they bodyweight? Because you shouldn't have any reason to ever be able to get up to 30 weighted squats in a single day.

I'm weak as fuck so I'm doing squats with about 15 or 20 pounds of weight, not much at all.

With a barbell? You're being too vague user.

If you're getting past 5 in a set with a weighted barbell you're going too light. Squats should be so that you struggle with a final third set. If you're able to rep 30 times in a row you're not pushing yourself anywhere near hard enough.

as an ex fatty who has been cutting for over a year now, what makes more sense:

1. keep cutting to deal with remaining fat in gut and thighs
2. forget cutting for now and start eating properly + lifting to fix upper body with noodly arms

Going to be starting Reg Park's 5x5, I found the guide in the sticky to not have much info, is this one I found O.K.? gym-talk.com/reg-park-5x5-routine/

Jesus, only 5, really? Is that safe for a manlet like me?

My legs feel like jelly and my arms are gonna hurt like hell tomorrow. I'm back in the gym for the first time after 2 years of crippling depression. We're all gonna make it bros

noob gains with fat loss usually happens when you eat maintence

don't expect much from a 500cal deficit

oh my god she is pretty

that didn't answer my question at all

It's not like you're trying to break your back, just do enough that you feel resistance on the third set and slowly increase from there.

Christ read about any routine sometime, and speaking of reading

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

Every time someone asks me who I am at the gym I reply "It doesn't matter who I am, what matters is my gains".

This is normal right?

Lift + continue cutting.

You probably sound like a huge loser. That sort of stuff sounds cool in TV shows but in real life it's stupid.

Of coursh
Get outta here hothead!

You're autistic

is it bad to do certain workout behind the neck?

such as behind the neck press, behind the neck lat pulldown, etc..

1m83 95kg fatty here.

Started lifting at the end of summer 2016, currently at bp 185lbs, shoulder press 95lbs, dl 205lbs and squat 225lbs. Nothing impressive but not totally DYEL I guess.

Started cutting about a week ago after 2 months of continuous drinking and overeating in SEA. Got a few questions.

Would aiming to lose 1kg/week (about 1700 cal/d according to mfp) be too high? I want to keep as much muscle .ass as possible obviously.

How much protein should I take? I'm told about 1g/kg of bw, but that sounds like broscience.

Are protein bars good snacks for cutting? Seems like they have a shitton of carbs.

Finally, at what ~bf% should I start seeing as? I know it'll probably take months.

You're a small guy.

>Would aiming to lose 1kg/week (about 1700 cal/d according to mfp) be too high?
Unless you're obese you shouldn't do a 1000 calorie deficit. You need to be eating at-least 60% of your sedentary TDEE always. If you can cut 1000 calories and still be above 60%, sure, go for it. But recalculate TDEE every 5-10 pounds.

>How much protein should I take?
1g per pound of Lean Body Mass.

>Are protein bars good snacks for cutting? Seems like they have a shitton of carbs.
Depends on brand. Some have lots of sugar and carbs, some are pretty light and protein heavy. In the end they're convenient, but Whey is a lot cheaper.

>Finally, at what ~bf% should I start seeing as?
10-12% if you don't have stretch marks and actually work your core on the way down.

Ever since I started running, my dick is getting harder (maybe even bigger) and I'm ejaculating a shit ton more

Is this normal? Should I expect more of this magic?

I'm 24, 6'4, down to 220 from 290 over two years based on diet restriction. Just started running three weeks ago

bump

better cardiovascular strength means more blood flowing, which means more blood to your dick. Being fat is terrible for a penis.

I'm sick with a cold/cough. Can't breathe without coughing so bracing for squats is impossible. How do I minimize the effect this will have on my gains. I'm like 3.5 months into starting strength.

just stay home user. Get better.

It sucks when you can't progress due to sickness but it's only natural.

I have an important question, I'm fucking scared.

Last friday I was skipping rope and doing random HIIT intervals and I was just 3-5mins in and I got like that pain you get in your sides when you breathe incorrectly/get really tired which surprised me since I can do this for 15mins no problem.
So since then I've felt some weird lil pain like that in the same spot on both sides, is this fucking kidney stones?

I drink MINIMUM 500ml water per meal, throughout the day I drink a shit of water and my diet is more than healthy 90%+ the time, from time to time I reward myself with like an icecream ball or other stuff.

pic related is more or less the spot im feeling it, any medfags here?

Not a medfag but get your ass to the doc and get it checked out, better be safe than sorry, trust me.

Bump.

Does this seem right?

yeah this seems about right

What allows for more sustainable progress in the long term, 3x5 or 5x5? I'm doing ICF 5x5 and I want to progress faster, is it OK if I bump down the sets to 3x5 for each exercise? I'm doing some accessory work and aiming for 3x8 on that after my heavy lifts, is this acceptable?

i go to the gym 3x week, 1 days rest inbetween

i also need to fit in some rock climbing sessions, where should i have these to maximize gainz

currently: xGxGxCG

mon-sun with G being gym C being climbing

im upping my climbing to a few more times a week so my question is would it be better to do it on gym days, or gym rest days? or will this just be demolishing gainz

I'm guessing I should eat maintenance? Because otherwise this is just gonna go to fat right?

I guess it's what I plan to if this doesn't go away

just go now you silly bitch. unless your country doesn't have free health care. then wait until you almost die before you go.

That's on you user, just make sure you're eating well.

you have to pay if you use the public hospitals and you get cucked into waiting over 5 hours because lol gypsies and illegals are more important than you
then the private ones charge like 70euro, last time I had pain in my balls for 4 days, doc touched my balls and said I was fine and then I had to drop 70 shekels

people say ICF is too much volume
then there is prilepins chart that recommends 3x5
personally, 5x5 feels too much for me
if I started all over again I'd do candito linear but unfortunally I fell for the OHP meme

I'd say best on off days. if done at the same day that what you'll do last might be lacking a bit

plz anons

What's wrong with OHP? Or are you talking about the "ohp is enough for delts" meme? Because I do OHP + lateral raises and front raises, is that enough?

yup

front raises are useless, you work them a lot in stuff like bench press

rear delts on the other hand

i just had my gyno surgery on wednesday and i've been bored out of my mind recovering. it's driving me crazy, i'm sick of staying indoors all day popping hydrocodone and motrins. doc advised me to take 4 weeks off from lifting but i've already gotten antsy.

what can i do to at least keep myself a little active? hiking, i guess?

goal of 50/30/20?

how should my carbs protein and fat macros % be? protein is fine since i'm hitting the 1.7g x 1kg thing

I'm doing 50% 25% 25% respectively

What is the best routine to run while cutting?

how much was it

fork putdowns 5x8

nothing, because insurance lol duh

Does anyone have a decent daily flexibility routine o follow? Preferably video format and if possible any extra work for hamstrings and lower back?

anyone?

is decline bench press a meme?