What kind of rows do you guys do? Pros and cons with the different types...

What kind of rows do you guys do? Pros and cons with the different types? I'm currently doing db rows or seated cable rows but I'm considering trying a barbell version instead

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ecRrT6xTJ80
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I do bent over BB with hook or reverse grip. I like them a lot. Hit lats and traps pretty hard. I can pull up to about 145 I think.

I do bent over barbell and seated cable

Personally, I hate barbell rows.
I do full body 3x a week and I do cable rows one day, Db the next and tuck front lever rows at the end of the week. I find the V grip for seated rows hits my lats like crazy but any other kind of row I can feel more in the rhomboids and fear delts.

dumbbell rows

motherfucking tbar row

go as heavy as you can
stretch those lats and traps

also pendlay and bent over row
i use lot of body english but worsk for me

Yea me too I have never, not once done sets of barbell rows.

My fav is a chest supported row but otherwise DB rows and cable rows, swapping between as/when i stall.

bent over barbell two times a week, with two sets of heavy dumbbell rows to failure

on middle day t-bar for more reps and pump

>2017
>Not doing Dorian Diddlies

Lat type thread: when doing pull downs and chin ups is one supposed to arch their back to hit lower lats or flex abdoinals and glutes to keep straight as possible??

That's just a bb row with shitty form.

If Pumping Iron taught me anything it's that form matters very little.

yeah same

not so much on compounds but on accessories it seems like no one gives a fuck

I'm pretty sure that guy knows what he's doing.

>tfw you will never take flight with your lats

how to dead lift ohp squat with anterior pelvic tilt?
my back pain is getting worse however my posture is doing better but i know its not DOMS because my form is failing

Seated cable rows - find them easy to focus on doing everything perfect with higher weights

Dumbbell rows one side at a time - same thing as above

Bent over barbell rows - fun, can go heavy but not quite sure as heavy without having to sacrifice form, feel good

I would love to be able to do BB rows. Hanging rows have never felt right to me and my long as fuck legs make pendlay rows really awkward, though I like the movement.

I tried Tbar but found it too hard on the lower back. I tried DB but at heavy weights my core feels like it's going to rip in half. My last idea is DB rows off blocks so it's like a DB variation of pendlay rows but I've not given it a try yet.

Help me, brahs. I have a home gym with no cables or machines and no gym access whatsoever, otherwise I'd do machines.

form is relative especially on a lift with no ruleset
im sure he does strict shit as well but sometimes u gotta get cheaty with ur rows

i feel like i do something wrong with barbell and pendlay rows, i can either lift the weight with full ROM easily or i don't even come close to full ROM when i go slightly heavier. really makes progression hard but i need something to hit upper back properly

anyone have the same issue? how to fix it?

Yes and no. Cheat curls? Good. Round back deadlifts? Gtfo.

Plus, the body awareness those guys have is crazy. I wouldn't cheat any form unless you know what's going on.

I absolutely have the same issue man, I've talked to guys in the gym and never got an answer.

the top is the hardest
get good
do more rows

Why do you like reverse grip more than overhand?

thanks for the satisfactory and complete answer my man, really ready to tackle this now

bent over pendley rows with a normal grip, keep my back parallel to the ground

look up some vids of people doing rows, check your form against theirs. it's definitely in the form if you hit such a substantial wall from just a little more weight

Thats a rare thicc

I like chest supported barbell rows

Anyone do Snatch Grip Upright Rows? They look pretty badass

youtube.com/watch?v=ecRrT6xTJ80