Is there a guide to Veeky Forums slow cooker eats? I'm on a $120/mo food budget, if that matters

Is there a guide to Veeky Forums slow cooker eats? I'm on a $120/mo food budget, if that matters.

pork shoulder

chilli

chicken + salsa

Just got one of these and after extended research ive concluded.... literally just throw meats and vegetables and some kind of sauce in the thing and let it cook on high for 3-4 hours and you'll have a nice healthy meal

Cheap cuts, broth and oil, spice to taste.

The only way to fuck it up is to forget it's on for 2 entire days.

What about trichinosis?

Slow cookers are a meme. The food always turns out boring as fuck, you can just take the same basic recipe and do it in 20 minutes on the stove and it'll taste better.

The only exception is for beef stews, and Kalua Pig (pork shoulder with salt and liquid smoke).

$120/month food budget LOL. Can't afford beef and even pork shoulder is a stretch. Have lots of eggs and chicken I guess.

I've always wondered, can you cook shit in a slow cooker without liquid? like is a sauce enough or does it have to be kind of runny?

Needs liquid, but not much, and cooking veggies releases more than enough water.

Unless you're cooking corned beef.

120, just eat rats.

>budget of $4 a day
Are you a third worlder or something?

I lost my job recently and living on savings in the mean time.

don't buy shitty meat and you won't have a problem.

To those recommending cheap cuts and broths: corned beef is crazy cheap in my area, but doesn't it have lots of sodium and cholesterol?

I guess you've never braised anything in your life

Unhealthy and disgusting.

just drink some water

>Anonymous 01/22/17(Sun)21:47:52 No.4011790

Kalua pork & beef stews are braised, right? I'm confused.

just eat peanut butter for ever meal nerd

All I make in my slow cooker is pulled pork ribs and potatoes.

I always figured it was extremely fattening so I barely Make it.

Basically put anything in it and add some onion and a bay leaf with enough water for it to not burn at the bottom. It's foolproof.

> fucking up replying this bad

hows your first day going

pork shoulder + coke/dr pepper + your favourite barbeque sauce = amazing pulled pork

>soda
No thanks

Use slow cooker alot. I got bored of red meats quickly. Chicken is always amazing.

>Chicken
>Black beans
>Tin of tomato's
>Add Mexican spice
Cook on low all day, serve on rice.

>Chicken
>Curry sauce
>Veg
10/10

>Chicken
>Tomatoes from tin
>Jelapenos
>Veg

I slow cook atleast 3 meals a week

Do you pre cook the chicken to get rid of the 'nella?

No? Slow cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3. Try it out. Guarantee you'll never eat chicken any other way again

Slow cookers are good for really tough cuts of meat but you still ought to brown that shit on the stove to get a good texture and maillard reaction.

> t. autist who doesn't understand how cooking works

How do you add russet potatoes to your slow cooker? do you skin and slice them first or do you just chuck them whole along with the meat?

The soda is going to act as a tenderizer because it's so acidic. The sugar will be negligible because of the bbq sauce.

>BBQ sauce negates sugar
wEw

> 2/10 reading comprehension

>1/10 nutrition

find a new job baka finding a job is a full time job

youtube ....
just made ribs in mine today... put ribs in, put in full bottle of bbq sauce, let cook for 6 hours

He fell for the eating autisticlly clean meme

> yfw those extra few grams of sugar give you diabetes

Where do you think we are?

Why are we as the people poor, why does God allow this

Bump for more stuff

$120 a month is heaps of that's us dollars.your food is cheaper to.