Is Lindybeige a reliable source for historical information or could he just be considered a pop historian...

is Lindybeige a reliable source for historical information or could he just be considered a pop historian? He is a really smart and charismatic guy but his opinions on Global Warming has led me to question his overall reliability

Global warming is retarded. Climate change is real.

obviously, never question the inspired word of your betters, the Anglo, remember that as a European your understanding of the world is incomplete without our erudite and ineffable guidance

fpbp

But Lindy is pretty centrist. Very tame. Very proudly British. I fear he's still bluepilled on migrants though. I guess that might make him anti-Bong,passively I mean.

He's a level above what most normies know about history but he is 100% a pop historian. Not that that's a bad thing but don't go around citing him in anything. Enjoy his videos if you'd like but do your own research and read things written by professional historians.

Is he even a pop historian? I'd consider a pop historian to be someone like John Julius Norwich or Mary Beard

No, he is literally the equivalent of the guy at the bar spouting off. He almost never bothers to do actual research, instead preferring to proffer out his opinions about things.

He is not even a pop historian, because that'd require a historian's backgrounds: studying history and doing research in the field.

He is a YouTube entertainer revolving around popular history and shouldn't be taken seriously for anything other than amusement, but optimally not even that.

as the masses soon leave behind all that greater minds strive to impart on them about their own world and that of wider human experience beyond them on leaving school, he most certainly represents the face of discovery for an entire generation!

Scary photo, that

Wot the fuck are you trying to say about me, Frenchy?

I mean he seems to know what he's talking about with tanks and weapons and such. I'd imagine he has some sort of background no?

RELEASE THE RESULTS, LINDY.

>I'm going to call the mg34 the spandau even tho thats a completely different gun from a different factory because thats what WE called them
The guy seems to be blinded by the glorious british empire most of the time.
He also gets pretty uppity when people call him out

Apparently pre-90s it was called a Spandau in the anglo sphere quite often though it was never an accurate term and nobody really even knows how it came into use on such a large scale.

I swear to god there's more pop historians than actual historians now.

well anyone that attended a history seminar can now point a camera at themselves and share the results with millions of people on the internet

It's easier to parrot ideological dribble that you were force-fed in university than to do actual research and reach what might be an unwelcome conclusion.

Academia is a massive echo-chamber, marxist theology has trickled down through the educational system to the lowest levels, and most students have forgotten how to think critically.

I've spent more time than most people researching the history of Africa and taken courses on the topic. All evidence I have observed indicates that Africans have consistently failed to create developed or fully functioning societies beyond the level of say, medieval Europe, in many cases even Iron Age Europe. Scientific analysis of the data would suggest Africans are, on a whole, developmentally primitive, and this is borne out by IQ and behavioral evidence.

If I were to make a public case of this topic I would be blacklisted at pretty much every uni in America and likely get doxxed and hounded by radical leftists.

Most so-called historians today will perform insane mental gymnastics in the name of virtue signaling rather than doing their duty - to look at the hard facts of the human experience and make critical observations rather than vomiting up the established narrative.

t. history major

t. brainlet who thinks critical thought is "mental gymnastics"

He's right though.

what the actual fuck is that rambling third paragraph.

Plenty of other countries around the globe suffered terribly from malaria, monsoons, intense heat, and all the climatic conditions you listed here. Any tropical country should suffer from African tier poverty by that logic, but somehow Vietnam, the various South American and Indian empires were able to thrive despite such conditions.

As for the whole "Europe stole everything" argument, what the hell were the Africans doing with all the valuable resources anyways? Africans had no use for oil or diamonds and a number of resources that non-developed societies would be unable to utilize. And why, if Africans are the oldest humans living on the most resource rich continent do they continue to live in utterly primitive conditions, and more importantly, degrade any advanced society into which they are placed?Every African majority city is a ghetto, whether it is in Nigeria, France, or America.

there are no african cities in america

Any city with a black majority exhibits the same maladaptations to modernity, urban decay, and societal collapse

>I'm a buttblasted /pol/tard
ftfy

He's a professor of dance dude. He knows jack shit about history.

Some places are really getting warmer though, mostly inland areas are.

>professor
He’s a dance teacher

Have you ever been to a school in subsaharian Africa? Visiting one is enough to understand how hard it is for children to get sufficient education (if they manage to get any, which is often not the case in the countryside) in a country where the few riches produced are stolen by corrupted officials or used in the military. The same goes for the "ghettos" schools in the West, it's usually the worst learning environments. And of course when one child miraculously manages to escape this environment, he has very few reasons to return to it because it has nothing to offer, the officials are still full of shit making sure the shithole remains a shithole so they can keep on leaving their comfortable lives.

>leftie memes

We nuked japan twice and it's had 10x the earthquakes and tsunamis that the rest of the world, compare that to Africa which we give trillions in aid to

Global warming is a myth.

>Climate change
>Climates change
>Global warming?!
is this bait? Please be bait.

Japan had an industrial labor force before being nuked and we gave them shit tons of aid too

Detroit

Africans on a whole lacked written languages and the wheel, among many, many other necessities of a developed society before the Europeans arrived, unless the Arabs had already passed these advancements on to them. The most basic developments they have are largely the result of European investment in their well being.

No African civilizations arrived at this stage of development in a cultural vacuum, though the overwhelming majority of the landmass was untouched by outside influence until well into the modern era. Africans have no excuse for being so primitive when they were spared the ravages of industrial war for millennia on end, unless you want to admit that a violent struggle for survival is the driving force for human evolution and advancement.

Human beings are, like any living organism, bound by the limits of our evolution which is inextricably bound to our environment. Africans simply evolved in a environment of plenty where a hunter-gatherer lifestyle was well above the baseline for survival, and this abundance of space and fertile land placed less impetus on violent competition and the need for long term planning. Ultimately they have arrived in the present day as living fossils and more primitive form of life.

>I mean he seems to know what he's talking about with tanks and weapons and such. I'd imagine he has some sort of background no?

Lloyd's talent is is talking confidently. do that people will believe you.

he had an undergraduate degree in classical greek history. Beyond that, he knows very little, especially when it comes to medieval or renaissance stuff.

He seems to know very little about Greek (military) history too, if his video about whether hoplites used spears over or underarm is anything to go by; as he completely discounts the possibility of whether or not there's someone behind you while you try to swing this spear in his "analysis"

To be fair to Lindy, the field of Greek warfare had a big shift in the turn of the century. Like the belief that the Greeks fought in at a predetermined location at open plains and they fought under honor bound rules and that they didn't chase after routing enemies. That they didn't like using missile armed troops. This was something that was taken seriously until Peter Krentz and Hans van Vees took a more critical look at the sources and found out that it was all hogwash. They showed us that the Ancient Greeks fought dirty and fought to bring destruction by available means. And also that they made good use of combined arms.

In his video about the aspis he mentions that it was useless for single combat but that's also something that scholars have been critical off. The new school of thought on Greek warfare describes it as perfectly suitable for one on one combat and that it may have been it's original purpose.

I'm not sure what you're going for with this post. Is warming not a form of change?

He's 100% French.
Those results will never see the light of day

user, the idea that greeks fought in deep formations and the guys holding the spears in melee combat would almost certainly have friendlies behind them is in no way new nor restricted to the turn of the century.

And I have no idea where you get the idea that they didn't chase routing enemies. It's been an article of faith since at least Hansen (and almost certainly before) that the bulk of the damage in hoplite warfare was caused by chasing the people who routed, which is why you get such disproportionate casualties between victor and loser as a matter of course.

Its not that race has anything to do with it. It's only two locations that spawned civilisation, the Fertile Crescent in the near East and in China.

All other civilisations that arose had some degree of contact with these two and adopted culture from them. They are the rare exception to groups of humans, not the norm.