Since I started antidepressant one week ago I barely had 2 boners

Since I started antidepressant one week ago I barely had 2 boners
Is it only my libido or does it affect my test levels aswell ? pic related
help me Veeky Forums , dunno if I'll still be able to make it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VBFvzRRwJCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pls guys

Im not a sad kunt so I dont need SS/SN RIs, but you should ask your doctor instead of Veeky Forums, there's a reason why it's not Health and Fitness anymore.

>literally taking pills because you don't feel good

wow

it's only your libido. which is bad enough.

>unironically ingesting jew meme poison

thx bro
that's what i'm gonna do tomorrow

I have a biochemical disorder, that's the treatment

Certain prescription drugs, mainly SSRIs, can cause a rise in SHBG, prolactin and a subsequent drop in free testosterone.

fuck me, thx a lot tho

It is what it is, you gain something whilst losing something. I was on Sertraline for two years back in my late teens. To make a long story short, it completely killed my nocturnal and morning wood.

It hasn't returned since.

Since you seem to know your things, do you know if the drop is important ? Should I worry about it ?
(not talking about my libido here but my gains, I know testosterone and libido are related but I don't know if it's directly or just slightly)

You should stop. Start living healthy life, meditate etc. and you will get better. There must be reason in why you are depressed, find it and fix it.
Or do you really think that you naturally happen to be so retarded that you just are depressed because of something in your brain, and only cure is eating these jew pills? They will only hide the symptoms and bring new ones, enjoy that...

Shut up dumb fuck. I was on anti d's for 2 years and it helped me overcome lifelong depression. Fucking idiot

If the diagnosis doesn't come from empirical tests and only comes from an interview then it's bullshit.

well I've always had depressive thoughts when I was a kid (I was still happy most of the time tho)
Now I lift, eat real clean (I'm a Nutrinazi but I like it) sleep at least 9 hours but I can get easily anxious, stressed and depressed even when everything is going perfect in my life (qt3.14 gf, loved by family and friends, lean bulk is working, acquiring guitar skills...)

Libido-lowering effects of SSRIs and ejaculation difficulties are well-documented. I'm surprised your doctor didn't discuss these possible side effects with you. From what I've seen, they may try another drug with fewer libido side effects, such as Wellbutrin/bupropion. Do you have a history of seizures?

There's a lot more to your libido than simply being "high t". If I'm not mistaken, DHT, various neurosteroids and their metabolites are what causes and regulates a man's libido.

The drop in serum free t varies from drug to drug, but Sertraline and Mirtazipene appears to be the two worst culprits. To answer your question rather bluntly, yes, it's significant. Free t is far more important than your total t.

OP I'm on escitalopram actually. Just had a pill because I'm about to head to bed soon.

First week or so yeah it affected my libido pretty severely. But nowadays I can fap every day just fine. I've also many lots of strength gains since I started taking it a year ago.

But it's been amazing for my depression and anxiety. My only regret is not having gotten on it earlier. If it doesn't work out for you try another anti-depressant.

I was on citalopram for 2 years and it made me fat and lazy, I didn't give a fuck about anything when I was on SSRI and the weight gain was uncontrollable

He told me there was side effects but he did not mention this
You mean depressive seizures ?

thank you guys, what you did by taking your time to help me really meant something to me
love you, no homo because no libido

Haha, you don't sound like it. You still have clearly some problems. I would not recommend SSRI's to anyone.

ITT a bunch of Veeky Forums retards giving medical advice about serious mental disorders.

OP this aint the place to post anything about psych meds; it triggers the people here for some reason.

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone either man, they're a life ruiner

If you are not lying that is then possible. But we both know that in most of the cases SSRI's are not needed. Do you know how much they are being described in U.S.A? That big % population just cannot be naturally depressed. In most of the cases there are IRL reasons behind it.

Are you working at job you dont like 40 hours a week?

Everyone works a job they can't fucking stand, 40 hrs of my week is pure bullshit but it keeps me fed so I have to do it

You think there was no other way to make you better than SSRI's back then? But it doesnt even matter for you tho, if they helped you, I understand that.

"Depressive seizures" sounds like a non-epileptic event (epilepsy is a class of seizure disorder related to aberrant electrical conduction in the brain). I'm not sure what the safety profile of Wellbutrin would be in people with psychogenic non-epileptic seizures (PNES), but it is contraindicated for people with epilepsy.

You should definitely ask your doctor, and this question may warrant a referral to and evaluation by a psychiatrist if you haven't already seen one for specialized workup and care. Non-epileptic seizures could complicate the picture a bit.

truth. it's also true that doctors prescribe ADs way too often, but then retards on the internet take the opposite extreme position and say think they're not useful for anyone, even though the evidence clearly shows they are very effective for some people.

They didn't really do much for me except make me not give a shit about anything which in turn sort of ruined my life because I didn't try in high school and didn't go to college or anything and now I'm probably gonna make minimum wage until I die

When I started taking Escitalopram I had the same issue. It become VERY difficult to get a boner. However after a few weeks my boners came back and everything started working as usual. Took escitalopram for 9 months until the doctor told me to stop taking them.

Anti-depressants didn't fix all my problems automatically but it sure af helped and I don't want to kill myself which is nice.

I know most people do, that is one of the problems in the world. I am lucky enough to not have to, living in Finland.
youtube.com/watch?v=VBFvzRRwJCw

I know that they are not a magic pill, I see a psychiatrist

I'm currently taking a year off to start fixing seriously my mental disorder before I go to med school (not sure of the english name)

Start making money somewhere else than normal 40-hour job. Is it possible in this world, with internet and everything. You just have to be creative and try to find that suits yourself.

Escitalopram fucked up my sexual function, it was weird as fuck. My orgasms were bizarre, I'd start ejaculating seconds before I felt an orgasm, they seemed to be completely disparate phenomena

I swapped to venlafaxine recently and now I quit that too after a nightmare weaning process. Fuck antidepressants , I'm done with all this shit, done

I took those and drank alcohol everyday on them and they made go nuts

yeah no I don't speak english very well I missunderstood the meaning of seizure (I thought about anxiety crisis)

I guess I'll just tell my psychiatrist about it, he's gonna probably tell me to wait and see a couple of weeks which is fine to me I guess

I went on Citalopram for anxiety/depression since it helped with the physical issue of my chest being constantly tight to the point I would be forcing a yawn every minute to feel like I was taking a proper breath.

It has killed my libido. I've been off it for a year and a half and I just don't feel sexual at all. Does it ever come back? Everything else is going well for me, great family, supportive partner, enjoying work, looking after my health but I feel so bad for my partner that I'm just not into it. It's not fair on them.

I would advise people go for non med route first, I just wanted to be able to breathe.

There is no such thing as a physical test to prove whether or not someone has a "chemical imbalance" in their brain.

Did you get a test to prove you have a "chemical imbalance" in your brain? I know you didn't because one doesn't exist.

The chemical imbalance hypothesis is not proven. Psychiatric drugs are not proven to fix any sort of "chemical imbalance".

The fact that this is so widely believed by the general public is one of the greatest and most harmful tricks ever done to make money.

They just make you feel like an emotionless zombie

I've had that before albeit not on drugs.

Just started cunming a good few minutes before orgasm, fucking odd.

Since I asked Veeky Forums about something serious I guess I'll just keep being stupid:
I'll trust you untill I tell my psychiatrist about what you wrote to hear his answer
I did not take any tests, he just told me that my disorder can be either psychological or chemical

Well I hope it won't kill mine forever, have a good life bro you made it

Ooh, yeah, Wellbutrin may worsen anxiety. Really the reason I mentioned it in the first place is because it tends to have fewer of the sexual side effects, but it may not do much to help your anxiety, and if you're having panic attacks, you'll need something that can manage it (SSRIs can often manage depression and anxiety).

ok, thank you man

No problem. Ultimately, tl;dr: talk to your doctor about the sexual side effects and see what other options they have for you.

yes i'm gonna do this thx again

Simplifying any one idea to any one thing is the sign of a weak mind.