Tfw can't complete squatting 5x5 with 42.5kg

>tfw can't complete squatting 5x5 with 42.5kg

What the FUCKK bros, I thought you weren't supposed to stall until much later this can't be happening FUCKCKKKK

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's your rest in between sets like? What are you eating / how much do you weigh

Did you start lifting yesterday? keep going at it bro, trust

77kg @183cm
I've stayed at 77kg for a long time now, so I eat around maintenance. Around 100g of protein a day.

Rest between sets is just staring at the wall for 30 or so seconds

You weigh as much as me and I've got to 240x5x3 squats in a few months on SS. My starting bodyweight was145lbs though. The key is eating more. You're going to have to gain a bit of weight. Don't let your bf % get too out of control and you'll be fine. Also rest for longer between sets. I rest for 4-5 minutes. You could probably do like 3 minutes and be fine though. Your protein is a bit low. It doesn't have to be crazy high but if you bulk 1g/lb of bodyweight is pretty easy.

yea, figured it was my shitty eating. I'll keep at it, thanks for the help.

30 seconds not enough rest between sets man. At that rate you might as well just do 1x25 instead of splitting sets. Do at least 1.5 mins.

Do lowbar if u have long femurs my man

Highbar? Lowbar? ATG? Are you SURE you got correct form?

>rest 30 sec while doing 5RM
lmao pls rest at least 2 minutes

Meh honestly it's probably more of the not resting long enough thing

Did you really think 30 seconds was an appropriate rest period for 5 rep sets of a compound exercise? Do one set every four minutes.

You're supposed to squat 3x5 three times per week until you can squat 315x3x5. Only after that should you add more sets.

Are you doing SL? Get the app (free, don't pay the extra bullshit)
It includes a timer, 1:30 minutes of rest between sets. If you think it's hard, 3 minute rest, if you fail, 5 minutes rest.

It's the easiest way to track time

>42.5kg

Huh? wtf is your weight?? I squat 80kg just by standing up lol

Wait, doesn't SL tell you to squat 5x5 three times a week, adding 2.5kg each time? Did I fuck this up from the very start?

>not eating enough
>not sleeping enough
>not appreciating boipussy
>not sudng prper form
>stress
>not training enough
one of these

No, you are right. SL says exactly that.

No. SL 5x5 has you doing 5 sets of 5 squats. The guy recommends you switching to 3 sets of five once you start stalling on squats.

30 seconds isnt enough user.
100g protein is pretty low. This is a debated topic but try and get 150-200g.

Make sure you've got good form. And that you recover well enough (food and sleep)

Some people beeline to 4pl8 squats and other take their time. Take it slow.

>100g protein is pretty low. This is a debated topic but try and get 150-200g.
No, fuck off.
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

150kg can't fail. 100 can be too low. I didn't bother looking at his weight. 77kg in imaginary units is 170lbs. 0.75g protein per weight, which is the lowest your study argues that you need, is 127g of protein. Which is a a medium/small chicken breast deficit. So fuck you right back. 100 is still not enough.

Your form and core are probably shit as fuck

Just keep squatting

lads im doing ss and recently the squats have felt much heavier as i progress 2.5kg per workout
should i switch to low bar to avoid stalling?

Do low bar if you want. Rip recommends low bar but it doesn't make the biggest difference in the world.

Don't bitch out because it's heavy. It's scary as a beginner but you can handle it user. It's only 2.5kg more than you already did.

Oh and I should've said this; dont just hop to low bar from high bar with the same weights. The movement is "similar" but if you're lifting at challenging weights you absolutely want to drop the weights to work on the movement pattern before you start exerting yourself.

p-please be a grill?

I know what you mean but today I couldn't come out of the hole quite smoothly, i once almost lost my balance, as in I had to adjust my stance when standing up
I've never yet failed a squat though

you havin a giggle m8