Ways to save money

Hello Veeky Forumsraelis. Lets talk about the various ways in which you can save money IRL:

Food:
- Use multivitamins
- Avoid eating out
- Buy oats, eggs, milk, rice in bulk

Gaming:
- Will you play the game immediately if you bought it? If yes, then buy, else wait for a sale.
- Use isthereanydeal to watch out for bundles and sales and subscribe to /r/GameDeals
- Buy used games/consoles from e-bay

Random
- Keep aside some money as cash to avoid the extra fees when using vending machines with a credit card.
- Use a card for everything else, because anything less than a quarter probably never gets used again and is essentially "lost" money.

College:
- Use gen.lib.rus.ec to find textbooks. Fuck paying $300+ for textbooks.

List your other tips here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RLA2hTuXLig
youtu.be/5edexw8lws4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pirates textbooks
>buys bideo gaems

Frugal thread now.

>spend longer hours at work insist that you get dinner at work too
>shower at work - save money & power
>use toiletpapet at work and steal some to take home
>make lots of friends always eat at their homes, never invite them for dinner

Video game devs and companies deserved to be paid. The college jews do not.

>dine n dash
>shoplift small things from Walmart

>make lots of friends always eat at their homes, never invite them for dinner

I do this because people are nice and I'm a poorfag

I will get these people back one day

>comes up with arbitrary and sentimental differences out of nowhere
good goy

invite girls outside of your work/social circles out on dates. leave before the bill arrives.
Ive done it twice now, no repercussions.

is it because they're too embarrassed to tell anyone?
that's pretty evil user.

What the fuck guys, keep it moral and ethical please.

never pay for media entertainment. pirate all movies/video games. don't go to movie theater, try not to be caught up in popculture worrying about discussing the newest game/movie, just do your own thing at your own pace.

never eat out at restaurants, except on very rare occasion (definitely not weekly, maybe monthly or 2-6x per year)

don't fall for the stereotypical chivalrous relationships where the man is expected to treat the lady. tell your girlfriend to buy her own shit, seriously you can end up paying $5-10k/year on a woman in needless spending and that's on the cheap side.

don't buy expensive snacks or luxury items at the grocery store, learn to be content with a fairly basic eating style, meat 'n potatoes sort of thing. many snacks are exorbitantly expensive for what you get out of them.

get on the cheapest cellphone provider you can, especially if you don't use your phone too much.

if you currently live alone, consider a roommate if you can tolerate one, cuts the rent/utilities/internet in half, huge savings.

try not to be caught up in social expectations regarding things like fashion. buying expensive clothes is kind of stupid unless you're really involved with that sort of social scene. if you're just some NEET/nerd type but have this obsession about dressing well, you're essentially wasting money.

don't go into debt on credit cards and then make minimum payments, interest rates are essentially just burning money. personally i have an emergency CC that i haven't used in about 5 years.

don't waste money on tech gadgets. be happy with a 6 year old cellphone, don't buy handheld gaming systems (or any gaming systems), don't buy fancy watches, in fact don't buy anything you don't need to survive.

Live as far below your means as possible, I'm talking 50% if you can. Save your money. You want like 1-3 years of living expenses in savings, enough that if you get fired from your job you'll suffer zero stress.

Question Veeky Forums

As someone who has never lived alone, but very much wants to, is it worth paying the extra bit of rent?

I can either move into a room with strangers with which I'll be too autistic to talk to and just hide in my room all day, or pay around 200-250/month more and get a small 1bedroom apt downtown.

Wat do?

if you really enjoy personal space and don't like people very much, living alone is great, but if you're kind of a shut-in and nerd who spends most of your time on your PC anyway, you'll probably not really utilize your full apartment.

Personally I was renting alone for quite awhile
$800/month rent
$80/month internet
$50/month electricity
=$930/month

Then I brought in a roommate and negotiated a 50/50 split, so each pay exactly half of the aforementioned. I went from the $930 to $465, significant enough that I'm willing to live with another person. Fortunately the roommate I found is himself a shut-in type so he stays in his room 95% of the time, barely even uses the kitchen/living room, so I have run of the place more or less anyway and barely hear from or speak to him.

It definetly worth that. Do it. Your mental health is the most precious thing.

Best thing I ever did, do it, worth the extra cost. No drama, no awkward feelings, etc. It's fucking fantastic.

you can save money without being full-blown dirtpoor you know

of course you can, i don't feel dirt poor at all, i pirate all the entertainment media I want, I eat well (chicken, steak, vegetables) and drink primarily water/coffee. I dress in decent looking clothes (clean/no frays or holes) but that's very cheap no-name brand. I don't bother with gadgets I don't need, my cellphones like a Samsung Note 4 I believe. I don't wear jewelry/watches (use phone to tell time). I don't drink much alcohol anymore and usually turn down social eating/gatherings. Don't mind attending house parties though or having people over to mine.

I live pretty comfy, don't feel poor at all, just live fairly disciplined, never hungry, my health is very good and mood almost always very happy.

They're not getting payed when you buy used games tho.

>Food:
dont bother with multivitamins
>- Avoid eating out
but the ladies
>- Buy oats, eggs, milk, rice in bulk
why the fuck are you eating bulk eggs and drinking bulk milk LOL
>Gaming:
grow the fuck up
problem solved

>Random
>- Keep aside some money as cash to avoid the extra fees when using vending machines with a credit card.
stop paying banks to manage your money

shit while showering and stomp down the drain

Rent is wasted money. Buy a car big enough enough to sleep in.
Shower in the gym.

youtu.be/RLA2hTuXLig

Realistically I have thought about making a "tiny home" in an old RV or something. I've seen some amazing ones rigged up with solar panels and battery banks that can fully power computer equipment, cooking/kitchen equipment, even air conditioners/heaters and with the right design and proper insulation/ventilation can be used in any kind of weather, hot, cold, rain, sun, or snow.

youtu.be/5edexw8lws4

>earn $1650 Aud per fortnight
>It all goes directly into savings
>Automatically withdraw $750 into spendings every fortnight
>This covers every single living expense I have each fortnight

Manage to save just under a grand each paycheck, which isn't bad seeing as over half of my paycheck is saved.

As for saving money on what I *spend*, I guess it's just common sense by living within my means (and I decide my means, which is $375 per week).

I only buy the food that I need, and only buy on special. Cheapest milk, cereal, eggs, vegetables, fruit and bread. No bullshit snacks like chips or chocolate or ice cream. Meat on special which I cook and prepare as a meal and store in containers for the week.

Buy my work / business clothes online for cheap, turn off my master power switch when leaving for work, use as little water as possible.

I have passive income through dropshipping each week which goes immediately into my savings, and I generally use this money to pay my bills every month. This week I spent $5 on an instagram promotion and made $144 on it. I'll continue doing this every week.

For this year, I allocated $5k to go into crypto. When it 2x's I'll realise my profit and withdraw straight into my savings.

I use public transport and don't have a car, never eat breakfast and almost never eat lunches at work (I take a walk for an hour instead).

For my jewness I allow myself a $45 spend on whiskey and a bottle of coke every week which is a good reward on the weekends.

ur gonna make it user, this is the best blue collar/average guy approach a man can take.

the side hustle is good too, everyone should be dropshipping or flipping on the side even if its just to profit a few dollars each month, learn some skill, earn a bit of profits at the same time

i'd like to move to public transport as well but the area i live doesn't have the best infrastructure (not a huge city) so have to own car, pay insurance/gas. would be a big savings not having to pay that.

Yeah I'm fortunate that it's a 15 minute commute from my front door to the office with public transport, unfortunate if there's no way around it for you.

Good luck man, you're gonna make it.

consider adding beans to diet. legumes are healthy and cheap and they store well too for bulk buying.

The lack of a bathroom is the only reason I don't do this.

What is your goal?