Why do people use the SS the best example of WWII German infantry superiority when Fallschirmägers existed?

Why do people use the SS the best example of WWII German infantry superiority when Fallschirmägers existed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_The_Hague
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because of the Alienchannel.
The SS were a bunch of primadonnas who just happened to get the good equip ahead of the real fighting troops. That's all there is.

Because they are historically illiterate German equivalent of weebs.

There were far more Waffen SS troops than there were Fallschirmjagers

That's not the point, I'm saying the fallschirmjagers were better but people still point to the SS

>Be fallschirmjager
>Be most elite troop of Germany
>Get utterly destroyed by a bunch of poorly organised and inexperienced Dutch soldiers
>Get beaten so bad that the planned invasion of Britain gets suspended
>Only get to invade Crete, but only because it's the only option

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_The_Hague

>be outnumbered almost 4:1
>lose

Really activated my almonds

And like he said, there were far more SS troops, being significant in far more battles etc., hence why they're more famous, which ultimately was OP's question.

People seem to equate some very well equipped panzer divisions to the entire organization. Even though some were okay, others were bad and others were literally undesirables put together to kill civilians

Also I guess some people like to visualize themselves as part of the elite guard soldier. With all the glory and guts that goes along with it. Especially since the SS had alot of foreigners in it, its easier to imagine one in such a group. Most germans would be horrified to hear you wanting to be part of the SS.

>101st meme
>Not 82nd

not even old captain mustache gave those boys their due

>Attack with 1100 airplanes, including Messerschmidts BF-110's and 109's and 3000 of the best soldiers of the Reich
>Defend with 8 Fokker D21 fighters and 11 Douglas-Northrop 8A-3N bombers, some private owed anti air guns, 6 armored cars and 11.000 (not all present) weakly prepared and under trained Dutch soldiers
> Fallschirmjagers carry heavy machine guns and machine pistols
>Dutch carry old rifles, two (2) artillery guns from the late 1800's and some vickers
>Have element of surprise
>Have total air controll
>Still get beaten

Really rustles the old jimmies.

Did you miss the part where I said outnumbered almost 4:1, probably more on the smaller scale because paratroopers don't jump to the same place at the same time

also the material superiority of the reich is a myth built by the allies to explain their devastating defeat in france in fact the troops of the reich were undermotorized and often lacked equipment etc. ffuel was always loew and such,
the nazis actualy pointed always portraiyed both sides as mechanized forces and then some exceptional individuals as heros of the aryan race as it was basicly the commitment of some extraordinary individuals that won victories for germany besides the horrible supplie situation
i base this on the book " the new german order" about the economics of the 3rd reich

No, but did you read the parts where I said that the Dutch were outgunned and outplaned? But let's not fight over stats.
I recently read a little book called the Battle for Ypenburg, one of the airports the Germans tried to take at The Hague, and I thought it was quite allright how this was the only battle the Dutch won in WW2. I do recommend you to do a little research, cause it's interesting to see how badly prepared the Dutch were. For example not untill 1 night before the battle, civilians were still alowed to get inside the airports, including many spies. Some were caught, probably some not. Dutch soldiers looted detailed maps of the surroundings from dead Germans, for the Dutch did not have any maps at all. At some point a couple of firetrucks rode onto a battlefield, cause somebody called them and did not realize the war had begun. It was a giant mess. Some German pockets never got beated and managed to hold their positions till may 15th, when the Dutch surrendered, but the whole story just reads like an comedy and it was a miracle the Germans did not take the city and capture the queen, even being outnumbered 4:1.

Friendly reminder, that Fallschirmjäger is both singular and plural. Please stop adding an -s

So you read one book about one battle and you came into the thread about why the FS are better than the SS and instead cite your one book about one battle and claim the FS were a failure as a whole? Do I have that right?

SS units appeal to wheraboos becausethe SS were ideologically brainwashed agents of the regime whereas Fallschirmjaegers were just elite soldiers

>At some point a couple of firetrucks rode onto a battlefield, cause somebody called them and did not realize the war had begun.
fucking lol

trash

its JÄGER not jägers
Jäger is plural and singular in one.

>Be fallschirmjager
>Be most elite troop of Germany
>Land on Crete
>Get stabbed to death by angry villagers with knifes
>get shot by priest that stole a rifle from museum

German paratroopers were a bunch of a faggots.

Crete was a huge fluke

the sinister aura of the SS make them alluring. at least for me

and you know what, they still kicked their asses and that of the brits

Is this a joke? Fallschirmers had the biggest casualty rate after U-boat crews. Crete massacred them so bad they wouldn't dare perform another airborne assault until the end of war.

gitler didn't think paras were important, so he sent these crack troops into the meat grinder of the eastern front as line infantry

what do you expect?

>Crete
>eastern front

Because German Paratroopers weren't members of the Nazi party in the same way the SS was.

For both Nazi and allied propaganda hyping up the SS was good. As for the Nazis it said that the elite brand of their party were the best soldiers, while for the allies it became more about killing Nazis than killing Germans.

I hate you, you stupid bastard, step on a nail.

The Luftwaffe was the most politicized and most Nazi branch. Might as well have been straight up Nazi.