Muslim golden age

Let's discuss Veeky Forums

was it just a meme or was it actually a real thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

atheistuniverse.net/m/blogpost?id=6381005:BlogPost:282729
youtube.com/watch?v=60JboffOhaw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>conquer Roman empire
>we made this

to be fair some guy distilled chemicals and averroes was pretty neat, I'd hardly typify their achievements as inherently "Islamic" though

not even the anglo calls the industrial revolution the anglo revolution despite 90% of it happening in Britain

It's not as if the Muslims named it either. The West sees it's own heights and eras as universal while seeing other civilizations in terms of something unique or particular.

I'd argue that much of it was Islamic however, or at least Islamicate. The term is just too easily confused with modern Islamic religion and society.

Original muslims where pretty cool, big into Socrates etc. Somewhere in the 11th century they decided that because God was the answer they didn't need to think no more. They're still stuck at that point.

basically a meme. they just translated a bunch of greek and indian texts. not to say they didn't do anything since they helped preserve that knowledge but it's too bad they couldn't use that knowledge to keep up with europe. middle eastern advancements basically hit their peak with the babylonians.

>Somewhere in the 11th century they decided that because God was the answer they didn't need to think no more. They're still stuck at that point.
Is there any chance for them to stop instead of using our own achievements to fuel their desire to destroy them?

atheistuniverse.net/m/blogpost?id=6381005:BlogPost:282729

Its real, the caliphate gave scientists a network in which they could share and compare their work.
Developed cities like Cairo, Bukhara, Cordoba and Baghdad were all connected to each other this way.

They were ahead of europeans in certain areas.
That's the reason why crusaders were beneficial to europe, they learned a lot from muslims. Esspecially in medicine

I think the term "islamic" triggers a lot of the people who look into history thourgh the eyes of 21st century romanticism, ideas about islamic invasion and EVROPA etc.

I did an experient with those folk, when I said Abbasid Golden age, or the golden age of arab kingdoms, they are triggered far less. Though I still it abusrd that people who know so little about middle east in middle age get so emotional by this topic.

Read Norman Cantor's The Civilization of the Middle Ages if you can as it has interesting theories about them and compare it to the catholic scientists.

its a meme bcause many of them were persians and only arabs can be muslim
its also a meme becaze they were influencd by indias and greeks

this is de truth that POLITICALLY CORRECT CULTURAL MARXISTS want to hide from u !!

>I did an experient with those folk, when I said Abbasid Golden age, or the golden age of arab kingdoms, they are triggered far less. Though I still it abusrd that people who know so little about middle east in middle age get so emotional by this topic.

I mean, you don't get Europeans calling the Renaissance the "Christian Golden Age".

>countless scientific term like Algebra, Alcohol, etc of muslim origin
>almost all stars have muslim names

"HEY GUYS DOES DA MUSLIM REALLY BEEN GOOD AT SCIENCE N SHIT OR IS THAT JUS PROPOGANANDA?"

fucking brainlets ruining this board.

>muslim golden age
More like Persian golden age

Its a meme. All those muslim scholars were heavily dependent on others, mostly Chinese, Greek, and Indian innovations. They barely added anything more than translating said sources. Also keep in mind that Islam is inherently against any ventures that even in the smallest degree possible may contradict Muhammed. Anyone that does, say, dare say that the universe may contain mechanism independent of the workings of Allah is swiftly branded heretic or blasphemer , as has been the case with Averroes, Avicienna, Al-Razi, Al-Sarakhshi, Al-Farabhi, and of course countless others. What is called the Islamic Golden Age is nothing more than translations by its conquered people. Muslims consider science as apostacy. Basic law in the Quran forbids critical thinking.

What are you on about? There are millions of Muslims in India and Southeast Asia, plus huge swaths of North and East Africa where it is the majority religion. There are more Muslims in Indonesia than in any other country on Earth.

Mostly a meme. It was actually a time of decline of a region that was the richest and most developed in the world since 2500 BC.

>
>
>

He was ironically mocking the /pol/ niggers who think that something only counts as a muslim achievement when arabs do it.
The persians etc who did these advances in science were also muslim so the islamic golden age still applies to them.

Actually it was a revival, the region went to shit under the romans and persians the islamic golden age fixed it till the mongols happened.

Weren't the persians muslim then you colossal nignog?

there is some truth to it but it largely involved translating and commenting on the work of others, with some original work mixed in.

if y'all ain't seen it this is a great video that covers the subject really well

youtube.com/watch?v=60JboffOhaw

It's called "Islamic" because the Muslim Caliphates - effectively theocracies- brought it about through both establishing a Pax Islamica in a region beset by Roman/Persian Wars and Nomad Invasions and the sponsorship of the Abbasid Caliphates to such learning.

just look at them now and you will find your answer.

>
>
>

>Look at Greece now.
>It's shit,
Y u white bois lying about "Classical Ages" Greece n shit? You wuz sayin they wuz civilized when its a third world country! KEK

I wonder how much Islam changed since the middle ages. I've read alcohol consumption wasn't forbidden, halal and veil weren't mandatory too, is it true?

The problem with Greece is that they killed the whites.

Islam tells people to dress modestly and that alcohol opens the way for further sin. The rest are cultural aspects fused into it.
Also islam is not a monolith turks are much different than saudis for example.

Whites were barbarian raiders to their north though.

>
>
>