Is 405 lbs. a respectable deadlift?

Is 405 lbs. a respectable deadlift?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HLvkhPEUgSc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you happy about it? Literally all that matters.

That's more than probably 99% of the world can do so I'd say yes

Yeah, 400+ is not easy.

I love this guy. Also everyone on this board DLs 4pl8 for reps.

Isn't that the guy who fucks all the trannies?

Anything under 5pl8 is weak AF

for your first time at the gym, yes

You think that's a sausage pizza?

Hey, that guy has some nice traps

No everyone claims it few can do it.

My DL max is 435 and I still feel weak

Why is this board full of people with such low confidence and inability to actual recognize true accomplishments.

>implying 435 is a good DL

sure if your a skelly thats only been lifting for 6 months. If you can't deadlift 5 plates you aren't a man

Kek

implying it's not
end your fucking life you dysmorphic freak

This.

lmao

On this board full of austits, it's okay, you just started lifting probably for a year. In real world, many people are not committed to.fitness and it's a rare sight, stronger that 99% of people.
Any male within a year of consistent training should reach 4 plates

4pl8 is about average at my gym. It's nothing special.

To normies, yes.

Not the same guy, but 4 pl8 actually isn't impressive. Maybe in your DYEL world it is, but to normal people it's not. Hell, my brother started lifting just 1 week ago and he's already pulling 355.

This. Honestly it should only take about 6 months of training. 4 plates isn't much at all.

Yea if you start as an overweight manlet.

compared to people who dont lift it's impressive. however, 4pl8 dl is achievable in well under 1.5 yrs

This shit keeps me down
2y in and only 150kg

how?

It's a good beginner goal, but not objectively "good" among dudes that lift weights. Don't compare yourself to non lifters. That's like learning the main riff for Smoke on the Water on guitar, then feeling proud that you are superior to people that don't even fucking play.

Look up the results for local powerlifting meets. These are realistic but strong numbers you should be aiming for.

I'm not saying 4 plate is shit. Just don't think it's good because your non-lifter roommate can't do it.

Do all you heavy deadlift bros use straps?

I've just started my deadlift training so I hover between 1pl8 to an extra 20lbs each side.

I've neglected it cus I know my back is bad, but deadlifts honestly feel like they're helping with that. It's just that during the sets, it gets strenuous as fuck.

Don't know
I ate 3500 cal and did 5/3/1 want from 100 to 150

Then what's an 'objectively good' deadlift?

1000 lbs is objectively good.

3 times your bodyweight, so a fat fuck like eddie hall who weighs like 410 DLing 1100 still sucks.

I only ever saw one guy apart from me pulling 4pl8. Guess my gym sucks ass.

>Owning the all time DL record isn't good enough for twinks on the Internet
He said objectively you cunt. You think every 400lb fatass can deadlift 1,000lbs+?

>Do all you heavy deadlift bros use straps?
hahah no
>I've neglected it cus I know my back is bad
You mean you spent years hunched over with shit poster which caused aches and then convinced yourself that exercising those muscles would some how be bad
> It's just that during the sets, it gets strenuous as fuck.
Who would have ever thought that the most physically taxing lift would be hard, really activated my almonds.

Of fucking course he does, he's a retard on Veeky Forums. He walked into the gym the first day in jean shorts and sandals and hit 1/2/3/4 for reps.

damn i remember going to bigsausagepizza back in the day on my shitty laptop on dial up and it would take 20 minutes to load one of those 30 second previews and half the time it would time out and i had to reload.

You need to build traps like this guy before you can think about deadlifting.

I am gonna give you a tip user, if you are anything like me you worry to much about form, technique and all the other bullshit. just fucking pull the weight, unless you notice you pull it all with your lower back keep going and grind it out. I was almost in your position a while ago and stuck on 150kg because I always abandoned the lift as soon as Í felt my back (was just slight upper back rounding) or I changed my stance, technique and other shit all the time.

Eventually I just said fuck it and pulled the fucking weight and realised that it was all in my head. From one day to another I went from 150kg to 170kg and a few weeks later to 180kg. After 2 more months I now pull 200kg.

For me it was all in my head, I hated the DL I had too much fucking fear and doubt in my head and I would abandon perfectly fine pulls because I was paranoid as fuck from all the snapcity stories. hype yourself up before the next workout, put 160kg on the bar and pull that shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=HLvkhPEUgSc

Not to anyone that lifts.

No. It's literally 1 year of hard work. How's that respectable?
500 is somewhat respectable

I've been lifting properly for about 8 months and just hit 140kg x 5.

I hate myself. I genuinely can't envision ever pulling 4plate.

Name of chick?

500 for reps is respectable. A 500 1RM is pathetic though. If you can't DL at least 650, you're not a real man.

so if 650 is the absolute cutoff for being a little bitch I would assume you can pull atleast 800 right ? would love a webm your pull m8

650 is the end goal for average natty. How can you call that just respectable

Stop the 1 year meme not one of you fatass fatasses count towards heavy lifts.

If you arent aesthetic you dont even register on the 1/2/3/4 scale. Fatass fatass mode eliminates squat and deadlift progress because your body already has to physically support 270lb all day

ITT: If you can't DL just above what I can you're shit

Wrong. It should only take about 3 months if you're actually eating and sleeping right. Jesus where did all these fucking DYELs come from?

actually if you didnt pull 405 on your first gym day you should just kys. sounds like none of you faggots did any sports as a kid.

Fuck this thread and everyone in it except the christianposters.

Because he's another autistic shitposter like 95% of this stupid board

Official cutoff:
>590 DL
>Which is 1lbs more than the womens raw world record

if there is a single women on the planet who pulls more than you you are not respectable as a man.

My DL is at 275 and I started lifting in December.

Lmao sad.

ITT: dyels trolling dyels
none of you pull 4plates, dont kid yourselves.

>t. WEAKLING
lmao got ya

Yeah everyone can do gomad and be big fat of shit.

Hur dur Lmao you cant so 4plate while actually you are just doing 2.0 BW deadlifts which is not impressive at all.

All it matters a BW ratio, I cringe shen people boast about their numbers but never state their height and weight.

4 pl8 isn't even a lot of weight lel

it's not but this thread is packed with autistic dyel keyboard warriors. wouldnt be surprised if only 5% of us could pull 4plates

not fatty detected

is it more than 2x bodyweight? 2,5? 3?

I reckon a good 98% of this board cant pull 4pl8 for 5 reps

i can for 1 i think most people here pull it for one if they can

but my 1rm is 515

you did 5/3/1 with a 2pl8 dl?

I DL 495 you faggot.

It depends. By normie standards, yep!
But anyone who knows what theyre doing recognises it is just the beginning of the journey to bein a swole brah.
Look at Lotus, hes a lean and aesthetic 170, and moves 7plaet. Just work hard brahs and always keep em plates increasing.

Ya'll should be ashamed for getting that joke.

Yes. For both normies and all lifters.

Can confirm. Started off as a 300lb hacker and pulled 4pl8 the first time I diddlied after only a few sessions of squiddlies and barbell riddlies.

Depends on your weight and form. Either way yeah it is. Nothing top tier unless you a woman or lightweight but still means you put some work in.

2x bodyweight

>tfw 170, pulled 3 pl8 today
Almost there...

among normies it's a great deadlift

among people who train seriously it's entry level

tfw 60KG pulling 130

It is the "4" in 1/2/3/4. So, yeah, it's the minimum to be able to say you're kinda strong.

Not really tbqh. I see tons of guys pulling 405+ for reps at my gym all the time.

Spend more time on the bar.
Grab the heaviest db and row for 15 or more

So do you ;)

I think it is. I am going to ignore the bs in the thread and post my observations.

Current gym I have been at for 8 months. I am the only person i have seen to pull 405 or more.

Previous Uni Gym (50,000 students)
> one guy pulled 4pl8 for 3 reps. it was his first time doing it. good form.
> saw 2 guys pull it sumo, with straps.
> saw 1 guy pull 6 plates for 3 reps. Biggest DL i have seen in person.

So in 2.5 years of lifting I have only seen 2 other people pull pl8. Even over in /plg a lot of guys aren't there yet.

So I think it is objectively good. Vast majority of Veeky Forums estats. But at a power lifting meet it is not good at all.

I was lifting over 405 at my job.... you don't need to go to the gym to lift fucking babyweight

thanks for sparing me, user.

Also, 405 is a good deadlift if you can maintain form and speed and hit 3 reps.

No. I switch to mixed grip for pulls after 315. No straps ever

I'll use straps if my hands are beat up, I'm doing certain variations (mostly rack pulls or snatch-grip work) or I need to spare my grip for something else in the week. Most of my work is still done with either hook or mixed.

I was able to get 4 plate in like 2 months. I'm giving myself the full year of 2017 for 5 plate.

5 plate is good for most men. Over 6 plate is pretty damn impressive for people of normal body weight.

if you're a twink that is like 5' 5" and weighs 130 or something, then shoot for 3x body weight.

No. That's a like a couple months of lifting for that majority of men. If that. That's less than 3 plate for dudes that are 150 lbs. 2x body weight is an okay squat, but barely even intermediate deadlift.

The real question is when does everyone's grip start to give out? I exclusively deadlift double overhand. My grip starts fading around 335.

I go to the University of Alabama (35000). Junior here. Work out 4 days a week every single week of my life here. I will tell you the heaviest lifts I have seen no estats
>385 bench press for 3 three reps
>Deadlift, 4 plate, not even trolling
>Squat, 6.5 plates, this was from some 250 lb competitive lifter who I don't think works out regularly at university gym

I regularly see a two plate bench press, not much over though generally. Squats are usually shitty form 2.5 plate quarter squats. If you do more than this, you're probably a pretty strong lifter. As for deadlift, I'd say four plates

This. 1/2/3/4 are very respectable stats imo.

I've seen maybe 10 people deadlift in total over 4 different gyms in the last 5 years. Where the fuck do you work out where 4pl8 is normal?

Tranny name?

I'm jaded now, but I remember what it was to hit 405. It's a good feel and decent. If you train for strength specifically though it's painfully average

No

For natty:

1/2/3/4 is good.
2/3/4/5 is top.
3/4/5/6 is olympic genetics territory, or final form.

If not natty:
-none of it matters because you took roids and still can't compete with the best, way to suck

1/2/3/4 is easy for any adult male if you actually train properly (m/w/f full body) and stop worrying about getting all your meme-isolations and meme-extra days in the gym.

Anyone who says other wise probably trains 4-6 times a week doing tons of isolations ontop of their main lifts and simply cant recover properly enough to get strong.

>chick

Austin Kincaid