First day of college football workouts

>first day of college football workouts
>squats 10x8 then 6x4
What the fuck? I normally do 5x5, why so many sets?

why don't you ask the people who are telling you to do it you fucking moron. Is that what your first thought was in your pathetic life? WHAT WOULD FIT THINK ABOUT THIS GUYS

Conditioning and hypertrophy.

5x5 is for barely athletic teenagers who haven't lifted before.

The assumption, I presume, is that anyone looking to play college ball is strong enough to need more volume and conditioned enough to tolerate it.

Or the strength coach is an idiot. That's always possible.

>ask fitness related question on fitness board
>hurr are you retarded

logical strength training is hard to come by since there's a lot of confirmation bias at elite levels

when you get the strongest dudes to work with by default, anything you do will get results. scientific studies are pretty much always poorly designed so reading journals for new advice ends up being a waste of time

this is the kind of shit rippetoe bitches about constantly. poliquin does too if youre inclined to be a faggot and say 'rippetoe hasnt produced any athletes'

d1?

I thought most of the elite level programs were highly logical, yet not necessarily scientific.

Illogical would be crossfit and the sort

you're a turbo autist if you would rather ask strangers online instead of someone fac to face

>first day of college football workouts
>walk into the gym and everyone sucking each other off
>wtf
>ask the coach what the fuck this is
>he tells me to spread my asscheeks or walk out the door and my resignation from the football team will arrive by mail
>cry and pull my pants down
What the fuck?

so then what happened.

I need to cum

>coach starts laughing
>everyone just looks at me and starts laughing
>the "guys" who were sucking the guys off take off their skin caps, they were girls
>fuck
>they call me a fucking faggot
>everyone is taking pictures of my spread asscheeks
>suddenly a muslim student walks into the gym bearing an AK-47 and says "haram"
>he starts shooting people and I run away
and that's why I converted to islam

That's brutal but at least you're squatting could be worse

Also hope you're on gear because that's who that program is designed for

Because the basic strength training that you're doing is for teenage highschools athletes who're desperately hoping to at least ride the bench.

What they are in fact doing is strength endurance training. Something that is in all ways far more important for an athlete.

That is for high level athletes hell it's for high level highschool athletes too.

If you can't cut it with a workout that's to be honest, fairly goddamned basic then you might as well stop.

As a matter of fact, how in the fuck did you ever make it onto a college team if you think THAT is a hard workout?

>As a matter of fact, how in the fuck did you ever make it onto a college team if you think THAT is a hard workout?
My uncle's the dean.

Send me a pdf of your football workouts bro.

If you're playing college football then you should be using steroids. That's why there's that much volume.

Not him but I do a similar volume of squats without sterons. Am I just being detrimental?

nah you're just high test as fuark bro

Fifteen sets isn't an excessive amount of volume, unless they're planning on squatting several times a week that way.

No, when you take weight into consideration, that's fairly normal for an athletic/fit person.

yeah my rugby coach convinced the whole team to do 6x10 sets for all exercises. very confusing.

I've just been doing stronglifts then hitting certain muscle groups like back and legs that get used a lot in the ruggers with really light AMRAP for muscular endurance

good luck ameribro, as I understand college gridiron is the top tier in america, so very good job getting there

You're not even taking into consideration the number of reps per set.

That is a tremendous amount of volume

104 reps total. It's high, but its not absurdly high unless there's a lot of sessions per week or they're doing a ton of assistance that hasn't been mentioned.

Since its college football they are most certainly doing a shit ton of assistance work in the form of their field practices.

Also, is this many reps really appropriate for every position? Do wide receivers really need this? I think not

That's not too much volume for college football. Those players are not beginners (atleast shouldn't). Their capacity to handle volume is beyond this world.