Surely, no one still believes in Starvation Mode, right?

Surely, no one still believes in Starvation Mode, right?

surely its false, right? I hope so..

I'm trying to lose weight right now, and I'm supposed to be eating somewhere around 1740 calories a day, and looking thru the myfitnesspal app I've noticed that I'm generally around 800 calories under that.. I just don't get hungry anymore, it's pretty shitty.

I don't want to be a starvation mode man.

Just make sure you still do cardio/ lift weights

it's true I skipped lunch and ate 1(one) peanut and gained 3kgs

I'm doing cardio every other day, usually about a 40 min jog. RE: Lifting Weights, I'm weak as fuck at this point and, despite reading the sticky, I don't reallly know where to start in terms of getting bigger, so I've been doing a lot of bodyweight exercises, mostly core/stomach stuff. My arms are shit though, I might as well have no arms

Shit like this is what kept me from bothering to work out for so long.

I either go hard or don't try.

There's another rumour one where your body uses your muscle before it uses your fat.

Those two together just told me it wasn't for me.

It exist but fatties highly exaggerate its effect. I used to live on 2k deficit for 3 weeks and had great results

Starvation mode is a meme. It exists but you have to be actually starving to death. If you ate under your TDEE, and your body turned the food you eat the next day into fat, where would it get the energy for the day? As long as you eat under your TDEE you'll burn reserves. If you eat over, those extra calories would become fat anyways.

Your body can't pull energy out of the aether, calories in/calories out

>There's another rumour one where your body uses your muscle before it uses your fat.
That part is kind of true, but you really have to be starving for it to happen
Your body, believe it or not, is very good at keeping itself alive: muscle burns calories just by existing, and if they're not being used then there's no reason to keep them around when you're starving.

This isn't true, unless your body is in need of amino acids.

If you keep protein in your stomache then it will always burn fat first.

>these mental gymnastics

It kind of isn't. Even if you fast for multiple days your body will prioritize fat consumption

what's funny is that what they mean by starvation mode isnt achieved by fasting but by caloric deficit over a long period of time

that's only true if you don't have much bodyfat, but if you do have fat, your body will prioritize it for energy, i mean we evolved all our fat storage mechanics just for this type of situations, sure there are some cells in the body that function purely on glucose, and sure the body does produce some glucose even in the absence of food BUT there are many sources this can come from not only muscles, glycerol from triglyceride breakdown, excess skin and connective tissue, broken tissue recycled from autophagy, this all contributes to gluconeogenesis, its not coming purely from muscle

>Starvation Mode

I thought this existed for people in actual starvation not USA "I haven't homfed a burger in 4 hours" starvation.

'Starvation Mode' isn't what the fitness industry jews say. They say if you don't eat protons and crabs every 3 hours your body will start to cannibalize its muscle. Total nonsense.

There is an actual starvation mode - it's cold ketosis. When your muscle and liver glycogen have fully depleted, the body starts burning fatty acids (mostly directly, but a little go through an extra step to become ketones, so the brain stays fuelled). That's what actual starvation mode is - your body starts to burn its fat reserves, not muscle like they try to convince you. And looking at most of the first world's population, they could really do with that.

You can do this through fasting for most of the day. Or...through a ketogenic diet, which mimics starvation - actually putting in more fuel but staying in fat-burning mode.

this is simply not true. probably made up by fat people to justify their high food consumption

this pic is bullshit, i live my life in a state of starvation, only temporarily feeling not-hungry after meals

i enter starve mode 3 times a day

breakfast 7am then starve for 6 hours till 1pm

lunch 1pm and starve for 5 hours until 6

supper at 9pm and starve until 7am

before every meal im really hungry yet feel 100% strong.

i have 6 pack, low bf and bulging veins all over my body

just before i eat, my body has been burning stored fats for food, the food that i eat immediately gets used and burned. i imagine my stomach is a really hot frying pan with nothing left in it then we add the food and it all simmers and disappears

>if you skip a meal your body will go in starvation mode and you'll magically gain 2lbs of pure fat out of thin air
>if you don't eat 40grams of protein every 3 hours of being awake and 60g of casein before sleeping then your muscles will vanish into nothing at a rapid pace
>you don't need to eat more than 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, the body doesn't need it

Fitness industry is full of bullshit.

>body is desperate for food
>thinks it's going to die
>really, really needs that fucking food
>finally gets it
>doesn't use it
>just stores it at fat
>to prevent future starvation
>while it's currently starving

>your body will panic

Oh fuck when did my body become its own sentient being?

Im at a 1000 or less a day
I just wanna stop being fat before I think about getting fit

>starvation mode
>not eating for 6 hours

Do any of you idiots know what motherfucking STARVING is?

Starvation mode is real, but not in the way you think. Starvation mode occurs when you reach a very, very low bf% because your body has no more reserve to give out unless you die.
The best example were Jews in concentration camps. It proves but also disproves starvation mode. When we look at them, they were clearly very very skinny because they were straved and lost a ton of weight, but there came a point where they could no longer lose weight because they had nothing more to give without dying.

It's still cals in - cals out. Fat gets burned if you;re at a deficit. this is literally the purpose of storing fat.

I think there is a bit of a disconnect here. They aren't referring to "starvation" like puts it. They're referring to the fact that eating at a deficit over a relatively long period of time makes your metabolism slow down slightly and become more primed to store fat if you were to eat at a surplus again. Basically homeostasis.

My maintainence is 2400 according to several calculators and I eat 1300 a day plus I exercise. What I do eat is clean. It fucking kills me but it's literally the only way I can lose weight.

I don't know man, but if i don't eat for 6 hours during the noon i get crazy soreness in my body

I posted a thread about only eating 1000 calories a day and burning a goal of 1000 per day through workouts.

Does starvation mode active if I continue this?

I mean if your body isn't getting enough intake you will go into ketosis and eventually begin to eat itself, but eating during period won't just "turn into" fat magically.

But alas, normies will believe anything they on NowThis or Buzzfeed. So fuck them, let them be fat and lazy.

but people refer to starvation mode after a few hours of not eating, which is wrong

>keto
>intermittent fasting
>cardio every day
>lifting 5 times a week

No problem with me.

Nice broscience, dipshit.

It exists, but there's different severities. There's actual starvation mode like in Auschwitz where jews literally weren't eating anything so their bodies were cannibalizing their muscle and fat reserves, which is strictly only used when there is so little food intake that it is impossible to get energy for the day.

The other "starvation mode" is just a crash diet someone does like a retard where they eat less than 60% of their TDEE, start to get mad hunger pains, and get mad when they find out they didn't lose 10 pounds in a week.

Exactly, they've taken a real concept and stretched it until it supposedly justifies whatever stupid shit they want it to. They hear "if you don't eat enough over a long period of time your metabolism will slow down" and think "if I don't eat for a few hours I'll literally starve to death."

You need to eat at-least 60% of your TDEE daily. Any less and you're being retarded.

You are never going to burn 1000 calories a day through exercise. That's retarded.

You don't need to burn anything through exercise if you're already at a deficit. Don't be retarded.

>You need to eat at-least 60% of your TDEE daily. Any less and you're being retarded.
agreed

>You need to eat at-least 60% of your TDEE daily. Any less and you're being retarded.
agreed

>You are never going to burn 1000 calories a day through exercise. That's retarded.
u wot m8?
my daily 1 hour of cardio (exercise bike takes me to ~950kcal burned. Even if the number it gives is exaggerated, I'd say it's still at least 800kcal. It's nto retarded at all. Maybe you should do things other than pick up and put down heavy objects for no reason.

>my daily 1 hour of cardio (exercise bike takes me to ~950kcal burned. Even if the number it gives is exaggerated, I'd say it's still at least 800kcal. It's nto retarded at all. Maybe you should do things other than pick up and put down heavy objects for no reason.

this is probably the same pajeet who faps for an hour and legitimately believes his fitbit claim that he burned 800 calories.

I'm gonna call bullshit on this, 1 hour of weights plus 5 km swimming burned me 1k calories. Literally 2.30 hours of excersise.

Your body is so fucking efficient it's not even funny.

I've gone on 2 hour bike rides where I burn under 1000 kcal

If you crawled at babby pace for 2 hours then that makes sense.

(Disclaimer: like I said in my initial post, I'm talking about an exercise bike - which is less strenuous than real life biking.)
I always do 40+km in my daily one hour. Still not believeable that I'm burning 800-950 kcal?

1 hour of cardio is more like 2-300 cals at the most tard

if your "starving" and have fat to spare, your body will use it.

your body isn't stupid. its does not stockpile energy for the future when you need it right now.

pic is a shit tip, not a fit tip.

Even if I do 40+km in the 60 minutes? (today was 40.9. It triggered my autism.)

Bretty much. Why do people actually think our own body is this fucking retarded? How do they think we got through thousands of years living in caves with a body as retarded as ours?

>body is desperate for food
>thinks it's going to die
>really, really needs that fucking food
>doesn't get it
>breaks down muscle needed to function every day
>fat stored specifically for this purpose is kept to prevent future starvation
>while starving right now
How do people come up with shit like this?

>1 hour of cardio is more like 2-300 cals at the most tard
Found the person who doesn't run. The average person burns 100 calories per mile. It's why it's the ultimate cardio.

>The average person burns 100 calories per mile.
Are you like 5'5" 100 lbs?

It should be a little more than that.

But yeah, if you run for a full hour, even at potato pace of like 12 minute miles, you're still going to be burning a shitload of calories.

False estimate. As I said, the average person burns 100 per mile.

Your metabolism does slow down in self defense if your deficit is really high, like well over 1000. This is why the general guideline is that -1000 is the highest deficit most people should attempt.

But all it means is that your deficits will start hitting diminishing returns.

Wait so what happens if I eat at 10 and then again at 5:39 after hitting the gym. Will my body be fucked? Pls help

Big difference between starvation mode and not eating more than you need.

>be me a year and a half ago 6' 175lbs
>down on my luck too proud to beg
>two packs of ramen noodles once every 3-4 days for a couple weeks
>ran out of change
>went 7 days straight with only water
>then ate a burger
>then went another 7 days straight with only water
>then ate some nepalese buffet
>then went about another week straight of water
>couldn't see straight or focus anymore just in some kind of weird dream state sleeping 18 hours a day
>found some change on the ground
>used it to buy a sprite from a vending machine that was close because not enough energy to go get ramen
>walked two miles up over a ridge to the ER thinking that any second I was going to collapse and die
>about 110lbs at that point
>told them my story
>reprimanded me for being such a fuck up
>did blood work and came back
>"user, all your levels are in a completely healthy range, go get a job!"
You guys probably know the science behind it but I felt firsthand how resilient the human body is

Fast forward to now I have a great job and I'm back up to 180 and in the best shape of my life

Godspeed user.