Why do you lift Veeky Forums? Genuinely curious about your reasons

Why do you lift Veeky Forums? Genuinely curious about your reasons.

I lift, I'm making great progress but lately I'm asking myself why. The only answer I get is: I'm obsessed with it all. Hbu?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=84cVizR6sPQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It gives me a high and keeps me fit.

It's also nice to see girls mirin. I don't ever act on it but it's a big confidence booster and can make my day

I used to be a fatfuck. I hate cardio. Lifting and calorie/protein counting appeals to my OCD. Now it's habit.

I want to be envied and the best me possible. I want to go back to my high school reunion and see everyone let themselves go while I (and a good few) are still in shape.

Also, trying to be 10/10 for a special someone when the time is right.

The feeling that if I had to, I could mercilessly break someone with my bare hands.

Used to be the fat kid for years, also a gamer. Obviously wanted to look good for girls, hated being fat and wanted to get out of the "gamers are nerd" - stigma by getting more athletic. After a while you start seeing results, you feel good, you socialize in the gym a lot and the whole experience is just it's own thing, eventually needing no side-reasons outside of having fun and feeling good.

It's good fun and it's satisfying to watch numbers go up. I want to be as strong as possible at a lean 86kg.

Sad, pathetic even.

>Got into lifting because of health crazed gf
>Break up a year ago
>Still lifting
>The feels every time I step into the gym

Suck my dick, bitch

To carry firearms, ammo & gear as long as possible with out tiring.

I dont lift.

Two reasons.

1. To find true love and shit

2. To be as radical as possible

It used to be for girls. 100%. It didn't help, of course.

Now I lift because it's one of the only things that stops me from wanting to kill myself. I'm hoping once this depression is finally over at least I'll be shredded.

feels good, stress relieving, I look big/aesthetic as fuck, feels good to look like a god, there u go

Tired of being weak and unaesthetic.
Well I never really was "weak" as I played rugby during my childhood so I had decent stock gains, but I came to realise that I needed more muscle.
>angry at world because of current state of it
>learnt that I'm gonna be 6'2
>lift heavy things up and down again 4-5 times a week so I can intimidate people who I need to and protect those important to me

Because i love lifting heavy objects over my head
Those two hours im in the gym, there is nothing but the barbell and me. No feels, no drama, no nothing. And I rely only on myself. Nothing else is to blame for my failure, and only my coach to thank for progress

A better question would be: how do you handle rest days?

My coach and myself*

Are you in the PLG discord?

My biggest fear in life is letting myself go and becoming a skinnyfat, complacent, dyel normalfag.

I feel so sorry for people who will never experience the feeling of looking in the mirror and being happy with their progress.

I absolutely refuse to become one of them.

ignore the other fag, your reasons are good user. Keep it up!

fuck you

Started lifting because I wanted to get laid

Not after 3 years, I don't enjoy lifting that much anymore but I don't want to give up my body

Hahaha same here. 3 years, still a virgin and now I can't quit due to crippling body dysmorphia.

Just focusing on getting strong now...

1) Keeps my mind away from the anxiety of college and life in general.
2) College forces me to pay for the gym anyways, so might as well use it.

But you are killing yourself. Suicide by lifting. When the old you dies, you'll one day see in a coffee shop reflection, a reborn version of yourself. Keep lifting anonette

What's that?

because i need something to seperate me from others so i can justify my superiority complex

because i want to see how far i can progress naturally, what my body is capable of

because it's fun

Obsession will serve you well

Because it's one of the few things that gets my mind off of troubles and work anymore. I don't even know what I want in life, I just know I want to be fit and healthy.

I basically forced off a bunch of bad habits and have been trying to improve myself since.

What does Veeky Forums think of lifting for girls? Arnold said it's okay. Well, that whatever motivates you to get lifting is okay

I don't lift but I do boxing obsessively, 5 nights a week I'm down the club.

Why? Because I have nothing else in life. I've grown apart from my friends and at the age of 26 I'd reached a point where I finally have no friends at all. I decided to 100% commit to boxing rather than my usual twice a week.

A year later I've met a grill through boxing who also trains there, and I'm a part of a team and surrounded by motivated people with the same goals. I'm happier and I don't spend time around negative people.

Without boxing I'd of probably become a lonely shut in and just smoked weed and eventually killed myself.

>why do you lift
I'm at uni so it's free.

Also trying to be the best possible version of myself.

I don't even know at this point honestly, been going less and less lately because I'm exhausted after the combo of work and school at the end of the day.

for the oncoming racewar, duh

Chin up dude just get back on the horse. You got to be the very best, that no one ever was! Dun dun dun.

I lift because I want to have a good looking beach body and feel 100% at home on the beach. Also to look good for a future Qt wife who will join me on said beaches, applying sun tan lotion to my abs

Because by lifting i do not only lift weight, but i lift my spirit as well. I start feeling good about myself when successfully achieving the goals i set for myself.

It's not really about getting huge, or achieving any beauty ideal for me. It's about making a plan, and seeing it through. So when i have a shit day i can go and do what i'm supposed to be doing and i will feel better having done it, even if it's begrudgingly. This builds discipline.

Anything after that is secondary. The fact that i'm packing on muscles, living healthy and start to look good is merely a byproduct that helps me become more confident.

If you lift for the wrong reasons then yes, i can assure it's not very rewarding and you will loose interest and have another gaping void to fill after your obsession fades.

deep

feels better than not lifting, being lazy and stagnating is a fate worse than death

plus i want cute girls to squeeze my biceps, desu

Lifting will never leave me for the better-looking, more successful guy at work.
Lifting will never be too busy to make time for me.
Lifting will always be there when I need it.
Lifting is the only thing I can count on 100% without fail.
Lifting is the only true friend I have.

boosting self-esteem
observable personal growth
health

>Not lifting for Cheesus crust
Not gonna make it.

I like that. ESP the last line.
Time to befriend my dumbbells. Not mocking you, this is actually one of the more unique motivations I've seen

Because I was tired of being skinny and weak my entire life. Once I started the feeling became addicting, physically and mentally. I felt great about how I looked and it made me more confident and happy as a person. At this point I just genuinely enjoy going to the gym for a couple hours a day.

Oh and girls like it too.

1.) Girls will notice

2.) Other guys aren't so quick to try and punk me now that i'm bigger

3.) I love the post-workout high

4.) It gives me routine for my day

For a large part of my youth (up until I was 24), I pretty much lead an unfulfilling, pathetic life. I was super anxious about everything and so I sat on my ass 24/7 and was overweight as a result (never needing to buy two plane tickets-tier, but it was noticeable), I had no friends, disgusting hygiene, I put zero effort into everything I did. I had no skills to speak of, I wasn't good at anything. A huge fucking loser, basically.

I don't know what triggered it, maybe just the culmination of everything together, but one day I just woke up and my mindset changed. I signed up to a gym, started taking piano lessons, experimented with hobby groups to find something I liked and make friends and generally got my shit together in every area of my life. This was 5 years ago now. This year I think I'm going to look for latin classes.

I see a lot of "how do I...?" threads on here and if there is anyone in this thread that asks those type of questions, the answer is simple: just do it. There is no quick and easy solution. You won't go from zero to hero quickly. Its a grind. Nothing in life worth having is ever easy outside of sheer dumb luck. I know anxiety can make doing things tough, but theres no quick and easy solution for that either - drugs are a crutch you do not want. You just need to buckle the fuck up and do it, which sucks, but it gets easier.

>tfw prof from my uni offers free latin classes
east coast best coast

Jelly, I'll probably need to pay a fair bit for mine once I find somewhere.

Because I enjoy pulling things towards me, only to later push them away.

I started lifting because I was insecure and had low self esteem because I was fat. I also knew my oneitis really liked buffed guys.
2 years later I'm not insecure anymore, athletic and hooked up with my oneitis a few times.
Keep at it because I want to be the best version of myself ans because I get mired regularly and a good body together with a good personality and social skills makes you almost irresistable to girls. Don't often act on it but when I do I score 9 out of 10 times.
As for my oneitis. I still love her but at the same time fucking hate her. I have her on a pedestal in my mind but she's a big a slut diagnosed with borderline.
Had the chance to go into a relationship with her but never did because I knew it would wreck my personal life and I can't control her disorder. It would most likely make me revert back to the same insecure fatty I used to be. But at the same time I only want her and nobody else and pull away from any good girl that wants to get serious with me. It really fucks with me head sometimes.
For example I'm going out with a qt albanian law student tonight and I heard my oneitis ex will be there just now. Chances are she'll jump my bones and I'll drop the qt and take my ex back home with me instead of the albanian qt. I fucking hate that I love her.
Best advice I can give, never ever fall or be attracted to a person with BPD. Sorry for the blogpost but here a pic of my ex to make up for it.

You just blew my mind anonette

I want to model the clothes I make.

To stay sane

>I haven't lifted a weight in a gym in 1.5 months

>I see a lot of "how do I...?" threads on here

You know, the thing that you want to do and are not doing right now? Just start doing it!

Why the hell not my man?

That's a cool hobby. Can I see some?

Former auschwitz resident. Not lifting makes me literally hate myself.

why does that arm have two elbows?

led an extremely mundane and boring life with no real goals or wants other than to relax and play vidya. after the third or fourth time getting low key turned down by a girl i liked something broke. moped around for a while hating myself etc. something changed, channelled all of my built up resentment into lifting and running instead of being a depressed motherfucker. 6 months later havent looked back

Exactly, but lots hold out hope that there's going to be an easy solution to whatevers stopping them doing the thing. Sometimes whats obvious just needs to be said.

It gives me direction in my life. In the past if I didn't have a gf (most of the time), and I wasn't working towards school, I'd just get really depressed and sit in the dark. Since college started, I've had a free gym membership and I'm in the best shape of my life. Feelin great

I want to be able to cosplay as buff characters and not look completely terrible in the costume.

It's a weak ass motivation but if I want to wear silly costumes I might as well look good. Hell I thought of intentionally getting fit and cosplaying as fat characters just to piss people off.

so I get hungry enough to eat more so I can cook more delicious shit. because it feels good. and because it's cathartic.

>Cuz I'm losing it and staying sane is weird
>I really need to get back in the gym,. but I am done, if I continue on this path I will be done

I lift to stay healthy, I spend like 12 hours a day in front of a computer, I think I'd be fucked if I didn't lift. Plus it's much easier for me to work out regularly (lifting + swimming) than to keep a strict diet, so if I didn't lift I'd be a fatass. Plus I enjoy it, it's the greatest feeling in the world to beat your PR.

Compliments my running by increasing the strength and power of my strides, helps prevent injury, using lactate as an energy source (though can be better done just running at anaerobic thrrshold), and keeping good form.

It feels better than staying home and getting mad at video games. I've never been so motivated to keep doing something physically strenuous since being a kid and learning about fapping.

military. and fuck the pot head retards, showing them up daily gives me life.

I lift for jiu jitsu.

Because my life is just work right now. Without lifting, I would feel like I'm just a slave to the system. Lifting gives me hop of a better tomorrow,

Great at getting rid of stress and keeping calm and happy
People don't start shit with me
Healthy
Less likely to get injured if I fall or something
I can easily lift things around the house others would struggle with
Makes me well respected by others
I like the way I look

i dont lift i come here to laugh at the gays and manlets

This. Race war/civil war is coming. People are going nuts lately. I dont want to be too weak to defend my loved ones.

To look better and feel better. It is a great compensation for working on the PC all day too. I used to be the lord of skeletons and only sit in front of the computer all day, now people also take me more serious. Too bad it did not cure my anxious mindset towards girls i have from this time.

At first, it was to get girls.
Now I just love it and can't imagine not doing it. The female attention is nice, of course, but I just genuinely enjoy doing it, grills mirin' or not.

army, chair force, navy or muhrines

Lifting is totally radical

if girls still make you anxious that just means that you haven't suffered enough yet but dont worry just when we think we have it al we loose it all but that just living i guess

2nd'd

Are you a bunny

I lift because I'm scared of stagnating.

If everything else in my life is going to shit, at least my body is getting better.

Kind of a mis-kept secret but back in middle-school i was a fat, obnoxious loser who had a crush on cute volleyball player and got cuck'd after harboring a deep-seared crush for 3 years.

It's all good just know that bitches come and go faster the chewing gum.

Still a bit sad over it but who' gives a shit

How so?

makes me feel more in control of my life. It also teaches you great life lessons to success in any endeavor

If I didn't work out I would be fat and out of shape.

Being fat is not healthy.

This. I also feel better and have more energy

Sounds like you're cucking yourself hard-body by giving yourself shit self-talk in regards to hyper-hoe

Don't sweat it nigga

But yeah, women are satan in drag, glad you found out recently.

Always hated my self. Never felt I was good enough, used vidya to escape for my entire life but now I'm second year of uni I'm kinda growing out of them so I needed something else and I chose getting Veeky Forums. Now it's an addiction to see those numbers go up every week and it's the only thing I look forward too in the day except for the moments when I can just lay on my bed and not worry about anything. My life is slowly slipping away from me and lifting is the only thing keeping me here.

Self improvement, simple as that. I'm tired of seeing a fat lazy fuck in the mirror.

I live in Canada, and I see what's happened in Europe, and that the government and most citizens want it to happen here too.

I want to be strong to defend myself and those I care about from the fucking savages that are pouring in.

At first it was for girls but then I realized that's stupid so now I do it for the dude in the mirror.

1. To better myself
2. To not have 50y old body when 30.
3. Post workout high,
4. Sick bants with friends.

Mate give me advice, do I lose weight first then bulk or work out while losing weight?

>hurr durr i like to check myself out in the mirror like a haughty autist

faggot.

you fuck

So I can leave humanity behind, so I don't feel uncomfortable when wearing a shirt that is a little to tight, and for my 2d anime waifu.

Implying you'll ever like your body no matter how huge you get

Because of the pump.

youtube.com/watch?v=84cVizR6sPQ

Army sucks when you're out of shape. Unless armoured reserve.

Because i hate my life. I have a seemingly great life and theres no reason i shouldnt be happy. But by lifting, it gives me some sense of progress. something i can wake up and say "hey, im slightly better than i was yesterday."

When i stop lifting, i lose that feeling and i hate myself even more. By lifting i hold that feeling off by one more day.