WHY REQUEST WILL BE HUGE: some calculations

Part 1:

The only clickbait is the title, the rest of this post will be explanations and calculations and all you anons can come to your own conclusions based on that.

As no doubt many of you are aware- both OmiseGo and Request are quite comparable in a few ways, but for now let's stick to discussing staking. The biggest reason why OMG's value jumped to over a billion dollars at a certain point, besides money skel hype is the promise of future token staking returns, whereby a large fraction of transaction costs will be directed to token holders who staker their tokens and provide some kind of service to the network (i.e. validating transactions). The Palm Beach Report provided a very interesting breakdown of the staking returns, and the speculative calculations proved that token staking returns could be incredibly lucrative in the future, and this speculative income is what has driven the token value so very high. This very same principle applies to Request, which, given its paltry $30 million or so market cap makes it probably the juiciest available moon mission in the entire market for those not inclined to gamble on the latest pumps and dumps.

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2017/10/22/ask-not-for-whom-the-deadpool-tolls/
pando.com/2013/03/26/y-combinator-demo-day-2013-stil....
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15527460
bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-08-01/how-two-brothers-turned-seven-lines-of-code-into-a-9-2-billion-startup
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/asch/
ycombinator.com/companies/?batch=w2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Part 2:

So let’s try estimating the potential income from staking tokens. Essentially if Request captures just 1% of Paypal's current transaction volume (paypal currently has an annual transaction volume of $400 billion), then 100k tokens (around $6k at ICO price) will net token stakers approximately $3.4k per year.

The reasoning is as follows:
One percent of Paypal’s current annual volume amounts to $4 billion in annual transaction volume. At a 0.5% transaction cost (the transaction cost that Request will initially start with) this becomes would mean they receive $20 million in transaction fees.
Then assuming a circulating supply of 650,000,000 tokens (a good amount is locked up in the team rewards, as well as a development fund), this equates to an income of 3.08 cents per token.

Then if we assume that like OMG, half of fees to go token stakers, this becomes 1.54 cents per token, and then finally if we assume that 50% of the circulating supply is being staked we end at an income of 3.08 cents per token.

Thus with only 1% of Paypal’s current volume, owning 100k REQ (around $5000 at current prices) already yields an annual income of $3.08k per year.

Also consider that Paypal is currently valued around $80 billion- so again 1% of that would put Request's value at around $800 million. This doesn't even account for the fact that the staking returns will also have to be priced into the total market cap.

So what I'm saying is that capturing even 1% of Paypal's transaction volume easily puts the Request market cap above a billion dollars.

This is actually pretty interesting. Thanks OP, good effort.

Part 3:

So now you do the math anons- all of the calculations above were just with 1% of Paypal's current market cap.

Now consider the fact that the entire payments industry is a rapidly growing sector- Paypal's annual transaction volume increased by nearly 50% from just 2015 to 2017.

If, by a couple years from now, Request reaches a transaction volume of 10% of Paypal's volume in 2017, then all of a sudden the annual staking rewards for 100k tokens under the same assumptions as before equate to $30.8k per year.

Most haven't spent much time thinking about the potential future returns from staking on this token, just like they didn't for OMG for some time. It is only a matter of time before people start realizing the earning potential of this token, and we will see these potential future earnings being priced into the token value.

It's only 5 cents now anons, just above a $30 million dollar market cap. Y Combinator will do everything in their power to get Request set up with everything that they need to succeed, just like they already with Stripe, the multi billion dollar payment processor that they have already launched.

There is still time to get in on this shit at the very ground floor, but eventually people will find out. Don't say you weren't told in advance about this one though.

will hodl those 33k i have - maybe stock up to 100k when that btc s2x shit is over.

thanks user

>Y Combinator will do everything in their power to get Request set up with everything that they need to succeed

techcrunch.com/2017/10/22/ask-not-for-whom-the-deadpool-tolls/

We’re already seeing this. Consider Y Combinator, by all accounts the gold standard of startup accelerators, famously harder to get into than Harvard. Then consider its alumni. Five years ago, in 2012, its three poster children were clearly poised to dominate their markets and become huge companies: Airbnb, Dropbox, and Stripe. And so it came to pass.

Fast forward to today, and Y Combinator’s three poster children are… unchanged. In the last six years YC have funded more than twice as many startups as they did in their first six — but I challenge you to name any of their post-2011 alumni as well-positioned today as their Big Three were in 2012.

Yea i fell for the yc meme too and am stuck with these req bags. Feels bad man

BUY MUH BAGS FAGS

Hey REQqies. Can I get a page from the YC website talking about Request Network? Good luck

While you're at it find me something from the SWIFT website about ChainLink

neat analysis

There was a Hacker News thread on this today:

>This reminds me of when Pando went to Demo Day and saw no interesting companies and a bunch of knock offs pando.com/2013/03/26/y-combinator-demo-day-2013-stil.... They completely missed Zenefits, Teespring, and a few others.

>I’m not convinced that the dominant YC companies looked obviously dominant at their early stages; they only seem dominant in retrospect.

>As for why the giant companies at YC are still the dominant winners, it’s because the winners just keep growing. We don’t have a sense of scale; when Airbnb was a $500m company it was YC’s poster child. Now Airbnb is worth many billion dollars, and of course it still is the poster child, while companies like LendUp are valued at $500m but are not even talked about.

>It’s not that because YC and startups are less successful, it’s that some are so incredibly successful you stop paying attention to the successful ones.

>If the measure is valuations coming out of YC, Airbnb raised at a $3m valuation. A lot of YC companies raised $3m at a $14m+ valuation, but that’s more an indication of the market than of the likelihood of success of those companies.

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15527460

Coinbase... Ever heard of them? They are doing OK I think.

Crypto beak said buy req

get in the telegram if you want to be rich!
t.me/RequestNetworkREQ

Stripe was one of those top 3 poster childen- not a very good point to make bucko.

If anything that's proof that Y Combo has already launched a multibillion dollar payment processor- Stripe had $20 billlion in annual transaction volume and a $5 billion valuation as of 2016.

So they already have experience growing payment startups into multibillion dollar giants. Tell me again how this is bad for Request?

So you are saying that YC have both Stripe and Coinbase?

Interesting...

Got 580k tokens right now.

5,8 * 30,8 = 178.640 per year, this is the excast reason why it will never happen. Do you understand that? nearly 200k a year.

exactly*

Enjoy your bags. That's what is likely to happen. There's always a puncher's chance that this will take off, but as with most garbage ICOs, it's an overhyped project.

Their team allocated 20% pre-sale discounts to 'investors who are interested in the long term prospects', meanwhile what actually happened = they just sold to anyone who offered a large enough sum of money, which is why you got dumped on and RQN is now at pre-ICO price.

YC backed the company they were working on previously, not Request Network itself.

Partnerships and conferences mean very little when there's no working product.

Essentially, if you want to wait 6-12 months bag-holding for some kind of chance of a breakout, while you could be using your investments in better immediate opportunities, go ahead and do so.

I have to say, OP has written a very elaborate pipe fantasy for himself in order to justify the bags he likely bought at ICO price.

580,000 tokens * $0.0308 = $17,864

According to this article, Stripe's annual transaction volume is currently around $50 billion. bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-08-01/how-two-brothers-turned-seven-lines-of-code-into-a-9-2-billion-startup

It took around 5 years to get there, and just a year before it was less than half that.

It could take some years for Request to get to that point (and that is of course an uncertainty), and for you to start seeing those kinds of earnings on your tokens.

On the other hand, my point is also that these future potential token earnings will also start being priced into the token value. So we can expect a rather big increase in token value in the short-mid term based on these same speculations, even if it takes a while for the actual staking incomes to ramp up (and staking will likely only be available in mid 2018 or later).

OP btfo

dont believe these shithead! they are trying to pump this shitcoin since a few days ... you will loose 50% shortterm if you buy right now ... dont believe this fucking idiots!

Wtf? Twitch, Coinbase, Plebbit. Plenty more too, just read a fucking book and educate yourself

I'm just being honest. I'm sick of retards here projecting their awful financial decisions based entirely on speculation and chance. Why can't this board have useful discussions more than 1/100 of the time?

You have read nothing in this thread right?

Keep blaming the pre-salers, meanwhile it has nothing to do with them. You could check the TNX, it's all on the blockchain. Multiple people KYCed several accounts and tried to flip as soon as possible. But it's impossible to flip in this BTC bull run right now, so they decided to sell at a minor loss and go ahead to the next fail mission. People don't understand the market right now, but blame the - OMG 20% discount - AST gave more discount at people blamed the same shit there - it's only the market situation right now and we will see where things are going mid term.

Thanks for your try at least, good thread and good attitude, keep it up. 10 Karma points for you.

my mistake, you're right, 10% increase

>We will see where things are going mid term.
>We will see

So you admit that this is a mid-term gamble.

Yep.. Pretty much all you need to do to syphon stupid money nowdays is
>Open meme site with a meme whitepaper
>Sprinkle buzzwords across site
>Photo bomb some big crypto persona and and name drop on your site
>Deliver "updates" on your "product" "progress"
>Take your shitcoin to a meme conference
>Profit

What else should it be? Could have been a short term flip if you have no brain (because you see the current market situation) or a mid / long term hold.
You can keep chasing shitcoins or find a project you are comfy with.

Firstly, it shouldn't be a gamble where people only point out half-truths and uselessly speculate what-ifs, and secondly, it clearly wasn't going to be a short term flip - did you not see what happened to other ICOs as of late/ I called that it would go under ICO price. The fact that you thought it could be a short term flip alone shows how flawed your judgement is relating to the 'current market', which you mentioned earlier.

Meanwhile I'm up 200% from XAS in the last couple of days, and have cashed out my initial investment. So yeah, you can keep projecting your shitcoin which you'll be bagholding for months, while I make profits in the very short term.

By the time you even possibly get the chance to 2x on request, you could have had much more from other coins in the process.

>muh sibos
>oh no

Same thing will happen with the 'conference' / 'meeting' with ING in a couple of weeks.

>unironically complains about people making decisions based on speculation and chance while on a crypto discussion board

So you are bragging with your short term gains, while this is a clear long term hold?
It is a different approach for investing.

>implying it's not possible to do other short term trades while buying REQ at the lowest price it will ever be

I'd never heard about XAS, I just want to invest money and forget about it. Congrats on successfully profiting from pump and dump schemes, but that's too much like gambling for me.

>tfw only have 1k REQ

Will I make it?

50 usd?
lol

The idea was to sell other coins and then pool the earnings into REQ but the fucking fork is killing alt prices AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yea and he's been wrong about just about everything. He's a dumb british faggot

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/asch/

wtf should this shit be?

But good job, you picked 1 coin out of 1000 and took profit.

i'm fkn loading up on REQ these days. so fkn cheapppp

Basically this, he fucking shilled TNT at the absolute top before it dumped -75%

A guy from this board gave me 150 bucks just to validate 2 accounts of Network Request during the ico. I believe he knew that he would make a lot of money out of it.
I wish him luck, such a nice guy. (I put all my money on Eidoo so i can't get in it)

Not true, YC are backing Request Network and you can see it on the YC list of companies. Stop talking shit.

t. ICO buyer

Posting the link

ycombinator.com/companies/?batch=w2017

Just read the whitepaper and do as much research as you can.

Never listen to pajeets on a board like this.