Bronze Age Germanic lake settlements. Jealous?

Bronze Age Germanic lake settlements. Jealous?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhldingen-Mühlhofen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>jealous of germans

lol no

>living on a bog

Lovely

Looks like the poor version of the terramare in Emilia

Also South Germany wasn’t Germanic at the time

Pretty sure that this village was located in North Western Germany.

Which still wasn’t Germanic

Why not build it on the coast? What's the advantage of being 10 meters inside a stupid lake?

What’s “Germanic” to you then?

It was probably a fishing village.

Disgusting, G*rmans were literally swamp peo--Holy shit, this explains everything.

Stop lying g*Rmanoid. It's in southernmost Germany which was still Celtic in Roman times: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhldingen-Mühlhofen

Why not? Still would have been closer to Germanic than anything else

Will you shut the fuck up please?

>Roman Times
This settlement was originally inhabited in 4000BC and throughout the Bronze Age.

They did...

No

And there were no g*Rmanoids there at the time. They would only reach south Germany much, much later.

>Bronze age Lake Constance
>Germanic...
germanic tribes didn't even inhabit southern germany at that time...
why are krautaboo's so fucking pathetic? Literally wir wuz tier...

>Germans weren't there at the time
But they are now
>The Chad Germanic vs The Virgin celt

It's like one of those Mekong river huts. In some houses they pull out fish they're raising from a fish farm in the floor on the water.

Unironically the coziest thing I've seen

Only concentration camps and literally nothing else

Also in Korea(Jeju island), people raise black swine underneath their homes.

actually looks comfy

fucking lol

do they poo in the water for the fish?

>Contrary to popular belief, the houses were not erected over water, but on nearby marshy land. They were set on piles to protect against occasional flooding. Because the lakes have grown in size over time, many of the original piles are now under water, giving modern observers the false impression that they have always been this way.

From wikipedia article on the area.

Looks like Benin

yes it was.

The settlement is Raetic or Celtic

>celts
>germany

Best be trolling

its around lake constance, in far far south germany. that is near the original cultural area of the "celts", the hallstatt culture iirc

>river is 4 inches below a modern house with electricity

Does the Mekong never flood? That's not a lot of safety margin.

In the bronze age?

Scandinavia

Celts were an Atlantic people, Iberia and Britain
This was also the homeland/birthplace of Celtic culture, central European tribes werent Celtic and Hallstatt, urnfeild etc were not protoceltic or celtic

Meanwhile in Emilia

They weren't Germanic either.

People don't realize that Central Europe before the Bronze Age was mostly inhabited by Anatolian farmers. Germanics and other steppe niggers were still living in Siberia.

that's during the bronze age

Can someone please explain to me that every single time these threads pops up, the nordicboos never actually post anything Northern European?

>germanics were living in siberia

>Germanics and other steppe niggers were still living in Siberia.
lmao, no. germanics are result of Elp Culture raping Battle Axe into submission. they crawled out from denmark.

we have those in Brazil too!

Meanwhile in Southern Europe

i get it you are german

>Scandinavia is the only Germanic place
>but it just so happens that non-Scandinavians living in Germany, France, and Austria all had blonde hair, blue eyes, and large frames in addition to speaking a Germanic language and possessing a Germanic culture and religion

>Celts were an Atlantic people
the Atlantic peoples were the Paleo-Europeans who inhabited Europe before the Indo-Europeans.
They stretched from Spain to Karelia.

Yeah I guess only Germanic people have blonde hair lol
Perfect logic there idiot, not to mention that people in France didn't all have blonde hair obviously, that's something you pulled out of your ass

>s in addition to speaking a Germanic language

They didn't back the idiot

>and possessing a Germanic culture and religion

They didn't

pangermanism is a mental disease

Can all the fucking /int/ posters please go back to their designated board? Jesus christ you people are annoying.

You belong on /int/ if you use any of the following:

>poo in loo
>any name with an * in it
>boos

T.Re*ditor

Brazil is germanic confirmed

>that's something you pulled out of your ass
actually no.
Everyone in ancient France had blonde hair.
>Odin isn't Germanic
>Germanic words, codes of honor, and tribal affairs aren't "Germanic" when done outside of Scandinavia
kys
>pangermanism
autism

The fuck are you talking about, you dumb fuck?

Retarded troll

I hope you realise but blue eyes, blonde hair existed long before Germanics came about as ethnos.

Here's something actually Nordic, it's not great but for the bronze Age it's a pretty massive structure and was built out of wood.
I don't think there were structure anywhere else in Europe besides perhaps Mycenaean Greece that rivaled it in size.

Yes most Nuraghi in Sardinia were way bigger than that hut

Meanwhile in Greece retard!
Show me something from Italy or Spain that was better then what the Germanics were building.

Oh I forgot about these.

is this to deal with the god awful winter? just pack it all in there?

I thiught it was Vietnam for a second.

Yeah like this
Or pic related

>Frisians and Sexons ain’t Germanics

I assume so yes!

Sardinia is not Italy.
>Inbf muh national borders!

When Germanics started using stone?

ITT:
>What do you mean that Northern Europeans did not have a population density and thus a settlement complexity to the Mediterranean basin, it is almost like the climate was completely different which created a preference for wood, which is a better building material for retaining heat than stone.

>Sardinia is not Italy

The fuck am i reading?

Ok here's something from Peninsular Italy

Different place, with the same government in our time. Simple.

Neolithic Europeans used stone before the Indo-European migration/invasion. Orkney in Scotland is especially impressive. And that was built 3200 BC.

Different climate, once there was a shift towards a colder weather Skara Brae was quickly abandoned.

Probably in the early mediaeval period around the 12th centuryAD.

It's not apart of the historical region it's just governed by the modern nation.

>Jealous
>Of Germanics

This is a bronze age thread

Spain

It was you utter retard.

Nordics had bat architectu-

That village is from South germany, related to the terramare culture of Italy and other similar cultures in Switzerland, that is proto celts

So they were on par with Northern Europeans at the time?

Terramare villages were way bigger than any village north of the alps, some reached a size of 20 hectares

Yeah I just looked it up their dwellings. They really were on par with Northern Europeans.

Looks like a Roman Insula.

What about the Franks? They certainly started using stone prior to the 12th century.

Their towns were much bigger though

So they had a larger population. So what?

Oh yes of course when he said Germanics I was thinking of Scandinavians.

Ok, here's one of the Aeolian island near Sicily in the bronze age, this counts as Italy

No, we have them too.

Nope thats probably dark age Greek colony.
Nice pic though.

No, Lipari had its own culture

I'll answer your question accurately now.
Well if we're talking all Germanics in general I'd have to say Spain was the birth place of native Germanic stone architecture pic related.
The Visigoths had quite a unique style.

Very interesting! How did they obtain galleys?
Are those Greek ships or native Italian?