Help Veeky Forums I did max load squats today (only lmao2pl8)...

Help Veeky Forums I did max load squats today (only lmao2pl8), and want to know if I'm ok to do heavy deads (around 3pl8) tomorrow morning? About a day in between? I have a public holiday and a festival which are fucking up my workout schedule but I figure they use slightly different muscles that it should be ok for muscle growth?

bump for genuine help

most programs have you doing them both in the same day.
so better off having a rest day

I would not deadlift. Get proper recovery.

dammit, ok thanks dudes.

If max load is 2pl8 and your dead is 3pl8 you're fine to hit deads if you're not cutting.

obviously this is what I wanted to hear but why? Just not enough stress on my body yeah?

If you're not cutting then you're either eating at maintenance or bulking. 225 squats don't stress the body enough to need significant recovery time before deadlifting 315. If you get enough sleep and food then as a beginner you can easily deadlift, squat, and press every gym session without burning out your CNS.

enjoy snap city I'd you follow this advice

Most of your gains are made in recovery. As you advance you need more time to recover. OP isn't lifting heavy enough to need days before deadlifting. What I said is true for beginners, they can start at just the bar and do compounds literally every day and make progress if they sleep at least 8 hours and eat enough calories.

If your lower back doesnt hurt you can diddly just fine. If you have stress on lower back going then take day of rest and work on fixing your form on squat.

You can squat every workout just fine unless you are pushing yourself to the max. Deadlifting isnt advised that often because lower back recovers slower than lets say quads and other skeletal muscles.

Also when your cns is fried your grip will be weak, and you will get shaky body during heavy pull which can lead to snapcity

If your form is good and you dont have any pains or significant soreness then lift away famalam.

People make overtraining too much of excuse to not lift.

> beginners don't need to rest

Eventually they'll need to, but someone just starting out can go on and on without burning out if they sleep and eat enough. You're severely underestimating how well a beginner can adapt.

They tend to need a lot less than more capable lifters, simply because they don't have the mass or neuromuscular coordination to really put a beating on themselves the way experienced lifters can. Especially right at the start when 90% of the effort is just in doing the movement properly.

You idiots train a lot of people how to lift weights that were previously sedentary? Obviously not. The first few weeks of compound movements will cripple them, even isolations will cause doms for up to a week.

Actually, yeah, I do. That was kind of my job for a few years (PTing for a chain and herding the newbies at a warehouse gym)

You know what the best way of alleviating DOMS is? Movement.

i can see why you don't have a job anymore

DOMs ain't shit, you can work through it. If a beginner is motivated enough to want to do compounds that often then they're motivated enough to work through DOMs or find a way (foam rolling) to deal with them. Faggot.

Or you could program them an appropriate amount of rest. Pretty sure you had a lot of clients immediately quit and tell everyone they knew to find a different trainer.

Never had one quit over soreness. Picked up a few over that though (beginners may not need a lot of rest, but they do need appropriate volume - jackasses running them into the ground from day one are just fucking their clients).

>225 squats don't stress the body enough to need significant recovery time before deadlifting 315
that's bullshit. You have no idea of OP's physical condition. If 225 is his 90% max, then it's going to be taxing him heavily. Then, he is gonna deadlift the next day? Nah, not a good idea.

225 lbs squats cannot tax the body to where the next the lifter cannot deadlift 315 unless the person lifting is doing a significant amount of repetitions and sets.

>225 is his 90% max,
thx for ignoring this

Since you keep bringing it up like an ignoramus, here. IF 225 is his 90% max then he can still continue to adapt in a rapid enough manner to set a new squat max every time he squats. That makes a beginner/novice. Ergo he's fine deadlifting the next day. Beginner routines like SS have you doing deadlifts right after squatting even while you're squatting 275 lbs and deadlifting 335lbs. You only have to periodize when you lift heavy enough to need the recovery. Stop propagating bullshit and trying to rob OP of strength gains, you faggot.