Post brainlet fedora-tier memes that might have captivated you when you were 8

Other urls found in this thread:

sentimentalcorp.org
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_demography
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_demography
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_the_Catholic_Church
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>problematic
This word has been ruined for me by those people.

I shared this on my social media almost 8 years ago as a mid-teen. I hope no one older than 18 still likes this sort of images.

It's stupid to say that most people who do all of these things are slaves because it's what is best for most people but I don't really see what is wrong with challenging the notion that they are universal imperatives, at least for some of them.

The via 9gag just tops it off 2bh

Dubs of truth

Only 90s kids will remember this.

But that's correct.
>in b4 some retard posts that Irish monk saving books, forgetting that Christian monks saved only the books they deemed interesting enough
>i.e. about God, not science

Also you left out the part where we could be exploring the galaxy by now

>t-t-t-t-t-t-the dark ages n-n-n-n-never happened
lemme guess, you're christian

that word was always used by those kind of people lmao just say bad nigga u aint a big brain cause u usin latin words

Stutter moar faggot maybe that will make the dark ages real

>rome was sacked by christians
t. ge*manic

Does anyone have any good counter-arguments/sources to the claim the Dark Ages 'didn't happen' and that the Christians were 'saviours of science'?

> sentimentalcorp.org

>that wasnt real communism!
>communism works on paper!
>the soviet union and china arnt actually communist!

The sad part is this is still being used by atheists on twitter.

Christians destroyed many temples and ancient tombs because they were pissed about the persecution, they did more damage than the germanic invasions

lost technologies of the roman empire

>Christians destroyed many temples and ancient tombs
Most old pagan temples were just converted into churches. What tombs did they destroy as revenge for the persecution?
>they did more damage than the germanic invasions
Yeah, urbanizing and civilizing all of Europe was so damaging. Why are most atheists historically illiterate retards?

>What tombs did they destroy as revenge for the persecution?
Nero's tomb comes to mind, they destroyed it and built another church on it

Good thing we've moved past that image

As a matter of fact, no Communist thinker ever explained what Communism was in detail. All of them was very explicit on the faults of Capitalism, all of them described Communism in some way, but not a single one went into the details.

They will say: From everyone according to their means, to everyone according to their need and will forgot to say why anyone would feel like producing according to their means.

I can get behind this

>the dark ages happened
>there was no progress in mid EVIL times

Someone please post the one true version.

>get a job
Yes with a job you can be a productive member of society and get money to pay for food and other necessities. What are you going to to? Be a worthless NEET that doesn't do anything?
>go to work
Yes if you have a job you have to work. It's simple logic.
>get married
You don't have to if you don't want to.
>have children
Again you don't have to.
>follow fashion
Wear what you want, your choice. Just don't wear anything super weird. Dress normally.
>act normal
Yes when in public act normal. Act however you want when you are at home.
>walk on the pavement
If you don't want to be hit by a car.
>watch TV
You don't have to.
>obey the law
Yes like everyone else. Laws are supposed to be followed.
>save for your old age
This is more of a good advice. But you don't have to listen to it.

>Most old pagan temples were just converted into churches.
and yet you complain when mudslimes turn your churches into mosques

>From everyone according to their means, to everyone according to their need and will forgot to say why anyone would feel like producing according to their means.
Market economy based on consumption of wants, not needs, earned through labor. Tankies and wokies hate me because I advocate consumerist market economy Marxism where you have to work to get ahead.

You know theyve discovered a roman era mathematical treatise describing calculus a thousand years before its modern invention? It was recovered with multispectral imaging because some christian monk, those preservers of ancient knowledge that christians tout about had scrubbed it off the parchement and used it to write down prayers.

Jokes on you, my Irish monk saved calculus from destruction!

The pagan temples were converted into churches because they were abandoned. Churches still have many worshippers

>Source: my ass

Romans also descovered the steam engine, but it never took hold since they thought it would damage their slave trade.

Scientific progress cannot exist in societies without moral progress.

>Romans also descovered the steam engine
Gonna need a source on that one.

>DURRRRRR CHILDRENS TOY IS DA STEAM ENGINE
Just ignore him, he's a retard.

This is true though

that's because they're brown

>A military man and a guy doing the nazi salute.
>these men don't create hard times.

Shut the fuck up.

Just for you, young fedora.

>christians
>urbanized and civilized europe
Wrong buddy, population and production levels of pagan rome were not surpassed by christian nations until the industrial revolution

I can make up bullshit too.

>population and production levels of pagan rome were not surpassed by christian nations until the industrial revolution
Actually you're wrong buddy. The estimated peak population of the Roman Empire was 56 million people: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_demography
The population of Europe during the high medieval period was an estimated 100 million: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_demography
But that's not even what I was talking about. I was talking about the expansion of Christian civilization and the urbanization of Northern Europe, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, and Britiain.

Every atheist meme ever, but that's when I was 15. I was devout when I was 8.

Go right ahead, you Christians are real good at making up bullshit.
Population increasing overall has nothing to do with Christianity. Also,
>comparing only the empire to all of europe
Again, Christianity had very little to do with urbanization in Scandinavia.

>Population increasing overall has nothing to do with Christianity.
Then why the hell did you bring it up In the first place? Retracting your statement now because you were totally proven wrong?
>comparing only the empire to all of europe
Are you suggesting that all of Europe during the Roman Empire was more populous than during the high medieval ages? If not then why bring this up?
>Christianity had very little to do with urbanization in Scandinavia.
It most certainly did. The introduction of Christianity was instrumental in ending the Viking ages and spreading knowledge of European civilization. To claim otherwise is completely historically ignorant.

>abandoned.
through violent persecution maybe

I didn't make the original claims that Christianity "urbanized" Europe, tard.

I never said you did, what are you talking about you brainlet?

>implying it's false
the scientific advancement axis is made up bullshit but denying the christian dark ages set us back hundreds of years is revisionism

>christian dark ages

>the dark ages weren't caused by christianity

It was caused by krauts. thats why the Christianized Roman Empire lasted another thousand years in the East.

>Dark Ages were bad

>implying the fact christianity gave society cohesion negates the fact christianity ruined learning for the masses

>The dark ages were a real thing

Why dont whites just convert any way? Its the same bum ass religion with arabic word base as opposed to hebrew.

Yeah those Christians sure ruined learning for the masses by building the first universities in Europe, writing histories, developing the scientific method, and spreading civilization all throughout Europe.

They were, or do you have the missing historical documents?

>by building the first universities in Europe
literally shuts down plato's academy because "muh paganism"
>writing histories
hmm guess we don't miss documentation on the period after all
>developing the scientific method
OH NO NO NO NO
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHA
>spreading civilization all throughout Europe
aka genociding native pagans

>Durr some parts of Europe weren't as well sourced as others therefore dark ages

>shutting down one academy
>they built no universities

Retard.

>literally shuts down plato's academy because "muh paganism"
The academy had already been dead for some time when it was shut down
>hmm guess we don't miss documentation on the period after all
Not really, the Roman Empire in the 500s was the best sourced time period in its existence, supposedly during the spooky "dark ages".
>aka genociding native pagans
Pagans were mainly forcefully converted, not genocided. But what I'm talking about is the urbanization and civilization of Europe during the medieval ages.
Sorry to interrupt your laughing fit with facts, but it was medieval clergy who were the top scientists of their time and who laid the groundwork for the science of the enlightenment and the modern day. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_the_Catholic_Church

what happened to internet atheism in 2013? something as tame as saying you went to church got tons of angry anons attacking you.

That's what the Dark Ages refers to, dude. Also to deny that there was a overall marked decline in civilization, society, and almost everything from ~300 well to ~1000 and beyond is plain dishonesty, Carolignian renaissaince notwithstanding (which has less to do with their religion than the fact that they controlled a lot of land and brought peace to it, in fact I'd say neither Christianity nor paganism is to be credited or blamed for civilization but it has much more to do with what countries control).

The crusades pushed back scientific progress 600 years

>The academy had already been dead for some time when it was shut down
>that means it doesn't count :-DDDDDD
>Not really, the Roman Empire in the 500s was the best sourced time period in its existence, supposedly during the spooky "dark ages".
not even close to as well documented as pre christian rome
>Pagans were mainly forcefully converted, not genocided
>the only alternative to conversion was death
>not genocide
>the urbanization and civilization of Europe during the medieval ages
>implying europe wasn't urbanizing before christianity
bragging that christianity at some points assisted in the preservation of science is like setting your own house on fire and then bragging that you tried to put it out

How?

I was trying to posting a meme some teens believe. I knew this muslim kid in High School who would say that, he thought muslims were really advanced at the time, and the crusades got rid of all their knowledge. We'd all be in space right now with our android gfs if it werent for those damn crusades.

>that means it doesn't count
Yeah pretty much, considering there was no learning going on there anymore. why keep a place open when it's been abandoned?
>not even close to as well documented as pre christian rome
Actually it was on par with pre-Christian Rome, and certainly better than the crisis of the third century.
>implying europe wasn't urbanizing before christianity
It was, but you can't deny that Christian missionaries who spread civilization across Europe didn't play a significant part in that.
>like setting your own house on fire and then bragging that you tried to put it out
What a terrible analogy, it implies that the Roman Empire was somehow more scoentifically advanced than the high medieval ages which is complete nonsense. The church didn't just "assist in the preservation of science sometimes" they laid the groundwork for the scientific method. Maybe you should a few minutes of research on something like this instead of just buying into Draper's anti-Christian propaganda.

There is absolutely no way a pre-industrial world with a comparatively smaller population would be able to produce anything in an amount similar to the 1750s in gross units, thats a bullshit chart. have fun being a brainlet

I unironically spouted shit like that when I was a teenager, pretty shameful

>why keep a place open when it's been abandoned?
>implying the academy was actually abandoned
>implying that's the reason it was shut down
cute how you try to evade reality, manipulating facts to your advantage in true christian fashion

>Actually it was on par with pre-Christian Rome, and certainly better than the crisis of the third century.
no, it wasn't. it took centuries to have as good historical documentation as we had on pre christian rome again

>you can't deny that Christian missionaries who spread civilization across Europe didn't play a significant part in that
i can, they didn't, christianity did not demand any more urbanization than any of the traditional european religions did

>What a terrible analogy
it isn't, if christianity didn't threaten sciencific thought it wouldn't need to be saved in the first place

Wow, that entire post is just:
>I'm going to deny these facts because I don't like what they say
Pretty typical for an atheist desu. Not gonna give you the satisfaction of any more (you)s after this because it's clear you won't accept anything that doesn't fit into your narrow worldview.

Maybe if the mongols didn't rape the fuck out of Baghdad and its house of wisdom

I unironically think that they're still here, they just got (and get) shut down so effectively by fedora memes that most no longer bother posting because it isn't cool anymore.

Not an argument.

>proto-kangdoms

Gets me every time.

>hurr Europe is the entire world
>literally nothing happened in China, India, or the Near East for 500 years

>Nero
You mean the most incompetent and universally despised emporer of all time?

>>walk on the pavement
>If you don't want to be hit by a car.
Remember when cars didn't exist and you could just walk right next to the horse-led carriages? Fuck the 20th century, cars are easily among the top 5 worst things to ever happen to cities

A Christian Roman Empire free from krauts would have established an intergalactic Roman hegemony thoughout the universe by now.

>falling for christian propaganda

>t. Unabomber

Imagine being this retarded

I can't even

>ignoring the fact that the most critical documentation of Nero was written generations before Christianity became mainstream
Why areyou even on this board?

Uhhh, who tf applies dark ages to anywhere outside of Western Europe? That’s like applying china’s warring states period to the whole world. Dark ages is a stupid myth but you are equally stupid for ever thinking historical periods are universal.

I think he was pointing out the retarded “we’d be exploring the galaxy by now” is flawed

>That’s like applying china’s warring states period to the whole world

China's economy actually caused inflation in Rome through the silk trade, maybe not such a great example.

>Melbourne
Explain this meme.

Freedom is overrated.

you really think creationists hold up to any of those men?