War is so stupid. Why can't we just get along

>War is so stupid. Why can't we just get along.

>tfw when dove
>tfw when the only peace is in turning nations into ash
>wiping their 'history' from the records
>and building roads over their unmarked graves

Being sent to war in the dark ages was probably better than working your ass off for some fat noble

My aunt always says this. Holy shit it's annoying. Does she think she's being profound?

>the rich made wars for their own profit and the poors fought it to survive
every fucking time

No matter how necessary you think war is you'd all shit your pants if you had to fight in one. Then you'd start to change your tune.

I understand that war is no joy. I just hate that people think that it's idiotic and they're somehow super intelligent for pointing out "the futility of war" without making any attempt to understand the complex reasons of why wars happen in the first place besides "lmao rich ppl tricked everyone".

this but unironically

great hektor should strike you down for dishonoring the saints of troy

Back surgery is also painful and people go through with it anyway.

Army Generals hate him!
This man created world peace with one simple trick!

Are you kidding? I'm sitting here waiting for the next fascist dictatorship to start purging the undesirables.

>if there was no war we would be in space right now

You'd be the first to go.

Ladies and gentlemen, R*man """""civilization"""""

You'd probably be one of them.

Violence is the most rational way to resolve conflict between nations.

No it wasn't.
Thus is more so if you had a trade like a black smith, wet nurse, cloth maker, or carpenter.
And going to war sucks even more when you don't have money to by good armor/weapons.

No it isn't wtf

inorite? stupid hoomons

>mfw Iraq """""""""War"""""""""" veteran
>mfw all I did was sit on my ass on the Kuwait side of the border

And if I had gone to Iraq, I'd probably just end up sitting in a FOB or going on patrol till we hit and IED and/or complex ambush. Its bullshit, its all bullshit

I sure fucking hope so.

>No matter how necessary you think war is you'd all shit your pants if you had to fight in one

>go to war
>shoot at sand niggers from 300M on the side of a mountain where they can't hit you
>go home

Thank you for keeping me safe at night. God Bless

>the simplest way is the most rational way

>Democratic Peace Theory is valid

>Why can't we just get along.
original sin

>Two democracies never went to war!
>well duhh what about Georgia and Russia!

MFW I dont save reaction faces anymore.

>Russia
>democracy

I like how you're just so above it all. Like if somebody attacks, just let them right??

illiberal democracies are still democracies user

>All wars happening right now are American COIN operations

Not to mention Americans shit their pants even in those.

Esoteric Putinism is the future. Andropov was onto something but lacked the stones and conviction to succeed.

>user's reading comprehension

>he fell for the "illiberal democracy" meme

>go to ukraine instead
>launch some artillery shells at donetsk and sit on your ass in some muddy trench all day

this
>single coffin comes back from Iraq/Afghanistan
>BRING OUR BOYS HOME

Coming from a 20 year old croatian, war is pretty stupid. My father volunteered and joined the army in '91 and served until the end in '95. 1700 days served and a mortar wound has left him fucked up to this day.
>lead normal life
>your job or education ends overnight
>given gun
>shoot at people who were once your neighbors
>get shot at
>goes on for 5 years
He doesn't regret volunteering in the war for 5 years and being but he often says it was pointless as many problems are still unsolved the region is massively fucked.

>objectivism is a real philosophy(totally not a marketing campaign to sell more yidd literature) and since we're the real liberals here, we'll unify both the neocons and SJW's in time

I mean it's not a bad theory.
If everyone focused their energy on enhancing human comfort, understand/tolerating one another, and /or minding their own business; as well as near 0% focus on advancing weapons for killing, who knows where we would be? At least the wealthy nations perhaps.
For one thing Europe would be one country As well as most of Africa. But no, we humans just have to focus on what makes us different all the time instead if what makes us the same. Even in the cases mentioned where those differences are small.
Like it makes you wonder why have a prefrontal lobe? All we did was make irrational reasons to destroy ourselves and make our selves only a step above the animals who don't have one. What a pity.

>Shells get located by radar
>Enemy MLRS launch counter-barrage at you

I'm against the strictly anti-war position. Do you even know how greentext works?

This but unironically

>Do you even know how greentext works?

>www.veryfunnypics.eu
>le reddit maymay format
r/T_D needs to leave

>War is so stupid. Why can't we just get along.

If we all got along, would war be less stupid?

explain why its a meme
(This is a legitimate question)

>r/T_D needs to leave

Last time I posted that on this site reddit was a baby and no no bothered to even mentions it's name

A terrible theory. The first human object to reach space was the German V2 rocket WEAPON. We only went to the moon because we feared the other guy would get there and point nukes back at us. War is the single greatest driver of technological progress in human history. The necessity to develop strategies and technologies to overcome the threat of those who would otherwise kill you is a powerful motivation. Its given us everything that can later be used or readapted into peacetime utilities.

If anything, we would be further along in space of there had been more frequent and varied conflict. The only bad war is one that has been fought before, or for too long.

>There wouldn't be any violence if it wasn't for religion, racism and separate nations.

um sweetie just read Rousseau

Well why can't we? Wouldn't that be better if we genuinely DID all just get along?

Then there would be war because one person looked at the other funny. Or because one guy slept with the other guys wife. Or because one guy like the color blue and the other likes the color green. Humans will literally just invent new reasons to hate each other and slaughter ever one. We are irredeemably violent and selfish and foolish. If there was no nationalism, racism, religion, we would fight over the pronunciations of words and go to war because someone forgot our birthday. There will always be war as long as there are two living humans. And this last two humans at the twilight of civilization will eventually get missed about something absurd and try and bash each others skulls.

To war is human. To war endlessly and without mercy is Devine.

Yes it is user if I want land I will kill your soldiers and burn down your villages to make you hand it over.

A planetary nation would have a clusterfuck of civil wars.

>human nature isn't real

Peace is a wonderful thing until you have an unreasonable neighbors. Then you have to kill them and start "War" again.

That happens specifically because the losses are so low. If we went back to WW1 numbers of 30,000 potentially dying in a day in a battle, we'd become numb to the death toll.

Maybe you are unlucky enough to be the unreasonable neighbor.

>if there were no other reason to fight people would all suddenly turn into petty psychopaths and murder each other over insignificant shit

Its white cucks that do this, non whites dont give a shit if 100,000 of their soldiers die in a war they will still continue it.

Well that's idea behind globalism, but you nationalists are trying to fuck it all up. Dicks.

>trading liberty for security
>to a UN dominated by 3rd world war lords and Soros tier businessmen

What could go wrong?

this is a biased assumption and based on how things just happened to pan out and you know it. All it reveals is that fear of conflict and defeat(violent ones to be specific) can be a great motivator. Not that it is the best and only motivator.
This is simple logic, c'mon user.

so what you meant to say is that all we have to do is get rid of the psychopaths, borderlines, and narcissists or keep them away from positions of power and we will be good? Cause none of what you described is normal mature human behavior but those of an entitled asshole.

War is good, the ultimate contest of will.

>War is so smart. Why should we ever get along?

humans are inherently violent. its how we evolved as a species, war is hardwired in our genes.

jarhead

>stabs you and takes everything you have

That answer is getting there, even with a single “””unified””” earth the geographical distances would breed separate ideologies as we have now. Add in “if we all thought relatively the same way” and you’re golden.

All wars in history have just been preparation for when we finally encounter extraterrestrial inteligent life and will have to genocide them

Haha man you're so cool and uncaring!

>so what you meant to say is that all we have to do is get rid of the psychopaths, borderlines, and narcissists or keep them away from positions of power
Except those guys excel at getting into positions of power.
No, really, google it.

>when civilians talking about necessities of war

I'm not him but I unironically wouldn't mind dying under fascism
>no blame directed towards you for your death
>probably a faster death
>possiblity of becoming a martyr

your opinion will be ignored under the fantasizing of belligerent faggots who obsess over WW2 weapons and love the idea of any sort of conflict.

More like
>Go to war
>Some sand niggers shoot at you from 500 meters away with rusty AKs
>Get PTSD
>Go home and demand gibsmedat

Truly the ideology of death.

That's because the war was prematurely stopped by the NWO, so it seems pointless. They should have done it correctly.

We can, but war is very profitable. Some people like profit.

>World peace

Just so you know docile human races like San Bushmen were outcompeted by a violent warring race like the nigger.

>_______ was inevitable

WTF is wrong with all those edgelords who think that war is a necessity? You are still stuck in the 19th century where people thought that war is just in mens nature. War breeds nothing but destructions in all manners. Why do you think politicians want solve conflicts diplomatically? Well, because talking is way cheaper than sending your workforce wasting ressources and dying rather than working.

>inb4 the army is the workforce for war

The armies main porpous today is to give humatarian aid in case of a catastrophy.

A good diplomat keeps all options on the table and is able to consider alternative methods if diplomacy fails. To arbitrarily limit oneself is to place yourself at a disadvantage against more unscrupulous powers.

>sending your workforce wasting ressources and dying rather than working.
There's also a third option, either covertly financing regime change or backing a proxy group more willing to play ball.

>The armies main porpous today is to give humatarian aid in case of a catastrophy.
No, it's to ensure the state's continued survival against threats both foreign and domestic and represent a potential means in pursuing the raison d'etat.

Except that a huge portion of scientifical progress was made because of war. Humanity knows progress when we face adversity and competition. A united world is at best impossible to create (and a massive genocide of cultures), at worst the technological progress would have been severely halted

>the noble savage

I agree, just give me your resource or I'll take it by force

except you have back surgery to fix your own back and you go to war for mr rothschild's shekels

Have you tried asking her how well she would get a long with someone who was utterly convinced that women are second class citizens who should stfu unless spoken to and dedicate their life solely to child rearing as they are not fit for anything else?

She's an evangelical so...

The worst of the bunch are the people who whine about wars being something rich folk send poor folks to die in. How the fuck can you not realise that the 'democratisation' of the military was one the most important factors in achieving the relative equality we have in the modern world?

>how well she sould get along with a strawman that litteraly doesn't exksts

I think it'd be sweet as long as I don't gotta fuckin deal with toxic gas and torture. Other than that, sign me up for LARping as John Rambo on a bunch of commies. Worst that can happen is you get shot. Oh boo hoo- you won't even feel the wound because your mind can't process that much pain that fast. I've had a nail in my foot before and didnt feel it till 3 hours later.

>We do all get along
>the nobles and lords are greedy, or poorly manage their lands
>lords don't view the peasantry, or the militia as people, only resources
>when lords need more land and riches they send the people they don't care about to die.

The worse that can happen is stepping on a mine and losing both your legs, or getting exploded by a mortar shell and having your face ripped off and your body covered in hot shrapnel.

You know what would be even faster? Killing yourself right now. The world would be better with one less neckbeard who wants to ruin his own society in an overly complex form of suicide.

>For one thing Europe would be one country
This is how we know that you're a brainlet. Europe would've been even more geopoliticallly divided if it wasn't for war.