Was he the most powerful monarch of all time?

Was he the most powerful monarch of all time?

Jesus Christ

I can think of several who were more powerful

>Any Brittish monarch starting from 19th century
>Any Russian Tsar starting from the 18th century
>Any Chinese emperor of a united China

The list goes on

>Having any power

What are the taxes like in heaven? Is everyone there just a serf?

>not a puppet

Are you American by any chance?

>The list goes on
>trying to sound smart but can't come up with anything else

No the Sun King of France was more powerful.

Nah, Roman and Chinese emperors often had more power.

Kim is the first monarch to have nukes, so you tell me.

No he wasn't. 1715 was a defeat, not a victory

Louis XIV is probably the only one that manages to surpass him but yeah, he's above and beyond most monarchs.

That he can't use

>North Korea a monarchy
Is this American "education"?

His son was more powerful than him so no he wasn't

Queen Victoria. Inb4 "had no real power", only sheeple believe this comforting myth

The Brittish empire had 0 real hard power.Charles or Phillip could invade actual european states without repercussion.Phillip refuse to take France but he could have done it after San Quentin
The ones that got trashed by Japan,Prussia,Germany and France continuosly
>>Any Chinese emperor of a united China
Kek.Chinks were always irrelevant

>Louis XIV is probably the only one that manages to surpass him but yeah, he's above and beyond most monarchs.
His son Phillip was more powerful than both proportionally.He controlled the most powerful armies and navies on the planet and continously fought wars in over 5 fronts.Louis had little power outside a 50 km radious outside France's borders

>Queen Victoria
Britain had no real power like ever.They couldn't even beat Russia on their own and needed France to bail them out of Crimea

>what is the seven years war
>what are the napoleonic wars
>what is the crimean war
>what are the opium wars
>what are literally every war in india
>what is the british empire
>they only dominated the world because they were allowed to

>Philip refuse to take France but he could have done it after San Quentin
Maybe he couldnt because he was busy bankrupting. You'll recognize this is a recurring event in Philip's reign: every time he has an advantage in a war he no longer has the money to pay his army and has to retreat. Powerful my ass.

>>what is the seven years war
Prussia getting lucky while Britain hide behind the sea
>>what are the napoleonic wars
Napoleon fighting a 4 front war and Britain hiding behind the sea
>>what is the crimean war
France beating Russia while Britain got fucked
>>what are the opium wars
Britain bullying a country with wooden ships and needing an international coallition to invade China
>>what are literally every war in india
Irrelevant
>>what is the british empire
Niggers+aboos+pajeets
>>they only dominated the world because they were allowed to
Germany alone surprassed the GDP of the British empire by 1913.The British empire was useless
All countries in Europe declared bankruptcies at the time,specially France. It was mostly restructuring the debt of the country and didn't interrupt the flow of wars.Phillip was more powerful than any monarch ever and pretty much any historian would agree with that claim

>>what is the seven years war
A coalition.
>>what are the napoleonic wars
Coalitions.
>>what is the crimean war
A coalition.
>>what are the opium wars
Shooting some people with a military tht was centuries behind.
>>what are literally every war in india
The above but to a larger degree.
>>what is the british empire
A meme empire that crumbled after a few decades.

>dynastic succession
>power centered on one individual
>taken to be divinely inspired
He is pretty much an absolute monarch.

Why do continentals get so mad? If it's so easy to have the largest empire everyone should've done it

>Having any power

...or any century for that matter.

>a coalition
There are few great wars that didn't involve coalitions.
>you picked on people who weren't as advanced
That's their fault not Britain's.
>meme empire
You mean the empire on which the sun never sets? The empire from which was birthed the greatest technological revolution in history? The empire which dominated the global economy and trade for over a century? The empire that caused a huge cultural explosion the influences our lives today? The empire that had a navy so mighty that at one point it was larger than all the world's navies combined? The empire which ruled 1/4 of the Earth and it's population? The empire that globalised trade and set up the English language as the lingua franca of the world? Stop nitpicking

It's always amusing how quickly the bongs rise to the bait, always with the whole "We Wuz Empire Kangs and Sheeit" rap.

>All countries in Europe declared bankruptcies
From phillip 2 to 4 spain only declined and the lack of money is one of the reason for it
power come with money so if your always pressured by money you're not as powerful as you can be

Rule the waves

>There are few great wars that didn't involve coalitions
Such as?
>That's their fault not Britain's
I never said it was anyone's fault, I said that it's not something to be proud of. It's like beating the wheelchair kid in a fight.
>You mean the empire on which the sun never sets?
Except the sun set on it a long time ago.
>The empire that caused a huge cultural explosion the influences our lives today?
>britain
>culture
>The empire which ruled 1/4 of the Earth
Most of that was inhabitable wasteland like Canada and Australia.
>and it's population
Of poos and negroes that threw you out in less than a century.
>set up the English language as the lingua franca of the world
That was the United States.
>Stop nitpicking
Ironic.

laughed

>it's hereditary therefore it's a monarchy
This truly is American "education"

Well, given their historically miserable performance in combat (capped off by their ceremonial execution by gunfire in the Indian Ocean 1942), I'd say the bongs rule BENEATH the waves.

>t. Ex colonial
Also ignoring the best points

>no argument
>misusing greentext

my ancestor :)

>From phillip 2 to 4 spain only declined
Phillip the III arguably was more powerful than his father in terms of sheer resources,revenue and military might.The first half of the XVII century was one of decline due plagues,overpopulation and famines,not just a period of Spanish decline

ourguy

First of all much of your argument rests on blatant racism which doesn't make sense since you could easily apply this to all empires. Also just because large chunks were unihabitable doesn't mean there were no resources, besides most empires have "uninhabitable land". That wasn't the united states, it was the British empire obviously, where do you even get that idea? And how am i nitpicking, I'm literally giving general points. Also you chose to ignore the whole industrial revolution part. No need to show your jealousy about being ruled by England, Patrick

no but he was the most comfy monarch

Also guarantee people will say the same thing about US dominance in the world in the future. While America obviously dominates the world currently, future Veeky Forumsfags will claim "b-but russia had moar nukes and china and debt n shiet. Haha lost to asian farmers". Non-countries always hate on hegemons

The Hapsburg Dominance is a testament to the strength of Spanish arms and blood.

Sure england had a great empire at some point, just shut up about it already, i have to read about your failed empire in every unrelated goddamn thread.

How many insecure englishmen are there on this board? I'm pretty sure it is always the same people cause they post it with the same images all the time.

If you're (un)lucky enough you get to read their shitty genetics explanations

I'll shut up when you stop denying it's greatness (or former greatness). As you have I bid you good day, my work is done

Honestly thought the British empire was pretty cool before i came here, now i have strong distaste for everything surrounding it.

>hegemons
Hegemon implies control over states, not flagplanting on wasteland inhabited by scattered tribalists and bone-in-the-nose witch doctors, which is something only a meme empire values (until they are run off at first sight of a bit of cold steel).

>implying the moon isn't rightful American clay

Domestic power or military power?

>Domestic power or military power?
yes

Here's a pic of territory ruled by Charles V.
Now try telling me he wasn't the absolute number 1

Was he an absolute monarch?

DURRRRRRRRRRRR

Caroli Est Imperare Orbi Universo

Soon...

It was feudal like China

Can you stop meming and tell us why north Korea can't be considered a monarchy?

Because it's simply not. It's a totalitarian dictatorship. It's rulers don't claim any royal title, in fact the opposite. Why do you think it is?

Just look at these two ultra chads

He had a pretty impressive domain. His successors had even more though via the Iberian Union with Portugal