Can you be flexible and agile being this big? How does being this big affect your cardio...

Can you be flexible and agile being this big? How does being this big affect your cardio? (since you're lugging all that weight in muscles around...but at the same time you're fuarking strong).

Does movement speed (like, a punch or a kick, or movement response) depend on size? Stronger muscles mean faster muscles? Bigger muscles (due to strength training, denser fibers, not larger individual cells). What are the strenghts and weaknesses of being built like this?

Sorry for reusing this pic, It's the one that sparked my questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O14yjsulv7w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Clarence Kennedy: "That's cute"

Look up jujimufu

I'm not saying OP is the strongest ever. I just want to know how does muscle size affect stamina, agility, flexibility, contraction speed, movement reaction etc.

What am I looking at?

Look up Dmitry Klokov

Assuming you're not going for a massive muscle physique you'll be pretty balanced in terms of speed and strength, assuming you stretch and do proper cardio.

I'm assuming you're asking about this for fighting, so let's say power = speed x strength, right? If you're built nicely and not like a literal bear, you should pack a lot of power in moves, since you have both the speed and strength to do so. This isn't to say that bear mode doesn't have a lot of power, but you will probably be most efficient in your power otherwise. The only real downside is the bigger you are, the easier you are to hit. But this is probably only a real issue if you're bear mode, since it's harder for you to keep up consistent power and move faster since we can assume they don't do cardio, hence why they got to that state.

So in conclusion, bear mode and built fat is good for wrestling, built/athletic mode for contact fighting such as MMA.

Even as big as OP? He's rather cut, but he must weight a ton. When do muscles get too big that they lose speed even with all their strength?

When I was bigger I was very powerful and strong but slower. I cut down 20 lbs because of it. I got into one fight at that size and though I won I couldnt connect a single punch all I could manage do to was eat a few shots grab a hold of him slam him to the ground and start unleashing.

I'd much rather be more agile and explosive and thats hard to do at a higher weight because you have to train for it and at that size high intensity cardio is your enemy.

Your ability to preform in combat situations really depends on your background and experience/personality. If you go in a berserking bear who doesn't stretch or do cardio and has never fought in his life and doesn't know any official martial arts techniques, you will lose to a lanky guy who knows a good martial art form such as jeet kune do or Krav Maga, can keep his cool, and is very observant.

Weight and strength are just one of many factors of how you will perform in a fight. Certainly it will give you a major advantage, IF you know how to actually fight.

I'd say your weight will only seriously matter if you're 300+ pounds and don't run or stretch. Cardio and stretching probably affects your speed more than weight does, although weight does play a factor past a certain point, which like I said is probably 300.

there is some fitness faggot who is quite big and is always posing with heavy weights while doing splits.
Sprinters are quite big too so I guess you can be agile.

Yeah, cardio/stretching and weight go hand in hand really. If you weigh a lot more you're more likely to not do as much cardio because it's more difficult, forgot to mention that. Training to be agile will definitely be more difficult if you build yourself heavier.

So in a fight Bruce Lee > Arnold?

Interesting. But certainly 300 pound can look different. You mean 300 pound of 15% BF at most pure muscle right?

>So in a fight Bruce lee > Arnold?
Yep, it really depends on experience more than anything. Like I said, strength and speed will only help you so much if you don't know how to fight.

>You mean 300 pounds of 15% or lower bodyfat
Yeah just about 300 pounds at 15% bodyfat seems like a good cutoff.

So if I want to be all around good stamina/strenght/agile OP is what I should aim for?

Ahhh klokov is flexible retard

As long as you do cardio and stretch, go for it.

>who is jujimufu

I wanna smooch his tummy :3

youtube.com/watch?v=O14yjsulv7w

absolutely watch his kicks towards the end of the sparring as well as his stretching in the begining

What that guy was saying, was that Clarence is pretty fucking big and strong, but he's also agile as fuck. Look up his youtube, he has a bunch of videos of him doing backflips and shit.

It's complicated

But the guy in your pic, while huge and aesthetic, is clearly on a cut. You don't get that big without eating a fuck huge amount.
His non-cut/bulk body has a gut.
He has to in order to be that big.

So for cardio, no, he can't run a 5K as fast as a starved Ethiopian
Nor can he climb like a lankelet.

But can he punch fast and have burst speed?
Yes, of course

>denser fibers
Is it possible to gain strength without gaining muscle?

Sure, look at joggers.
Skinnyfucks, but their legs and lungs work forever

~10:45.... lmao at juju throwing him to stop arm bar. Fucking hilarious
~11:45 breaking the neck triangle thing....

Cheers user, never saw this vid before.