I cant even do a single fucking pullup

I cant even do a single fucking pullup
;__;

Neither can I
>High five

That's how I started as well. Now I'm up to 3 sets of 9

How long did it take you to do 5?

Just do negatives until you can do one pull-up. Jump up and slowly lower yourself.

Start with negatives

I've only started serious weight & interval trainings in April of last year, and it takes quite a while. I'm tiny and I was very obese, basically no strength at all, but by November, I could do about 3 sets of 5 with dedicated training. Now I can do sets of 8-10, but it's still very taxing. It looks easy when you see athletes or guys with years of experience doing it, but for the average out-of-shape person, it's a very hard exercise.

use elastics to pullup. begin with a thick one and then go with thinner ones.

lose weight and train. I couldn't do one either in my college years. It took me 2 years of training to even be able to come close to pullup bar and fart out 3 pullups. I felt like a beast that day. Now I do 3x5 with 15kg attached to my body.

Your focus should be assisted machine to help you "ease into the position" and lat pulldown. Generally it takes 1 to 3 months to go from zero to 1 pullup. It took me 2 years only because I was not interested in them and had no idea of my strength levels either.

I've never understood this? Are you guys fat or something? Ive been able to do like 20 pullups since I was 10

Okay, and when you started out how many reps of bodyweight OHP could you do?

Oh, okay.

So maybe you need to start at a lower amount of weight (negatives, bands, pulldown machine) and work your way up to it?

Don't even remember. Avoid the assisted pull up machine. Use bands instead if you can, or plant one of your feet on something in front of you

Nice meme

when I started I could do 5, 3 years later now 30. set a day you will do your first single, then your first 5, 10 etc.

>20 pullups is seen as impressive
lamo, wealking

checked

20 dead hang no kip type pull ups was the USMC standard for years. Now it's 23.

That wasn't the standard retard that's the max

>not striving for the max
shitbag

everyone is telling you to start with negatives or one and shit.

No.

Just fucking keep doing lat pulldowns or the assisted pullup machine. Don't fucking try to do a 1-rep max

Have you tried trying?

I used to be like that. Eventually I could force myself to do ten pull-ups.
Unfortunately now I'm sick and can barely do one.

Assisted pull up machine, my dude.

Here's my pullup portion of my at-home program. Mind that this is the last thing I do so the focus is on form first. You'll at minimum need a band and a pullup bar; I recommend having some small weights too, even if you need to start with using a band

Please also note that while I'm using a neutral grip pullup, this should work for chins & pronated pullups. It can be a rather slow progression, but the reasoning is from Justa & Doug Hepburn; frequent work at less than 1RM will over time build solid gains.

I'm assuming you can do multiple pullups in a set.

Day 1: Just do 1 pullup. That's it. One solid pullup
Now for each day, add another set of one pullup until you can do seven to ten
Now add some weight. Not a 45lb plate. Small. 2.5lbs is enough. Repeat the above, going from 1 rep to several singles. Focus on the hang at the bottom, putting the back into it, and pulling as high as possible without kipping type movements.

Do this until you have added 10-12.5 lbs. Then start over with doubles. I can guarantee that the first rep of that double will feel like flying up. At this point, anchoring a band and using it to do slow & strict pulldowns is a good closer and cooldown for a day and adds a bit more volume on

Keep to the progression. Doubles will eventually give way to triples, then sets of four and up.

Combined with other work which hits the back indirectly or as a stabilizer, time will give volume and volume results

Start with negatives & bands if you must, but do not max out. 4-7x/week on this will be better than a few half-assedxF sets when you feel like it

Do heavy lat pulldown until you are strong enough to do negatives.

Row Row Row your back, violently in the gym

>started barely doing 1 with acceptable form
>6 in a set 1 month later
Just TRY them 5 days a week. Theres even a decent training routine for pullups ive seen on fit.

I can do 4 on a good day but yeah they are hard

>accidentally do 24
>kicked out of USMC

The more likely scenario is that the 2 extra calories you burn will cause you to pass out right before the end of the three mile run, making you fail and
>get kicked out

Don't feel bad user it can take some girls 1 year+ to do a single one.
It's literally a common fitness goal.

>unable to do a single pushup until a few weeks ago

I can rep out 22 on a good day, but I've recently switched over to weighted pulled because I couldn't get past the 22 for about 2 months.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, gains are but a dream

Hey man, that's progress ! Keep it up !

Keep trying and you will succeed user

Goodluck

I was there once, OP

now I'm doing sets with +30kg