Is roasting vegetables okay if I go easy on the oil...

Is roasting vegetables okay if I go easy on the oil? It's the only way I can see myself eating vegetables in bulk over the long term and that's better than no veg at all, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bu90jsp6nkE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

Maybe try steamed veggies, they are breddy gud

roasting is the god tier way of eating veggies, makes every veggie taste awesome. I recommend 10/10.

Can agree here. Even when I reheat after meal prepping, 10/10 bretty great.

Obviously just factor in the oil for your calorie count.

Just use olive oil and you'll be fine.

Stir Fry is up there too! I used to stir fry shit all the time without using oil.

the only problem with stir fry is a lot of the pre made sauces can get high in cals

I don't use anything for my stir fried veggies. I'd just chop up onion, bell pepper (usually red but that's my preference), eggplant, carrot, and squash. Sprinkle it all with a decent amount of salt, and fry it off in a pan set to high heat. Usually adding the onion/carrot first to let the carrot soften and the onion caramelize a bit.

Wasn't the best tasting thing in the world, but was great as an easy side dish.

Cooking spray works well too. Doesn't quite give it the same taste, but it has no macros and the food won't stick.

Guys, I've been frying my chicken breast in a pan with some olive oil.

Is this way worse than poaching it or grilling it? I feel like it isn't because I'm losing weight anyways

As long as you account for the oil it's fine. It's not incredibly worse than poaching or grilling but it's definitely slightly worse.

Thanks faM.

>oil
>no macros

Next you'll try and tell me you can eat a 10kg of Tictacs and expect no weight gain

olive oil is fine, but don't use it the way Jamie Oliver does

youtube.com/watch?v=Bu90jsp6nkE

You can always use butter on them, just go easy on the stuff and you will be fine.

Steamed veggies are delicious but some people say that all the vitamins are removed from them in that way (could be horseshit btw).

Protip : dont cook them with the aluminum foil, that shit is bad for your health, use a refractarium (glass container for ovens), sorry if it comes out a little weird , english is not my first language.

I like to fry my veggies, and I don't care if you don't care I'm gonna lay it out anyway.

>heat 1 tbsp oil on medium until shimmering
>add 1 tbsp yellow curry paste, stir for ~1 minute
>add 3 cloves minced garlic and 3 tbsps finely diced fresh ginger
>stir until above mentioned are covered in curry paste
>add 1 medium onion, halved, peeled and sliced
>cook until onion translucent
>add the 1-2 cups of diced zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes
>add 1-2 cups sliced peppers
>add the carrot that you sliced in 1/4 inch pieces and steamed on high for 4 minutes
>cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes
>serve over your grain of choice and top with a protein

Fuarking delicious, I just ate a huge bowl with a can of red kidney beans and a shit ton of poached egg whites. Mmmm.... clean bulking.

Sure you will. You'll gain 10 kilograms.

> boil them and all the nutrients leak out into the water
> if you steam them all the nutrients evaporate

>stir fry
>without oil
the fuck are you talking about

Frying tastes good but it destroys the most vitamins

>stir fry
>no oil
>fry
>no oil
>frying without oil

You are clueless