Thread for discussing your 3 plate benches, 4 plate squats and 5 plate deadlifts

Thread for discussing your 3 plate benches, 4 plate squats and 5 plate deadlifts.

What about 2 plate OHP?

Fuck OHP.

i dont train legs but hopefully i hit 3pl8 bench in 6 month or so

oddly 5pl8 didn't feel like much of a milestone for me

It's like that for every "milestone" it seems. In life, in everything.

What are you pressing atm user?

4pl8 squat was cool to hit, now I'm at 450lbs. But I'm stalling on deads right now at ~415-430lbs.

What can I do? It feels weird that my deads are less than my squats, never been that way up until a few weeks ago. I've decided to drop my deads down to 405 and do multiple reps at that hoping I can start building back up doing 5x1 eventually.. my form isn't anything to write home about either and probably a factor.. any ideas?

i can do 125kg so like lmao2.625pl8

I'm in a q similar position. I pressed 125kg in comp and 130kg in training. However I think it will take a lot longer than 6 months to hit 140kg. More like 10-12 months I think.

I do 1x5 at 315, 1x4 at 365, 1x3 at 405, 1x2 at 455, and 1x1 at 495.

If your squat is higher than your dead, you may want to be honest with yourself and see if you're cheating at your squats.

People don't realise that bench and deads affects ohp a lot, so they do it 1-2 days after, and can't hit it as hard. Space your ohp out after these 2 as much as you can. In fact, deads will kill your bench too. I tend to leave deads for the last day of a week of training as nothing seemingly affects it.

Other than that, it's a lot about form and triceps, which people ignore. Don't use a wide grip, use a grip as wide as it makes your forearms are perpendicular to the floor at the lowest point of the movement. You will feel the most comfortable there, and should be able to just push up without worrying about form. Push with the point of your hand closest to your wrist. Train triceps after presses.

Nah, I'm not cheating at squats I am always recording myself.. I've been doing SL5x5 and I've been progressing every workout, every set.. I don't think I'm getting enough reps deadlifting.

seconding the narrow grip for OHP, makes a huge difference.

does 3pl8 front squat count?

front squat is meant to be between 80-90% of your back squat, so you need a 144kg front squat minimum

144kg=317 lbs, close enough

gj senpai, my best is 140 (but only back squat 160). I have a poverty squat

Regardless though anything above 120 gets stares from normies, one guy even told me I could squat more if I had the bar on my back

thanks m8. i've never seen anyone else at my gym front squat any serious weight. i've had people compliment me on 100kg

>one guy even told me I could squat more if I had the bar on my back

kek, everyone's a coach

any tips to reach 1k on main lifts?

>3 plate benches
you put 1 plate on one end and 2 on the other?

deltlet spotted