ITT: how to spot betas at the gym

ITT: how to spot betas at the gym

>intentionally leave weights on the barbell
>guy doesn't call me out and goes over to take them off like a good little cuck

Other urls found in this thread:

trojans360.tumblr.com/post/156454334939/gym-intimidation-at-lyon-youre-not-alone
youtube.com/watch?v=tiGhrqM3kko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Cuck cucking himself out of sweet sweet unracking gains
>Calls other people cucks.

I hate faggots like you.
My school gym has been overrun by NYR fags and they fucking leave dumbbells and plates everywhere.
Someone tried to run on the treadmill with a plate before the front desk lady told him to cut that shit out.

Kill yourself nigger

>how to spot a beta in the gym

Look for people doing social experiments

Spot the pajeet

I wanna punch this guy's face so much.

>see an akward dude doing a 1lmaopl8 press
>he barely finishes his set
>see him grabbing the plate to unrack
>see him smirk and stop in the middle of the process of it
>grab his plates of the barbell for my 1000kg legpress, LIGHTWEIGHT BABY
>softly hear him chuckle and say beta under his breath

>how to spot betas at the gym

Just look into the mirror, OP

not gonna lie, I always leave the 45 plates on the barbell since people usually bench that much. sucks for nyr faggots tho

Most people don't warm up with that though.

>is so insecure that he has to compare himself to everyone else just to reassure himself that he's 'not a beta', whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean
Meanwhile the rest of us don't even think about stupid shit like 'alpha vs. beta' and just do our work, get our gains, and overall have a LIFE. Do enjoy your false dichotomy, or whatever the fuck you get out of it.

>chantards calling out other guys for being betas and cucks

Irony here being that OP is a pasty white kid built like a cornstalk

>guy leaves his weights on the bar
>tfw someone got my warm up weight ready for me

Thanks faggot

I hate people

This. I started back in May last year and my 1rm bench is 225. I warm up with 90, 110, 135.

My uni runs a tumblr student blog. Some freshman girl wrote about how "intimidating" the gym is.

trojans360.tumblr.com/post/156454334939/gym-intimidation-at-lyon-youre-not-alone

>“How many more sets do you have?” was a question I received countless of times uttered in the same masculine tone, only minutes after I claimed myself a rack.

>It took months before I could look some guy in the eye and respond curtly with, “I’ve only started, sorry.”

>My first few experiences with this subconscious gym intimidation made me uncomfortable; I felt out of place claiming a rack, only to squat less than 100 pounds. I was socially pressured to feel that my workout was less important than my fellow male peers because I was not physically up to par.

>As a disclaimer, I have never been outrightly disrespected by any of the men I’ve encountered at Lyon.

>My discomfort could have all been internal, but that does not make it invalid.

desu I find it pretty absurd because 1) I'm literally autistic and even I have no problem telling someone I just started using a rack, and 2) the gym is full of really nice dudes who know a lot about lifting and basically taught me everything I know.

3bh I bought home weights because I don't want to embarass myself in the gym with pitiful lifts

what is a respectable curl?

Jeeesus. Women need to harden the fuck up.

>>My discomfort could have all been internal, but that does not make it invalid.
Fucking women.

Actually most guys need to learn to be a little more polite, regardless of whether it's a guy or a girl.

>"How many sets left?"
>" I just started"
Fuck off, that wasn't the question you mong. Either tell me a number or offer to work in you nuthead.

People like this genuinely need to be put in a mental ward. They are unfit to exist in society

I bet you feel real cool, you got him man
Why do you find it necessary to be an asshole and then brag about it here?

I don't respect women, except mum.

Also she acts like the only people who lift here are dudes. It's not uncommon to see women squatting over 2pl8 or deadlifting over 2.5pl8. Generally a pretty fit student body.

Also this.

>Even before arriving at USC, I have always felt that, as a female weightlifter, my presence was not always completely welcome by the bodybuilding bros, especially during gym peak hours when it becomes every man for himself to claim fitness equipment.

>Gym intimidation is very real, especially in the weight room, since so many girls tend to stick to the mats or cardio equipment. There is a subconscious voice in the back of my head that tells me what I’m doing is unladylike, or that I simply don’t belong on the floor surrounded by sweaty, grunting men.

>Perhaps it is the product of societal sexist pressures I have grown up facing or the prevailing stereotype that women shouldn’t lift weights or attempt to bulk — which is ridiculous considering the vast female fitness community online.

>Calls herself a weightlifter
>Talks about bulking
>Squats less than 100lbs

Gym bully masterrace reporting in. Run that bitch. I've been doing this social experiment to see who is alpha and who is beta in my gym. Turns out 99% of my gym is beta. What I'll do is I will purposely leave my weights on the bar and dumbbells on the floor after I'm done. I think I've had maybe only one or two wanna- be tough guys actually say something to me. Everyone else just deals with it. Some even rerack them for me. If this social experiment has taught me anything it's that most people are intimidated by authoritative figures and will do almost anything to avoid confrontation followed immediately by pain administrated by said authoritative figures.

>mfw I see beta dyels rerack my weights like the cockroaches they are.

a respectable curl is one youre not doing.

no but really, who cares? respectable curl? probably 80lb barbell. no one really cares as long as you're not doing anything dumb. people in the gym understand more than others because they actually know what it takes to increase your lifts. just lift with proper ROM and form and that's all that matters.

i don't make fun of the guy who goes to the squat rack and squats 185, but i make fun of the asian dyel that goes to the smith and is quarter squatting 140 by bouncing up and down as fast as possible to try to impress some random chick. dont swing the weight when you curl, dont quarter squat, and learn correct form. after that, you really dont have anything to worry about.

I don't know. Most guys I've met at the gym seem to be pretty polite. Asking how many sets someone has left is a common question and not really impolite.

what if the guy literally does not give a fuck that you're messing shit around and he just wants to work out?

Shut up weeb

>"How many sets do you have left" needs to be polite
you're a pussy

are you a fucking idiot? why do you care about the weight on curls?

youtube.com/watch?v=tiGhrqM3kko

you really think this 230lbs mass of muscle cares about what some indian/shitskin thinks when he's lifting fucking babysized dumbbells and LMFAO machines?

> being a dick is a "social experiment"

This is why everyone hates millennials.

I don't get why people sperg out over simple gym conversations.

>Asking about sets left
>Asking to work in
>Asking for a spot

People get all in their head about this shit. No one cares.

When someone asks how many sets you have left they are wondering if you will be vacating the rack shortly. If you are, they're going to hang around. If you're not, they're going to fuck off somewhere else. I have no idea why people enter this panic mode of like "oh shit he wants to know how many sets I have left, what ever shall I do".

strong projection from the immature paste eating inbred detected lmfao.

what's it like knowing that you're still in high school and yet you've already got a severe, irreversible case of erectile dysfunction you petulant bitch?

>No one has ever actually disrespected me
>But all this stuff I'm inventing in my head really makes me feel bad

Most people are clueless and "I just started" usually means I can work in or go do some other exercise first. Don't be an autist.

No one really cares about what you lift btw
People are just trying to work out, no on's worrying about you
I got a home gym tho but only because it's convenient

>Offer people to work in
>"We're with 2 though"
>Don't care since I need rest anyway
Made lots of friends by sharing machinery and such, way more fun now.

y u mad tho

fite me irl fagget

When someone asks if they can work in with me. I usually reply by saying "Yeah bro! And then after we're done sharing the rack maybe we can go back to your house and I can fuck your wife while you watch. It won't make you a cuck though bro."
Then I scoff at them and put my headphones back in.

They are the medium size people who can be seen intentionally leaving weights on barbells when smaller people are waiting for them to finish.

Not really, I've had this moment plenty of times and it's always a 50/50 whether they share or not. It's not autistic to want to know the DURATION they're going to take it. Some people will take 10 minutes and others a full hour.

Wanting information is not autistic user :^)

Jesus what a fucking simpleton gobbling up whatever she heard on her instagram about body image and women and weights and spitting it out when its not even relevant

women are an actual meme

worldwide ban on heterosexuality when? (no homo)

Holy shit this autistic alpha/beta shit is so fucking old, it's not even funny ironically anymore. This board is literally more autistic than /fa

Beta detected.

This place is pathetic. It's turned into a permanent episode of "/r9k/ goes to the gym". You used to be able to get decent advice and banter from Veeky Forums. Now Reddit is infinitely better.

Sad.

Saw a girl using seated calf raise machine as a leg press, then 5 mins later a guy doing the same thing

>Reddit
OK kiddo you get the fuck out and don't come back. Have a peepee for the road

how does that image work
i've always wondered

Shit like this is why I think gyms should be gender segregated.

Double dubs because it's true. Women need to man up

Lifting less than your male counterparts
>use that for motivation

"how many sets do you have left?"
>number, you can work in if you want

absolutely stupid

this

Literally just creating a problem, she is making a hassle for everyone for nothing. Like what, is she expecting people to put up signs on the rack saying it's busy? Fucking retarded the whole thing

>As a disclaimer, I have never been outrightly disrespected by any of the men I’ve encountered at Lyon.
> b-b-but they're strong and that makes me feel uncomfortable :'(

this cunt needs to drink a cup of bleach

>Invalid
>You keep using that word but I do not think it means what you think it does.
I could've made it up in my own head but that doesn't make it invalid. It is the very definition of invalid.

yes this is how most women work and the society actually pampers them for it. Most women remain mentally children because they're never expected to be adults, in a same way most homedogs remain puppies

>inb4 /r9k/
I said most, not all

>Petulant
Someone has been hitting their SAT flash cards!

>Girl self identifies as a "weightlifter"
>Scared of other people who lift weights

I can already tell she's taking sociology and women studies.

>intimidated

Actually, no. Not the case at all. I actually rack the weights when I see them in a mess. So do many others at my gym. It's more like a "wow, whoever did this is quite an egotistical dumbass" type of action. People fix them as a nod to the next guy. Dumbasses who are caught up in their own world such as yourself wouldn't understand.

If anything, I pity people like you.

>Just when I begin to feel comfortable in my place at the weight room, a masculine voice interrupts my workout pop-music jam with that redundant, subconsciously misogynistic question: “How many more sets do you have?”

>Asking someone how many sets they have left is now misogyny

Wow you're new.

This man gets it

>falling for double layered bait

>just get to the gym and notice it's packed
>ask gurl how many sets she has left in the squat rack
>“Why won’t you ask the other guy who’s been here longer than me and is on his phone?”

if this happened to me I don't even know how I would respond, that's just plain rude wtf

>>guy doesn't call me out and goes over to take them off like a good little cuck
I always do this while repeating "this azy ass sons of bitches, take the damn wiehgts and never put them back, I swear one day" and then death stare them.

Some of these guys have started putting the weigths back

>resting between sets
>see where some dickhead has reracked a bunch of 5/10lb plates together out of order
>autism kicks into overdrive, can't resist overwhelming urge to order the weights properly
fuck me, cucked again

wait...you're supposed to take the weights off?

PNGs can use transparencies when full size but not as thumbnails

>that guy who ACTUALLY squats

Holy fuck I can't even express.

>tfw all you want is a men-only gym to avoid women and their bullshit
>tfw if someone ever tried to start one they would be protested and sued into closing

that was my favorite line

epin

>It's not uncommon to see women squatting over 2pl8

I rarely see this though.

>Redundant

What does she mean by this?

No they just think you're retarded.

same here. if someone asks how much longer i'll be on the rack, i always offer to let them work in. i've made a few gymbros this way .

>he took the third-level bait

I think she believes that any man who asks her how many sets she has left is trying to use that as coded language as saying "get the fuck off the rack, you don't belong here because you're a women".

Or she believes that the person asking should simply infer from seeing her in the rack that she has multiple sets left, and therefore has no real reason to ask her how many sets she has left other than to be misogynistic.

Either way she's a moron.

You're trying too hard to impress. Remember it's a gym, not a prisom yard. But I wouldn't expect it considering you're not part of the "be kind, rewind" generation.

>what is a respectable curl?
past 180 degrees

how to spot beta in the gym?

>look for people watching others and using the word "beta" to describe someone.
>"uses the word 'cuck'"

Wtf i go to USC too kek

so by your logic, it's alpha to tell people to re-rack weight... that's interesting, because the inverse of that would be not telling people to re-rack weights yet still re-racking weighs, also by your logic.... so here we have alpha and beta, then we have specimen gamma, aka the "new year's resolutioner", or some entity that has new year's resolutioner-esque qualities... that's where you fall in. I could literally crush you. I could beat the absolute goddamn fuck out of you. While as a correctional officer, I dealt with people who would make you shit you're little baby bitch mama nipple-sucking ass right then and there. I think I speak for everyone when I say, shut the fuck up, you little bitch.

Why would a girl want men to be less masculine? Is she a lesbo?

This thread is making me fucking rage, I'm out bros

No I think your mom never made you pick up your toys. I put the shit back necause I feel for the gym staff. They often will say thanks.

you dont say that because you're a little bitch.

ITT: How to make betas at the gym
>See that they leave 1pl8lmao on bench
>add 2 more plates

Is this what an autismo sperg out looks like?

This fucking pic makes me irrationally angry everytime I see it.

Fuck killing thugs if I decide to off myself one day, I'll kill these shitbags instead, but since they are so weak to fight back probably the police will be in charge of finishing me off

>see a dyel benching less than 1pl8
>not even the day i bench
>put on 1.5pl8
>bang out 10 reps
>see in his eyes the intimidation
LMAO when will dyels learn to not come to the gym

this guy gets it