Daily reminder that it is not the worth the risk to squat and deadlift heavy...

Daily reminder that it is not the worth the risk to squat and deadlift heavy. A momentary slip in form can fuck up your back. If you can squat 3 plate and deadlift 4 plate you will have great legs and be in the top 0.1% of strength. There is no need to go any higher.
Don't snap your shit up because of some stupid meme.

HES A TREX

Is 3pl8 and 4pl8 sqaut and deadlift not heavy?

It's high intermediate. It's probably more than most need anyway and could most likely be reached without too much autistic powerlifting techniques.

Bump

Not that guy, but what if I'm 6'3"?
recovering Skelly, I only weight 170 and after 4 months of lifting went from lmao.5pl8 squat to 2.5pl8

All beginner gains?

Oops, it's been 5 months now.

Possible, but extremely fucking unlikely unless you have absolute god tier genetics. Most likely scenario is you are quarter repping

>implying 3x5x315 squat and 1x5x405 deadlift is easy to get

its fucking hard, i dunno how you guys consider it so easy, its FUCKING HARD.

i'm a NEET with perfect diet/sleep and for me its fucking HARD, can't imagine what it would be like for someone with shitty sleep who works full-time with a family n shit getting those lifts

yet its supposed to be ez as hell

sure thing u e-stating faggots

It depends a lot on how big you are.

Also NEETS tend to have their own lifestyle issues slowing down progress. It's not that conducive to gains unless you dedicate a lot more than just your SS sessions to it.

I never said it was hard dude. It took me a while to get especially cause my legs are long as fuck. I just said there is literally no point in risking injury by going higher than 315. My best was 325x5

I was going ATG for a while but then got concerned about buttwink and my lower back losing tension.
So I started aiming for just below parallel.

I'll have to take a video next time so Veeky Forums can judge me.

i had similar progress. got to 3pl8 after roughly 5 months but then it suddenly stopped and have made almost no progress in the past month

>Daily reminder that it is not the worth the risk to squat and deadlift heavy. A momentary slip in form can fuck up your back.

I know this is a troll thread but there's literally no risk unless you consciously do stupid things.

Maintain good form = no risk of injury
If you CANNOT complete the rep while maintaining good form = dump the weight

Most injuries are idiots forcing rep(s) with weights too heavy for them to maintain technique & form. Ego causes injury, remember that kids.

It's entirely possible to get hurt with good form. It's not as likely as when you're fucking up but shit happens.

Lol ok.

I have ok legs and I squat well above 315 and dl well above 405 but I'm 6'3 and 250 lean bc of big frame so those numbers are chicken shit lifts when considering ratios. For a manlet 3/4/2 is a good easy strength split but it's not some blanket statement you can make that you'll snap your spine if you go any higher.

It's the hardest thing of 1/2/3/4 imo.

I can nearly ohp 1pl, bench 1,5pl but squat isnt even at 2pl yet.

I squat 2 times per week atg 8x3 and process is soo slow.

Is it my build maybe?

Its because you hate your life and you get all your powers from that. Quite simple really.

>Risk to squat and deadlift heavy
Lmao, might as well stop shitposting on Veeky Forums due to the risk of developing carpal tunnel syndrome.

The way I got my squat up initially was 5x5 3x a week every week, every session increase weight by 5lbs or 10lbs and if I can't successfully finish all 5 sets with 5 good clean reps then the next session I don't increase until I can do all the sets. This isn't a fun progression and it hurts a lot but it worked for me, went from 135 to 250 1rm in under 6 months and now 405 1rm about 2.5 years after I started.

>there's literally no risk
>heavy weight on your back or pulling
Retard. You have no respect for the weight.

>there's no risk to loading hundreds of pounds on your back

That's why I never do maxes or push for an extra rep

There is risk if injury with every single activity on earth. Good form just reduces the risk

>yfw theres literally no video evidence of deadlifting hurting the spine of a lifter who isn't a novice.

isn't there a video of some guy in china breaking his back deadlifting recently?

Even if there is, the Chinese are fucking insane, I'm not sure how much I'd trust it.

this. I've been lifting for almost 2.5 years and only JUST hit 1pl8 OHP and 2pl8 binch

if you start off skinnyfat or with no athletic experience, 1/2/3/4 takes FOREVER

> tfw cucked myself by not doing sports in high school

I quit squatting after 6 years, ask me anything

lmao

I love this because people will say "i don't squat or deadlift becuz i dont want to hurt my back hurdur" but they will then proceed to go bench press without and arch or some shit form and little do they know they're fucking up their shoulders

coincidentally the only pain I've felt from the gym is from bench press which normies love, so go figure

pretty much the same as you. started 2 months ago. I could squat 5x5 for 2 plates but my form was not that good, so Ive decided to go back to 85kg and work my way up with good form again.

3/4 plate is not "high intermediate" it's just out of beginner stages honestly.

I'd wager most athletic high school kids could reach those numbers in 6 months of training time

if you're an autistic fat neckbeard, well then yeah, you're going to have a bad time.

Your genetics are also most likely shit, and there's really no hope for you being aesthetic if thats the case anyway.

>Im a NEET

there's your fucking problem user. Going to the gym 1-2hrs 3x per week is pointless if all you do is sit on your duff and play video for the remainder of your life

more active people with careers, social lives, and reasons to live outside of the gym will make better gains because their bodies are constantly in motion which is obviously better for health and recovery than just sitting on your ass all day.

>It's the hardest thing of 1/2/3/4 imo.
it really depends on what you're good at and build.

I managed to get OHP first, squat not too long after. But bench and DL especially were pretty far off.

Yes and no. Consider the following:

Starting Weights:

Squat: 45 lbs (Bar Only)
Deadlift: 65 lbs (Bar + 10 lb bumper plates)
Frequency: 2 x Week
Increase: 2.5 lbs a workout

Results:

Squat 3pl8 = 12 Months
Deadlift 4pl8 = 16 Months

Conservatively, most men should be able to reach a 3pl8 Squat and 4pl8 deadlift with two years.

For a 200 lb man, 315 lbs and 405 lbs would be 158% and 203% Bodyweight. Those are reasonable figures. Anything more is getting into powerlifting territory.

that's not his problem

i always made miraculous gains when i came home from uni and there was no stress in my life for a few weeks

he probably just has shit genetics desu

I pulled 525 with the most ducked up form and back arch last week.

I don't care though. Felt good.

He didnt break his back during the lift. He passed out at the top of the lift, dropped the bar properly but fell onto stacked plates behind him which snapped his back.

In the video you can see he didnt break his back in the lift because he uses his legs properly until he slips onto the plates.

I squat 3.5pl8 after 5 months and I'm on a cut, but I was really fat. I know my form is good because there are a couple of experienced lifters who watch my form and give me tips

the fat helps, it's a mechanical advantage in the squat to have a big fuckgut

if you look at the SHW classes in the IPF, those guys squats are usually approaching or exceeding their deadlifts for this reason (RAW of course, not equipped)

big fuckgut = advantage in squat, makes your deadlift setup worse (further from bar)

if you keep cutting eventually your mechanical advantage will be replaced by abs and you'll probably see some technique change and strength loss in your squat (hopefully not)

>buying tickets to snap city to impress a bunch of dick suckers on Veeky Forums so they can tell you how thick solid tight you are

Lol just let this fucking stupid starting strength meme die.

Shit tier autistic exercises:
>bench (goodbye shoulders)
>barbell squat (goodbye knees)
>deadlift (goodbye back)
>ohp (goodbye shoulders)
>snatch

These exercises will not make you more athletic. They will make you disproportionate and prone to injury. There's a reason pitchers and QBs don't bench. There's a reason 6' 4" basketball players don't squat. Even with good form these lifts are detrimental to overall well-being and suffice only to stroke egos.

When Veeky Forums changed from health and fitness it should have just been changed to /SS/. IDK where the whole militant "bulk gomad SS no cardio proteins steroids" subculture comes from. I'm assuming it's propagated by a bunch of west coast homosexuals. That being said I know there are lots of people here into a healthy active lifestyle and aren't into all the weird Shit but god damn the amount of misinformation is so bad here. I'm just imagining all the normies who take this shit seriously and end up wrecking their shit...

>There's a reason 6' 4" basketball players don't squat

because they usually have leverages extremely unsuited to squatting, and training them to do so and having them do the work to progress in squatting would cut into their sport specific training?

if benching and OHP is out, all pressing exercises are out, because any dumbbell work is just as unsafe - if you bench with a slight arch and decent form the strain on your shoulders shouldn't be too much anyway

squat is just fine for most people, when you get into basketball player limb territory it might be more strain on the connective tissue than it's worth

deadlift - same as squat, but for stubby armed manlets

snatch - no argument there, olympic lifts are shit for aesthetics

People here still pretending to be powerlifters?

Please go and read the sticky like eight times. You are severely misinformed

Most people have absolutely trash form and ego lift. So many 1/8th range of motion squats just to get that lmao.

He is an idiot but brings out a solid point - you don't need the Big 3 if you don't plan on becoming a powerlifter. If you have trouble back squatting, you could easily do a box squat or front squat and it wouldn't matter.

Exercises are just a means to an end, really.

You overestimate how small most people are
I'm 5'8" with love handles at 160.
As far as world population goes, I'm fairly average/possibly a bit taller (think about Asia and south America)
For someone at 150lb, that's a 210% squat and 270% deadlift. This is a huge difference. I'd say most men at a normal bf% are closer to 150 than 200

It has less to do with how much weigh you can lift and much more to do with how much can you lift vs how much you weigh.

This of course is skewed when one is excessively fat.

Then when you roll it back to include the whole population not just gym goers specifically those pushing heavy ratios. one really gets a grip on how impressive those "intermediate" as you call them lifts actually are.

During my three year of lifting experiences, i did the following

>dropped the bench after 6 months, replaced it for weighted dips
>dropped the rows after 1 year, replaced it for weighted pull ups
>dropped the squat after 3 months, replaced it for more deadlifts
>dropped the deadlifts after a year, replaced it by HIIT sprinting routines and farmer walks

The only good lift is the OHP, and funnily enough powershitters don't try to max it

I grew up lifting after 2 weeks.

Have you never played sports in your life before you started lifting? How sprinting or farmer's walks can be a revelation to some people is beyond me

bro it's not at all unlikely if he's eating a lot, sleeping well, and not missing training sessions.

fuck off already, this is getting stupid

What if you faint at the bottom of a squat with no safety rails?

I'll be here to save you user.

Kek
user is getting mad that a skelly and some randos are already stronger than him.

>this whole entire thread

1. Gains in lean muscle mass and caused by full muscle contraction, full ROM, and lots of volume- not by making neurological strength gains and lifting an autistic number of pl8s off the floor

2. Honestly I'm too bored to even bother correcting idiots anymore

Not with good form.

If you are training with the goal in mind to be strong, you fucked up so badly

Obviouly you don't need any of those lifts for a good physique, but deadlifts, you sort of need.

How else are you really going to grow your lower back? They are very hard to replace man