What is up with this gay ass game and being a fucking heavy distraction to those who play it?

What is up with this gay ass game and being a fucking heavy distraction to those who play it?

My friend wants to start lifting and he wanted my help so he could get into lifting. He has been putting off lifting for a week for reasons including League. Today he told me to wait 30 mins because of league so I told him to fuck off and find someone else to help him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=12vh55_1ul8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Used to play league. It's a game that requires at least 2 hours of free time for one game and you have no idea how long the game is going to be and you are heavily punished for leaving early since it requires every team member to put in effort to win.

I used to do the same shit but I just replaced it with equally addicting/fun games that simply don't take as long.

A ranked game in my current game is 20 minutes. There's just no justifying the 2 hours per game for little progress anymore.

I live in Greece and this game is (still) a huge deal here.It was meant for people under 15 but I see well adjusted adults play it and talk about it all the time.I can't for my life see the fascination with it especially taking in mind the hours you have to sink on it just so you "pwn noobs" better.And still that doesn't guarantee your entire team doesn't suck cock.Fuck this time sinking money grabbing game.

Games in general OP,

Or just people with no will power

One of my friends wanted to gym with me, didn't even last 2 months, I was so pissed off, I even was patient with him.

Got to his house at 6pm for a gym session, and he said, oh user let's just play a couple rounds of bf1 and go later, cool, okay,

9pm rocks up, and I barely even had the controller during this time, ready for gym now bro?

Aw dude, I'm kinda tired, probs not tonight

Mfw

Literally fuck yourself mate.

I get what you're trying to say, but the average for a game of league back when i played was 30-40 min, and I heard they have taken steps toward shortening games. That being said, the average SESSION comes out to 2-3 hours, because you never want to end on a loss, and if you're winning you want to stay hot.

I'm including set up times and people dodging, especially in ranked.

I say two hours because that included takes 10-30 min but you never know if a game lasts long or not.
3 hours per session does seem right though. Personally I used to stop after a loss because I didn't want that to "tilt" me.

League is shit. I replaced mobas with CSGO, overwatch, and rocket league because I know how long those games will take. I used to play dota 2 like crazy and it consumed my life.

>CSGO
???

Csgo games take just as long if not longer than league games. If you're playing comp. that is.

league is addicting in the way that you get more and more angry but still want to keep playing, good thing i quit this shitty game.

Not really, comp games normally lasts about 30-45 minutes depending on how my team doing. Sometimes shorter if we're winning by a lot.

>tfw got myself banned from wow after legion by endlessly botting on purpose to stop playing
>tfw blizz only gave me a 6 month suspension not a lifetime one

Fuckers know what they are doing

Yeah, I'm with Sorry to be pedantic, but it's the sessions that take that long, not games.

I used to be bad into it AND lift.

Played 3-5 hours a day in addition to other stuff.

It's a cancer/waste of time for the most part. Very difficult to play casually because of the pressure to be good. If you don't play a large enough sample size you won't improve. If anything, you'll regress because casual players typically stay in bronze.

And even if you grind to high silver+ and just go casual it's very hard to stay with the meta or not regress.

It's like having a job tbqh

Did he know what time you were coming or did you randomly show up? Either way obviously physical fitness should take precedent, but a heads up is nice.

The fuck?
It's rare as shit for a game to even last a full hour, I've literally never seen a game come close to 2 hours and Ive played over 1000 games of league m8.

>Replaced MOBA's with overwatch

???

Overwatch is a moba

In the current meta games are shorter than in the past. 30 min on average

It's a masochistic timewaste that turns you into smoking rage-o-holic.

Think WoW, but you're angry and annoyed at least 50% of the time spent playing.

90% of the time it's your teammates fault for losing as well. Sometimes the game is lost right at the initial draft period then u have to sit through a 50 minute loss while having 0 fun at all from start to finish.

MOBAs are normie pleb garbage

I played Dota, I started like August 2015 and stopped December 2016. Managed to rack up almost 2000 hours.

I know means of entertainment are pretty much interchangable, but I mean If I spent that time learning to code or cook for example I would've had a useful skill instead.

DOTA2>LoL

Never got these dumb games when all you have to micro ONE unit. Real RTS too hard for scrubs?

Games are a huge addiction, especially MOBA ones (League and Dota). Managed to kick my habit last year because the developer made some shitty decisions about the game. They've fixed them now but I'd rather not come back to the game and get back to wasting all my time. Happy with just following the e-sports scene tbqh.

>It was meant for people under 15
Don't think it was targeted towards any demographic honestly

It's not. Not even close to it. How do people make this assumption without ever playing it?

you guys should play dota

my longest game on record took 3 hours. then again i played as techies.

40 min games are pretty average and 60 min games are not uncommon.

also i played league and i could stand at how little shit happens. everyone just stays in the same lane the entire game. laning fase can end in like 8 minutes for dota. and good supports rotate constantly to help other lanes.

Games last in hour in ranked often, since you're meant to be on equal skill levels.

You're not including the drafting process where you spend 10 minutes setting up bans and pick and then someone is likely going to dodge when they don't like what they see.

>3 hours
>then again i played as techies.
Sounds about right. The 7 update just changes Techies' early game. Everything else is still an uphill battle for the other team.

Laning lasts a bit longer in League, but not by much. It can seem longer comparitive to the average game time though.

>and good supports rotate constantly to help other lanes.
Obviously goes for League as well.

Are you drunk m8?
I've played league since beta, games very rarely last 1hr even in ranked. People tend to have short attention spans and when they're struggling for 20 minutes they just want to give up. However to avoid this being just muh opinion vs your opinion, some numbers:

>In this analysis I looked at 623,281 ranked NA solo-queue matches from patches 5.1-5.6. The database grows, and the insights grow.
Average game length is around 31-36 minutes throughout all divisions.

>www.leaguemath.com/match-duration-analysis/

>5.1-5.6
Cool

>good supports rotate constantly to help other lanes.
You just can't rotate and gank other lanes as a support in league in lower elos. Your adc just can't endure the psychological pressure of being 1v2 and the adjustments in playstyle it requires.
So if you do roam and he gets killed cause he didn't play accordingly and didn't want to miss that one cs he's gonna rage at you for the rest of the game
t. support main

>cherry picking
they've actually been continuously making updates to shorten games ontop of that m8.
ie dragon buffs, elder dragon implementation, limiting the number of wards you can place, etc
LoL is just watered down dota 2, like heroes of the storm is watered down LoL, they simplify things to attract a bigger audience. They're basically more complex cellphone games at this point.

>LoL is just watered down dota 2, like heroes of the storm is watered down LoL
This implies that these 3 games are similar, honestly they aren't.

Compared to DotA, League is watered down. But League is not a watered down DotA. You might think this is semantics but I'd argue these 2 statements are different enough to make a distinction for it.

When it comes to HotS, I think your statement is even more idiotic for the same reasons.

this game was so good at 2012-2013..

how the fuck can you play it now? it's so bad

i watched pro games from both games

dota has constant action and kills
often games have at least 40 kills

league your lucky with 7 kills in a full game.

LoL from Dota 2:
>remove denying
>remove the ability to stack camps, or pull lane minions into jungle camps
>remove skillshots hitting allied minions/heros (blitzcrank, etc)
>keep the same map setup, but make it smaller
>remove loss of gold on death
>make all abilities cost less, and be more spammable, while doing less damage generally
Could go on, League was literally paid some of the people involved in wc3 dota to help them design LoL. Eul was one of those individuals.

As for HoTs, they went a step further and removed items, made exp global, made the map even smaller again, etc.

>i watched pro games from both games
lol
I follow both games, used to play both

>dota has constant action and kills
often games have at least 40 kills

>league your lucky with 7 kills in a full game.

And this means League is a watered down DotA how? Just further proves that the 2 games are pretty different.

>naming things that don't exist in one game but exist in the other prove that one of these is a watered down version of the other
Braindead

I could come up with things that exist in League but don't exist in DotA, thus proving that DotA is, indeed, a watered down League.

>made the map even smaller again
Heroes of the Storm had like 10 different maps last time I checked. You just don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about.

>I could come up with things that exist in League but don't exist in DotA, thus proving that DotA is, indeed, a watered down League.

i gotta hear these

>being unironically this retarded
I'll try to make this simple for you m8:
1. Dota existed a decade or more before LoL
2. LoL was literally designed by Guinsoo/Eul who both designed Dota. Riot wanted them to basically make a simpler more fun Dota to reach a wider audience, with a pay to get an advantage aspect.
You could list things LoL does that Dota doesn't, but since only one of these games was built off the image of another, it doesn't apply.
Also all of the heroes of the storm maps are smaller than League, which are smaller than Dota. If you are autistic enough to not understand this just by looking at the maps or having played on them, feel free to run from one t1 tower to another from the two furthest apart lanes on any given map, while timing it, to prove such a simple point to yourself.

Just goes to show Dota is an immature game
If you want kills go play CoD
League is a strategy game, it's about taking objectives to eventually destroy the nexus

League and Dota are both shit. Don't kid yourself idiot

League has 2 global objectives, the Baron or Dragon. DotA has 1, which is Roshan. Therefore, DotA is a watered down League.

If you want a long answer of why I think the 2 games are different, I can give a long answer to that question.

>1. Dota existed a decade or more before LoL
Irrelevant point

>2. LoL was literally designed by Guinsoo/Eul who both designed Dota. Riot wanted them to basically make a simpler more fun Dota to reach a wider audience, with a pay to get an advantage aspect.
Intent is irrelevant. The result matters.

Your wall of text brings no new information to the table whatsoever. Do a real assessment of these games or fuck right off.

>Just goes to show Dota is an immature game

Lets see
Dota: Every character is unique with a different viable skill set that doesn't resemble another character
League: Almost every character has a variation of a three hit combo and "skill"(read as spam)shot

Alternatively, taking video games seriously is for children and feeling better about yourself/game is far more immature than what you believe dota to be.

no it means that in league you cant actually do shit because everyone has a free blink dagger with no cd when damaged. plus you dont even have smokes.

>
League has 2 global objectives, the Baron or Dragon. DotA has 1, which is Roshan. Therefore, DotA is a watered down League.
You're not taking into account the actual mechanics of the game.
More objectives /= more complexity.
The end goal is the same, which is to destroy the enemy base.
Either way both games are shit and you're a retard if you play any ASSFAGGOTS

yes its not like dota also has rune spots and ancient camps which are stacked for more value then the dragon can ever hope to be. not to mention a jungle that is twice as big with creeps that all have different abilitys you can use when you dominate them. oh and shrines are not objectives either.

>tfw last year of college when LoL got popular in 2012/2013
>didn't get addicted

wew. I quit WoW before I started college as well. I couldn't be a beta cuck in college, I had to change and become alpha

why does every board always have to have some retarded faggots arguing about league and dota? can't we just admit at this point that all mobas are dogshit?

this game is for underage if your a adult and playing it chances are you're a stoner or addicct and your life is shit

I had a bunch of friends who went crazy for Lol and they spent hundreds of dollars on those point cards at gamestop. I played like 2 games and got bored of it, quickly went back to good RTS games like Brood War and Ao2

>not being the 5%

>More objectives /= more complexity.
I disagree. Even going by that point though, try to justify how a bigger map leads to a more complex game.

Even going back to my first point, I did say that League is pretty watered down compared to DotA. But League isn't a watered down DotA.

>Either way both games are shit and you're a retard if you play any ASSFAGGOTS
I think both games are pretty good. What I think is that you should avoid playing any form of a video game, just ends up wasting your time. If you want to play games go for ones that aren't addictive. My favorite is Nuclear Throne.

You can stick your head in the sand all you want chief, but just crying "nuh uh" repeatedly doesn't really do anything but prove your own ignorance.
Though at this point I just assume you're trolling because you have nothing better to do. Anyone who thinks a typical game takes 2 hours in any of the 3 mobas, probably never played much, if at all.

I can't play Dota 2, I have an addict personality trait with that stuff. I'll just play 3 hours a day and think about how I can improve for another 2, and play until I win etc.

Shame because it's really fun when you're having a good game.

Dota is exactly the reason why i lift first thing in the morning.

I want as much free time as i can get after work

Im a vet, since dota 1, all my friends just started dota and its been a huge blast. Especially being so knowledgeable in something people are oblivious to, and it feels really good seeing them implement your recommendations successfully.

Dota 2 man. What a great game!

tfw 3.8k mmr with this many hours

why should i not kms?

>Anyone who thinks a typical game takes 2 hours in any of the 3 mobas, probably never played much, if at all.
You are just baiting me at this point, since I never said anything like that.
Not even gonna reply to your troll posts anymore.

>playing ASSFAGGOTS in 2017
You're never gonna make it.

What amazes me about Dota is that someone manage to do international hit song about playing it.
I doubt Lol or Hots can pull that off.

youtube.com/watch?v=12vh55_1ul8