I JUST LOST 90K ELIX

What the fucking fuck guys, I just logged on to MEW and **all** of my ELIX was gone. I looked on etherscan and it had been transferred to some other wallet and then split and sent off into like 10 different ones straight away.

I'm fucking distraught. I poured in all of my spare money into this. How the FUCK has someone taken this away from me?

God fucking dammit how the fuck has some stranger stolen all my god damn freaking shitting ELIX fucking fuck I want it back guys can I contact MEW support or anything? I know I can't but my god I was happy with that stack

Could this be because I logged in at an internet cafe last week? I had the keystore file on my email address but I deleted it from that PC as soon as I was done with it

Fucks sake, it sucks knowing my money is gone especially knowing it was probably going to increase in value so much. Fuck people man

I hope this is a LARP. Some guy on Veeky Forumsrecently lost 18 grand worth of OMG, because he posted his private key on a phishing site.

No, ahh...I think I just realised what it was. I used the same password for my wallet as I did for my email address that I have had for years. My email address must also be compromised and once the keystore file was in it...game over man

Better make a new email address and change the password at least once every 11 years

Fucking shitcunt

Let me guess you participated in some
>airdrop
where you had to give your private key?

> storing a keystone in an e-mail address

I think I should become a scammer. This shit seems too easy

bump

What email service?

Doesnt even gmail/yahoo stop people from logging in who arent in your area you live in.

Probably didn't have 2fa enabled.
Saged anyways.

Leave your coins in the fucking exchanges, they are save these days.

Fuck mew and other scam wallets

lololololo
and people wonder why use a hardware wallet

I'm always surprised by the sheer debility of some people.

this is why i don't fuck with mew

its not mews fault.

if you used the same email and password combination on an exchange that you used for your email you'd get fucked over too.

>using the same password on websites that have your sensitive information

You have no one to blame but yourself, user.

Dats fucked up OP

How did they get your password?

Lucky I have a special password just for emailz

i should reiterate. i'm a lazy fuck that reuses passwords. if i can't 2fa it, i don't fuck with it. there was some guy that tried to 2fa mew and it ended up being a scam so i'm paranoid. good thing etherdelta isn't connected to my email

use a password service. its a single point of failure but your current strategy is a less secure single point of failure

you get 2fa via a hardware wallet

kek

you put your keystore file in your email?

are you serious?

>email
I have my keys backed up in an encrypted email but the files are also in an encrypted zip. Don't be an idiot. So even if they managed to hack me and all of my security layers, they are still not getting shit from me.