Yo Veeky Forums, whats the best way to increase amount of pull ups...

Yo Veeky Forums, whats the best way to increase amount of pull ups? I can do about 8 but I want to do at least 12 then start adding weight, I have been been stuck on 8 for a while.

there are so many methods that people recommend and I don't know which one will work best, wat do?

Pause reps and negatives
Also if you can already do 8 you might benefit from weighted pause reps.

i started at 3 sets of 3 with 5 mins rest in between like 7 months ago. now im at 3 sets of 7.
I basically just add 1 pullup to the first set, then next time i add one to the second set and so on.

Grease to the groove or Pavel ladder's methods.

if he can do 8 already, he doesnt need negatives anymore

this is the correct answer

How many pull ups a week are you doing?

>Pause reps
Do you mean to pause for a second at the bottom? Isn't that normal? Do people seriously whip them out like those crossfit gifs I've seen posted around here?

whats actually a slow progress. either you fat or extremally skinny or just do dem rarely and dont put effort in it

im a skelly and i went from 0 to 3x8 in about 3 months
you can progress faster than that mate lol

I've just recently gotten to 20 pullups, and this is what i found really helped. Do 2 or 3 reps, then do a rep and pause at the top. Then repeat until you can't do anymore. Also be sure to be getting enough total reps in. I do minimum 6 sets. Weighted pullups have helped me but I typically don't go above weight where I cannot get a minimum of 4 reps. Hope it helps, get those wings and fly

>Then repeat until you can't do anymore.
b-b-but this goes against greasing the groove!

>here's how to do more pull ups
>do more pull ups

Great advice m8

Count backwards from 9.

negatives with weight would help him. my curls stagnated for months. started doing negatives with much heavier weight and now they're increasing weekly

the post didnt say anything about weighted negatives, but yes that would help

No pause at the top. So you're like combining a negative with a regular rep

Cut down some reps and add more sets

So if you do 3x8 3 times a week, try doing 6x6 3 times a week, do it for a week and try again your set for 10 reps

Thank you. I'm still torn about greasing to the groove or going until failure but I suppose either one is better than nothing.

yea, try em both out, there's no right or wrong way.
i like greasing the groove better personally
going to failure just causes me to have sets like 15 reps, then 11, then 6 and im not a fan

key phrase here is 'im a skelly'
bodyweight exercises are much easier when you're light

strong cope.

I mean a stupid fucking question deserves a stupid fucking response. How else do you think you get better at something???

Add weight, aim for 4-5 reps. Easy

are you mad that my twink ass can do more pullups than you or something, lmao

Do 1 set max reps 3 times a day, every 4 days, then rest 1 day. I've gotten from 14 to 27 clean pull-ups.

lose bodyweight

Look up armstrong pullup program. It really worked for me. Went from 2 reps to 21 in ~1.5 months. 5 days/week, around 10-20 minutes per day.

height/weight?

How many sets?

I'm a fattie and it's taken me 2 months to go from 0 to sets of 2. I started with -70 lbs on the assisted pull up machine. I am confident I'll be doing sets of 5+ after another month.

It's a mental plateau. Start counting at 3 or 4 so when you finish 8 reps you've counted to 11 or 12. Worked for me to get past 10
This helped me get past 10. It's

WOW FIT IF YOU ONLY COULD TELL ME A EASY WAY TO INCREASE MY STRENGTH

how about you stop being a little bitch :^)

I can do 14 max. The fuck do Navy seals have a 20 pull up recommendation man. Crazy.