/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Revenge of UVXY edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0akBdQa55b4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>stocklets

Damn today was a pos.
Onwards to tomorrows slaughter

Can someone please explain limit to me?
>Stock at 2.71
>Place limit buy at 2.73 for 500 shares
>Stock is now in 2.80s

I know it's not a guaranteed thing but I didn't get any and this is a bit upsetting. Robin seemingly won't allow me to buy at market for this particular stock either

Finally broke even on ALT after hours today.

Current trajectory looking good.

They usually block market buys in afterhours on most stocks because you could get fucked over easily since there's a lot less volume.

RH's after hours price tracking is pretty poor too. Look on Nasdaq's site under after hours trading for a particular stock to get an idea of what it's really going for

Can I actually hodl. Or these fucks just sell it themselves when hodl si too long? I lost a lot of profits on forex that way

>Not buying $RIOT
Do you hate money?

If you buy on margin and lose more than your margin maintenance your portfolio might get liquidated

Thanks for these BIOA bags, guys.

>RIOT
What do they do? What are they going to do with Blockchain technology?? How are they gonna monetize it?

recession soon

R8 mah gains from today.

EBAY have mercy

So example is I bought natural gas. It started to moon
But Forex broker had limits on how long can I hodl.
Plan was buy low, leave all shit behind, then come back months later and reap shekels.
But one day I logged in and shit was sold forcefully. I got the money, but I wanted to hodl long term. Couldnt do it.

Dont buy commodities through CFD scam brokers like etoro or XM. They stop hunt and literally trade against you. Trade commodities directly on the futures exchange, in your case, natural gas is traded on the NYMEX or the ICE

Nigger crumbs today

My earnings for most companies is next few weeks tho

How much did you start off with? Or your a richfag?

>LODE
WHEN THE FUCK IS THIS POSGOING TO DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN DROP?? IM GETTING PRETTY PISSED OFF!!!!

Don't worry, the ticker will get dropped soon enough.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN DROPPED?

why you buy a 13 cent stock lmao

Shit stocks get removed eventually.

Lost 5% of my unrealized short profit on UVXY

delisted to OTC or company goes bankrupt

nothin personnel kid

speaking of shit stocks

whatever happened to HUSA? i remember some faggot called me weak handed for selling for a loss at 50 cents

dropped almost 20% since :^)

I started with 0, but this cash is some investing and some living somewhat frugally.

Been putting in money since 21, I'm 32 now. Lots of luck and no idea what I was doing, small chunks of cash in mutual funds during 2008 stock market rise, etc. Now I research what I'm doing but this is only very recent.

I invested in apple Amazon Netflix years ago because they seemed good, luckily they all paid off nearly double what I invested.

AMD predictions for earnings report tm? Holding 350 shares.
Partial pre-market sell, or strong hands until the report?

I just got raped today in my permanent portfolio with GE.

Kill myself.

Quiet stock fags, we forking tonight.

RIP, my man. I'll pray they don't cut dividends (and I'm sorry if they already did, I haven't looked at them since last week).

EBAY is really pissing me off. I could take a modest loss, but the thing is that I haven't felt anything compelling in the market since early last week. Nothing that I can't at least lie to myself and say, "it's not a gamble, I can feel it in my bones!" (a la LTBR the last two patent announcements)

I think I'm going to wait for the next thrust up to around 37.85 and just take a child-sized loss and pray for the best. I have two months to go to hit my double-my-money target

im staying away from it for now

too many people getting hyped and buying in expecting easy money. could be a shit show, and (((they))) are still keeping long term price targets low like $5-9

might still moon though idk

It's a very safe bet not to play AMD earnings. I'd rather settle my account than deal with the company "only" meeting expectations, getting a hit piece article, getting a downgrade from Jews looking to get a good price, and bagholding a turd when the money would be better off chasing dreams

Yeah I've been in for a while. If I wasn't I would steer clear for a while as well. Hoping to hit 14.50 within the next couple weeks on a morning peak and dump everything.
Prob gonna sell 100 pre market tm just to mitigate any potential bags.

I'm thinking BAC is going up at open, BAC+B shot up after hours with BAC not doing great, and B doing about even at the end of the day. Anyone else have any thoughts?

How are people still trading BAC+B? I was locked out from it MONTHS ago after making a killing on it

Yeah boys, stay away. I had a 2k option @ $14 last earnings and they crushed it according to analysts.

First day after earnings, spikes up, then nosedives down to $12. Option expired worthless.

The pink wojak was born that evening.

Should I get a broker, or buy my own stocks? I work full time, so I might miss ideal times to trade and make the optimal amount of money.

I can't remember whether that one AMD post-earnings play or that X post-earnings play about six months ago was my worst non-meme play, but I feel ya

Up 40 percent on 600 dollar initial investment at .90 avg. Wish I'd had more money to put in at the time.

Depends on your ability to take the time to set stop limit/loss sells. What do you do for a living? I work in a machine shop and am fairly evenly divided between the machine doing 99% of the work and myself doing all of the work and I've managed to do alright.

God bless you, the lowest I was in BAC+B was around .64, I would have drank myself to death out of sheer joy to see how it's been doing. BAC itself just seemed stuck in a holding pattern for ridiculously long.

IT job. I've got $15k to invest currently. But I sleep until noon and work a 2pm-11pm shift, so my time on the market is limited. I kinda just wanna invest in some surefire companies like Amazon and wait for it to 2x in a year or whenever.

robinhood only blocked it out like last week. you had to manually search for it to get it to pop up before

they literally fucked me. if it dips im locked in or else i can never buy it ever again because some retards got confused

I imagine it could truly moon by Q2 next year, BAC only needs to go up 3 points to hit the target, if it goes up to 37 B will be worth 6 dollars or so.

Honest to God, I looked for it and I must have been retarded, because BAC+B wouldn't show up. Their other warrants would but would show up as unable to be traded.

15 grand to invest? I'd follow the non-penny memes, aim for 2-3% gains, and just run around from one stock to the other (establish a "stable" of about ten stocks that are either trading in a pretty steady range or have limited bankruptcy/reverse split risks), all in. Just set lowball orders during the day as long as there's no major downward market-wide action, and should your buys fill, set those 2-3% limit sells. I've turned $9,600 into around $17,700 so far this year just aiming for tiny shitball swingtrades with the occasional 3X ETF or earnings play. The bear market will come eventually, and it's going to start off looking like a modest correction at first, so just be wary.

As an addendum, don't trade biopharmas unless you can stomach finding an early FDA judgment several days ahead of the event. Look at what happened to CATB, probably my winningest stock of the year, when they shat the bed on their trials and lost around 85% of their value in a heartbeat. If it's just fuck-you money, it can be fun, but for a wageslave like me, I've already only just made it out alive on biopharmas to learn it's way too fucking dangerous (I was in on AVIR and took a 1% gain, next day they dropped about 30%)

>tfw bought RIOT at $9.25

I'm just hoping it gets back to that price, I might sell it right away if it does.

LODE's going to go up tomorrow, r-right?

Dumping my AMD when I can. To be sure, the earnings should be favorable given Ryzen and mining sales.

I had high hopes, but AMD is only competitive in server multi-core performance, their consumer-level shit is not even taken seriously now that Coffee Lake can be dropped at a whim to destroy Ryzen and Nvidia is so far ahead its not even funny.

Looking into the next 10-20 years, its unclear AMD will still be around and its unclear anyone wants to buy them for 13 fucking billion

try copyfunds from etoro or some other company, might be a safe way to make decent money

i sold AMD at $3, never expected this. but still at $14 and negative p/e i don't get the hype

I've been lurking here for a while and just got Robinhood. Don't really have any experience in investing and have about $200 to give up. Should I start trying to trade or should I wait until I have more capital?

Trade now, but don't gamble on penny stocks

I'm pretty new to this whole thing. Go with "safe" stocks?

Happy AMD crash day!

If you have time, I strongly recommend you watch every one of Shkrelis investing courses.

Here is my return using his classes.

If I had to recommend some picks for your $200 that will pick up some % quickly, it would be:

2 shares of YY
3 shares of AMAT
Or
2 shares AEIS

The YY will move fastest as it's a newish Chinese tech stock.

They are some of the companies I'm investing in atm.

Of course, don't take my word for it, make sure you are comfortable buying

I'll definitely look into it. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions, how's AMAT looking? Kind of interested in them the most at the moment.

I've also been looking into T, DIS, and GE; any opinions on those?

youtube.com/watch?v=0akBdQa55b4
this is all you need senpai

I'm rich now

I've been lurking for a while in the daily Robinhood General Thread, and I would like to know if you had any recommandations for free papertrade account so I can get to learn at my own pace ?

page 10 save rave

You all averaged down on your VMIN/XIV/ZIV yesterday, right?

Not sure if you are still around, but know that normie blue chips are generally already priced exactly where they belong.

You stand to gain less on them on average or perhaps lose since they should already be priced appropriately.

Good morning.

Who bag holding IRobot?

I would consider GE if they cut the dividend. The price should drop considerably.

Is AMD going to 15?

I NEVER sell anything. Only buy more. It isn't a loss unless you sell.

just dropped my LODE, not bagholding that shit anymore. now that, that shit sandwich is swallowed, whats looking up for the day?

But user.. Todays the day
To the moon

LODE announces their earnings today lmao why drop out now

>earnings release is good
>stock goes down anyway

I think I'm done with earnings gambling

cancelled sell order, if i lose a single penny, I will off myself, and my Yiddish ghost will haunt you

PRICED IN
R
I
C
E
D

I
N

congrats goyim, I live another day

Is HMNY a meme or is it good for long-term?

Meme for sure
Old stale meme

Overpriced in, I'd have been making money on each earnings call I've made selling the night before

That's literally what you're supposed to do. Sell when people are hyped up and don't gamble on how good the company actually does.

Lesson well learned

Pussies don't make it.

>that spike on X opening

It seems that I made a good call buying the dip. Now if only V wasn't taking a bloodbath.

Should I also invest? Or is it not worth it?

Only for the brave

Don’t trust me lmao I’m an idiot

I’m just gambling

How much will it go up?

I m new at this. What should I invest in. A friend told me to invite in apple so I only bought one stock share. Cuz I'm broke. I have $50 to spend how should I spend it.

Put it all on NAK

invest in those spirally shoelaces that you twist together instead of tying them

U sure

Yeah, trust me its great

But it's dropping crazy.

Buy the dip

Will it rise?

Just bought 395 shares of MSFT. Set a stop loss at 10% under. This shit gives me too much anxiety so I'm just gonna forget about it, come back in 6 months, maybe I'll make money, maybe I'll lose.

Dunno lol

So don't invest?

dont ever trust a guy that says trust me its great.