Anyone have any exercises to help with a herniated disc...

Anyone have any exercises to help with a herniated disc? I recently recovered from a squat session gone awry (4 weeks downtime) but my back is still creaky as fuck. Blew out the disc when I was 13 so it shouldn't be as debilitating but it's still painful as shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Healing-Back-Pain-Mind-Connection/dp/0446557684
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>another day on Veeky Forums another deadlift meme victim post

Mcgills big 3 + physiotherapist now

If you have problem with:
Back
Shoulder
Knees

The best solution is to see a physiotherapist. Always.

this is why im afraid to do heavy squats and deads

im just gonna get a 2 plate squat and 3 plate dead then stop, fuck that

amazon.co.uk/Healing-Back-Pain-Mind-Connection/dp/0446557684

cured me

Planks and superman's it still hurts but less flare ups

Gotta wait for it to heal itself which means you need to keep the muscles involved in protecting the area as strong as possible (without making your injury worse) and avoid standing/sitting with bad posture that will make the injury worse. If you need help doing so go see a physio.

Cobra/child yoga poses

Keep moving, don't stand/rest in one place

Don't fuck with it god almighty.

Depending on the extent of the injury you're in for the long haul. Busted my back June 2015 and struggled with awful awful pain for months, still hurts to this day but it's substantially better.

Superman poses
And child yoga poses
Every day.

I do both of these already :/

Does the pain ever go away forever? Or am I fucked?

There's a good to fair chance you're fucked.

Try romanian deadlifts or good mornings. Those really helped me with my hernia, I never have back pain anymore.
At first it might hurt a little but keep at it. It really helped me with my hernia. After a month my lower back just stopped hurting.

It still hasn't gone away for me after almost 2 years. But it's definitely cleared up and I don't notice it as much anymore.

Realtalk, you're likely in for hell, use it as an opportunity to build your mental toughness. Worst pain of my life was the referred nerve pain in my foot, wouldn't wish it on anyone

(If you want an /x/ answer, do controlled meditations, like visualizing a healing blue light that represents pure, absolute healing power where it hurts. Placebo or not I don't give a fuck with enough concentration the pain does get noticeably reduced)

Fuck. All I wanted was to squat 3pl8.

The only other thing that helps is topical dmso, and oral msm. I take the stuff they give to horses. Its pharma grade and a fuckload cheaper

How do I know if I'm fucked?
My pain is not as bad as the one one of you describe, but it's more like a discomfort but if my back is irritated and I lift a weight from the ground I feel a pain in my lower back (localized where the spinal almost ends). I don't think stretching my back "toes to toes" would help me. I don't feel pain in my legs or feet. I don't want to be fucked forever I'm 19 year old and had this since 6 months ago but it went away and come back and went away and come back again. I think it's because deadlift and or squat

I really don't want to have this forever, I don't see me having pains in my life.

And I don't want to stop working out, I like DL and SQ I used to do 1x5 (and warming up sets) and 5x5 respectively, I enjoy doing those exercises but not If I'm having pain while doing it.

Pshahaha this is why I don't do squats or deadlifts! Hahaha

I deadlifted 50 pounds with bad posture due to my hip being out of alligment due to bad posture when I was younger and did not excercize. I have had the bulged/herniated disc since august this year. The best advice I could say is to build up the core muscles and not to lift until the pain subsides and get a mri also get into pt asap do not put it off

this tbqh

Why? That's plenty enough weight to fuck you up if you have bad form. But you're not going to use bad form, you're going to use good form, so why not keep getting stronger?

I'm in a very similar situation as you, currently in physical therapy for an L5-S1 disk bulge and have had it for a year before I'd seen a physical therapist.

I did go to a chiropractor and that had really helped me but then it came back again even worse.

Basically its gotten a lot better and my physical therapist has cleared me to work out 100% and I'm still taking it really slow.

One of the issues I've had was hip pain when I'd squat and I've been fixing it by watching my form and feet and squeezing my glutes hard as fuck right before I squat down

Something for my back I've been doing (that my physical therapist recommended) is to do what other a anons said and do cobra pose, basically just doing 6-8 times a day 10 reps up and down, try to loosen hips so they stay down. It usually hurts while I do it but when I finish I feel a lot of relief. You can kinda try to move so you feel it in different parts of your back (for me it was move my legs right while I laid down and did it so that it targets my right side).

Another thing is your posture, try to keep your posture as perfect as possible.

Something I should have been doing is icing it, I did the other night and it felt awesome afterwards.

go to a dr and have them laser fix that shit. my cousin did it and his recover was less than 6 weeks