What's the reason for Europe being so much more advanced than China in architecture, art and math during the past?

What's the reason for Europe being so much more advanced than China in architecture, art and math during the past?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroaster#Philosophy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclid's_Elements
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollonius_of_Perga
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diophantus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archytas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eudoxus_of_Cnidus
telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/08/24/3700-year-old-babylonian-tablet-rewrites-history-maths-could/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>cherry-picking

Please, post a building better than the Pantheon from Han China, I'm waiting

Lol is this a joke?

This is basically a wooden hut, Celts had similar buildings, is this your competitor for the Pantheon? You've gotta be fucking kidding me

Butthurt false flagging G*rmanic detected

lol that part isn't even from the Roman era and it's not impressive

OP is a faggot

rlly makes me think

Check Comparisson like this cannot really be made. /pol/ is very good at doing this shitty "argument":
>X is superpower and monumental builders!
>Y was stone age back then!
>CHECK MATE!

Lol that crap

1)isn't from the Han era

2)is shit compared to Roman archtiecture

In reality both look like the picture on the right.

>we wuzing as Roman
>most likely descends from G*rmanic barbarians who lived in mudhuts

fuck you, stupid mutt, I'm asking a serious question here

earthquakes

East Asian monumental architecture is not as impressive as other traditions because they built out of wood.

Lol

>posting something Japanese

Are you fucking kidding me, the Western Roman empire had fallen by then, you dumb fucking buffoon.

Japanese were literally cavemen when Rome was at its peak, spare yourself the embarassment.

I can post something contemporary to that if you want though lol, pic related

wouldn't say architecture but definetively astronomy probably because of cross pollination between greek, indian, persian, arab and latin science, but mostly because of the Greeks

Civilizations develop at different times though.

Why were Babylon and Egypt so much better than Rome in architecture, art, and math in the past? They were making marvels while the entire Italian peninsula were still flinging shit at eachother

Better than Vikang architecture at least

Unfortunately with the exception of the Han Sections of the Great Wall ,walls of certain Han-period cities, and a shitton of tombs, none of Han architecture survives to this day.
Primarily because they were all made of wood due to fucking earthquakes..

Fortunately we do have an idea of what the Han Dynasty left due to autistic Emperors getting buried with model cities. The interesting bits are the "Tower Manors" of Urban Elites which built up to 6 or 7 stories upwards. Which was a far cry to latter Tang-period Urban Manors which was a complex of one story halls instead like the classic Siheyuan.

Connected to all high civilisations via trade or conquest
Unfathomable amount of resourcess
Political system that allowed and required prestige yet mon-archs so powerful they could spend like crazy on pitty projects
Greek larping
very few earthquakes

I'm sure I'm forgetting something

>Europe being so much more advanced than China in architecture, art and math

This is eurocentric as fuck

There's nothing the Europeans did that the Chinese didnt do first.

Every tech that the europeans had after the 15th century onwards was due to the discoveries of the chinese

China started exploring the world first, then the europeans started doing the same

China is the gravity center of the planet. It is created with the sole purpose of stability and durability, whereas on the other outskirts of the planet, the more people drift away from the center, everything becomes atomized and more chaotic, which is what created the european civilization in the first place.

Lol now you're posting explorations from the 15th century ad while talking about Rome, how desperate can you get?

Also as if Portugal didn't do the same around the same time but actually colonized those mother fuckers

no really I can't let this go, am i supposed to be impressed that they went to Africa in the 15th century AD? When Portugal did the same in much more difficult waters?

When Rome fucking did the same 1400 years before? When Phoenicians (Eurosemites) fucking circumnavigated Africa 2000 years before?

>>Very few earthquackes

Italy, Greece and Anatolia have far more earthquackes than China, my Ping Pong friend with a 6 cm long penis.

>There's nothing the Europeans did that the Chinese didnt do first.

The concept of mathematical proof, magnifying glasses, full sized statues, fluid mechanics, iron technology, toilets, sails, calculating earth's circumference, invented plate armor, mail armor, the scientific method and actual science in general, Greek fire, false stone vaults, true stone vaults, false arch, true arch, bricks, glasses, the telescope, the microscope, the steam engine, flying machines, the list goes on

>>Muh Phoenicians

LOL

Those sandniggers learnt everything from their WHITE sea people masters from Italy and the Balkans.

Left is from Rome you dumb fuck

>Unfathomable amount of resourcess
it's not like China didn't have them too, probably even more

While eurosavages where killing each other with sticks and bows, the chinese already had concepts such as toilets, water sewage system, cities, civilization and everything.

Oh, and the concept that europeans have to whipe their ass with paper also comes from the chinese

Europeans used to use wooden spoons to scoop out all their shit

That is the purpose of the periphery, with a high cultural entropy it assumes the role of making progress through chaotic interaction, getting it's roots from the center, and then in turn influencing the core. If China was superior to europeans a couple of centuries earlier, now europeans as a collective periphery control the system. But China will grow stronger in the near culture, because it now will put into practice the cultural civilization values of the periphery.

We get it, Western civilization dominates the rest.

>full sized statues
I'm sure the oldest ones aren't from Europe, but rather Mesopotamia.
>toilets
Indus Valley?
>sails
Mesopotamia or Egypt.

>>Muh 5 cm long Asian dick

Source?

They're from Europe, Malta, and that wasn't the point he asked me to tell him something Europeans did before the Chinese.

>Indus Valley?

No, Orkney 3200 bc

>sails Mesopotamia or Egypt

very debatable, sails were used in the Aegean pretty early on

>Oh, and the concept that europeans have to whipe their ass with paper also comes from the chinese
Thanks you retarded fucking gooks, if it wasn't for you we would be washing our asses like proper humans instead of scraping shit off with paper.

without memeing, I think this is a nice building with some pretty colors and a few interesting features, but it is in no way an architectural achievement of the same quality as the Parthenon or other buildings from the Roman and pre-Roman period.

Much better. Pretty cool tower. the tiered and terraced look is very aesthetic. It looks like it's made out of wood though. That's kinda embarrassing if they couldn't make it out of stone or concrete.

>Unfortunately with the exception of the Han Sections of the Great Wall ,walls of certain Han-period cities, and a shitton of tombs, none of Han architecture survives to this day.
>Primarily because they were all made of wood due to fucking earthquakes..
How severe and/or common are earthquakes in China? That's too bad so little survived. Are there at least drawings from the period?

I'm imagining whole cities with complex tower manors in tiered layouts and autistic and confusing bridges interconnecting everything an innavigable mess. This would make a good fantasy setting, just like in my animes.

>There's nothing the Europeans did that the Chinese didnt do first.
>15th century China
>barely reaching Africa
lmao. not impressive at all, user.
I agree China was far more impressive and advanced than certain stormfags think, such as farming techniques and developing their own version of the printing press, but those people aren't here and you're being even worse by exaggerating the achievements of the Chinese, who never capitalized or followed up on their accomplishments, so they might as well not have even happened.
>be Chinese
>invent fucking gunpowder, the most useful thing ever.
>make fireworks and a few novelty rockets to be used in warfare occassion
>gunpowder reaches Europe
>within four hundred years Europeans on floating fortresses armed to the teeth with guns arrive in China and conquer it on a whim, because the Chinese don't have anything even approaching European firearm tech.

>Connected to all high civilisations via trade or conquest
Genghis Khan wasn't Chinese, my slant-eyed friend.

>fluid mechanics
Weren't peruvians using the venturi's principle in 3000BC already?

>zWhile eurosavages where killing each other with sticks and bows, the chinese already had concepts such as toilets, water sewage system, cities, civilization and everything.

No they didn't, the Minoan civilization is older by a thousand year than the oldest Chinese ones, and even before then there were towns all over South Eastern Europe

Pretty sure math was good because of the greeks.

I don't know why the ancient greeks were so good at everything though.

Maybe by intuition but they sure as hell didn't have a formal understanding of it

>That's kinda embarrassing if they couldn't make it out of stone or concrete.

It's even more embarrassing that this is the best thing Nordcucks could build out of wood:

>formal understanding
But that's just revisionism of another guy's writing.

>>gunpowder reaches Europe
>>within four hundred years Europeans on floating fortresses armed to the teeth with guns arrive in China and conquer it on a whim, because the Chinese don't have anything even approaching European firearm tech.

yeah, shame on them for not being murderous savages that only think about how to inflict pain and suffering to other humans

this desu

Everything humanity ever achieved, was due to europeans killing each other on a historical basis

Archimedes wrote that shit down with numbers and everything, those savages didn’t even write and lucked out

Europeans killing each other is the reason why Europe is no longer relevant.

>I'm imagining whole cities with complex tower manors in tiered layouts and autistic and confusing bridges interconnecting everything an innavigable mess. This would make a good fantasy setting, just like in my animes.
Nope.

From the clay model cities, Han cities seem to be autistically tighter/smaller than the usual urban sprawl the Chinese like to do. Like for example: this was a rich mans house from the Tang period onwards: a series of richly furbished single storey houses enclosed by courtyards riddled with gardens.

But the Han built up instead of spreading out. Dunno why.

First cities were in Mesopotamia.

>reading comprehension

>didn't even write
>europeans invade and destroy everything
>lol they didn't even write!!

Most women don't care about penis size actually. Unless it's a micropenis or it's too big.

Why are eurocentrics so insecure?

And the greeks got it from Zarathustra

Which himself was a revisionist form of the vedic traditions, as well as Buddhism

The entire religious-civilizational understanding of europeans can be traced back to a single point origin, and that origin being undoubtedly the orient

Lol the fuck am I reading?

they know anglocentrism is more realistic

>And the greeks got it from Zarathustra

Just shut the fuck up already, how idiotic can you get?

Stop stealing achievements of old Europe you Germanic shit. You invented fucking nothing. The Greeks were much more connected to the East than to your barbaric ancestors.

>No they didn't, the Minoan civilization is older by a thousand year than the oldest Chinese ones

Yellow river civilization dates to 4000 BC, Minoan to 2600 BC. China is one of the cradles of civilization along with India, Egypt and Mesopotamia.

2/10, apply after class.

Chinese architecture sucked because their building material sucked. The environment in which they lived had a lack of good stone for building, so they had to use glorified sod.
The crappy art must have been just happenstance/cultural factors.
I don’t know enough about the history of mathematics to weigh in on that, but I was under the impression that China was roughly equal to or better than Europe in mathematics until the Renaissance or Enlightenment.

>crade of civilization
>didn't influence anyone relevant
>got surpassed by literally everyone

>Elements of Zoroastrian philosophy entered the West through their influence on Judaism and Middle Platonism and have been identified as one of the key early events in the development of philosophy.[72] Among the classic Greek philosophers, Heraclitus is often referred to as inspired by Zoroaster's thinking.[73]

>Zarathustra's impact lingers today due in part to the system of rational ethics he founded called Mazda-Yasna. The word Mazda-Yasna is Avestan and is translated as "Worship of Wisdom" in English

>educated the Greeks who, starting with Pythagoras, used a similar term, philosophy, or “love of wisdom” to describe the search for ultimate truth.[76]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroaster#Philosophy

Whitey invent circuit and from then on it was over for Asian to ever surpass whitey in making new technology.

>Yellow river civilization dates to 4000 BC

This has got to be a fucking joke, Shang were illiterate until 1100 bc, stop spouting bullshit you nationalistic Chink, besides there are towns in Greece dating back to 5000 bc
China had no cities or signs of civilization in 4000 bc

I would say that stuff like paper or gun powder was pretty influential.

user go on google earth street view and look at any african shitty beyond its commerical district it looks like a Haiti tier shithole.

So were post-Mycanean Greeks.

I think that was his point, retard

I don’t know enough about the history of mathematics to weigh in on that, but I was under the impression that China was roughly equal to or better than Europe in mathematics until the Renaissance or Enlightenment.

lol you couldn't be more wrong, if you don't know things just shut up

That's the point. Cherrypicking images isn't an argument.

Then post some examples of Western mathematics being superior or you’re no better than me. Preferably from the Classical period, because obviously by the Enlightenment the West was ahead in pretty much every area.

How you be so illiterate...

Euclides is the first to use the axiomatic approach in mathematics, you should know these things for fuck's sake, Euclid's elements alone is the most influential mathematics book in the history of mankind

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclid's_Elements

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclid

His Elements is one of the most influential works in the history of mathematics, serving as the main textbook for teaching mathematics (especially geometry) from the time of its publication until the late 19th or early 20th century.[2][3][4] In the Elements, Euclid deduced the principles of what is now called Euclidean geometry from a small set of axioms. Euclid also wrote works on perspective, conic sections, spherical geometry, number theory, and rigor

Of course there are also these guys

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollonius_of_Perga

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diophantus

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archytas

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eudoxus_of_Cnidus

>first to use
>greek mathematicians were saying that they learnt mathematical insight in the middle east
?

Dominician, Middle Easterners never demonstrated any of their theoremes, they didn't use axioms in mathematics, it's debated whether Greeks learned things like very basic geometry from them but Greeks certainly were the first ones to come up with actual demonstrations for their theoremes.

>Euclid's vital contribution was to gather, compile, organize, and rework the mathematical concepts of his predecessors into a consistent whole, later to become known as Euclidean geometry.
SeePeople in Greece already knew about geometry, and the study started in the middle east.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/08/24/3700-year-old-babylonian-tablet-rewrites-history-maths-could/

Revisionism surely is pretty much an acomplishment.

>geometry
and trigonometry*

I don't know if you are too stupid to read or too lazy, probably both, Babylonians knew geometry, so did Egyptians, but they never demonstrated any of their theorems, I didn't say they didn't know trigonometry, I said they never demonstrated ANY of their theorems, and that's a fact, so stop making strawman arguments and read again what I've said.

>demonstration of theorems
How does this revisionism of other's writings compete with the invention of gunpowder or simply the craddle of civilization, again?

Your post see dumber and dumber the more you post, it's time to sleep

>muh gunpowder

Really? Now we're going back from the Middle East to China again?

For any petty invention made by the Chinese Europeans have hundreds of them

>cradle of civilization

As Greece and the Aegean in general are, considering the first urban sites in Greece go back to the Neolithic

See

Yeah I've already responded to that shit

The first written documents in China go back to 1100 bc, the first in Crete go back to 2100 bc.
4000 bc is for the first Chinese civilization is bullshit he pulled out of his ass, if he counts some large villages and small towns as civilization then Europe has dozens of cultures that had those going back to 6000-5000 bc, and over all more impressive Neolithic monuments such as the thousands of hypogeums or the Malta temples

Europe controlled trade routes and started exploring the world while becoming more industrial which allowed for more prosperity. China focused on themselves and didn't really try to explore.

In ancient chinese culture wooden buildings were used for living people, stone and brick buildings for dead people (e.g. tombs). Since wooden buildings don't last that long, and it is harder to build a very large building completely out of wood, China's architecture, while still having a very distinct style, is indeed not as impressive, as european or middle eastern one.

>This is basically a wooden hut.
If Wooden Huts in Europe had interlocking architecture that doesn't use a single nail/rope/binding material, it would be.

About 800 years of soft eugenics thanks to the fuedal systems of western Europe.

Nice cherry pick.
This is what the Han dynasty palace in Xi'an looked like pic related.
>Inbf muh wood!
Stone isn't as common in China as it is in the Mediterranean.

>best thing Nordcucks could build out of wood

>quick, pass me the copy & paste tool

>superstition and a rigid mindset stop China achieving something

Who would have thought

>user go on google earth street view and look at any african shitty beyond its commerical district it looks like a Haiti tier shithole.

>The crappy art must have been just happenstance/cultural factors.
Pic related is a painting of the Song Dynasty from the 12th century.

Now show me a European painting from the same time that is equal to it.