What philosophy will fill my empty life?

What philosophy will fill my empty life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3tCvPHozwZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

socrates

Become Christian.

Depends what you want out of life.

That what the philosophy tells me to want. My life is empty.

sorry no larp

>That what the philosophy tells me to want.
Not really how it works. Contemplate what you want out of life, then we an discuss various philosophies that would be appropriate for you.

study Vedanta and the bhakti movement

stay away from the Advaita Vedanta nonsense though

>Contemplate what you want out of life
Meaning. To fill my empty life. Jesus.

>The Bhakti movement refers to the theistic devotional trend that emerged in medieval Hinduism[1] and later revolutionised in Sikhism.[2]
Doesn't sound like what I'm looking for but go ahead and make your case please

Diogenes all the way.

How will this give my life meaning?

None, obviously. If you're content with that, stay within the realm of philosophy and die miserable, as all philosophers die miserable people.

This. So your only option is to become Christian.

Nihilism

The summarize of the philosophy is that you are a spiritual being, not the material body, and can only be satisfied by spiritual pleasure. It is like how a fish out of water will not be happy no matter the amount of material pleasures you offer him, but he will simply struggle for existence as long as he is separated from his natural environment. Similarly, when we are out of touch with spiritual life we are simply suffering and wasting away in this material world. All these material problems can be resolved through bhakti-yoga, which fixates one's consciousness in the highest state of trance by focusing the mind on the personal form of God. By bhakti, one becomes seated in samadhi, or trance, and attains ananda, or transcendental bliss. Bhakti also differs from Western systems of theistic philosophy because you are expected to apply it and verify the legitimacy of the teachings.

Probably something to validate what you already believe desu.

Stoicism.
It's like Christianity, a bit like Buddhism; but without all the nonsensical magic and shit...

>the absolute state of "stoics"

I'm guessing you skipped all the reading and stuck to youtube videos huh

Desu the next level of stoicism is Christianity. Become Christian OP.

Does stoicism encourage celibacy/sexual abstinence?

Stop with this larp shit.

>the next level of stoicism is Christianity
You understand neither

Yes

It discourages shit posting and wasting time on the internet.

Fugg :DDD
Guilty as charged.

I look at this chart and it's actually what I've come to believe naturally. I didn't even know it existed desu

my cock

:DD:D::DD Become Christian :D::DDD:D

No, it will present you with different ways of thinking, all which are equally valid, but there's no way of knowing which one is the correct one or if what you are saying even makes sense.

Humans are only fulfilled through God
It's how we were wired from birth

I recommend Considerations on Eternal Maxims by Saint Alfonso Maria de' Liguori,
Introduction to the Devout Life by Saint Francis De Sales,
Anything traditional Catholic really

Stop the larp already.

God bless you user

Imagine what you wish you could be, like picture him.

Become that guy. Remind yourself every morning and whenever you get discouraged that you are going to be him and you are going to turn into that guy.

Keeps me happy, progressing in life and gives me purpose.

You are not wired from birth to be fulfilled through Catholicism dude holy christ.

You are wired to be part of a tribe and devote your life to that tribe, you've just found an outlet for that instinct.

None, you achieve it through yourself whether through the help of philosophy or not

>Imagine what you wish you could be, like picture him.
No idea.

>Keeps me happy, progressing in life and gives me purpose.
Good for you but not at all what I'm looking for.

>dude
Opinion discarded.

Lobotomy

>You are wired to be part of a tribe and devote your life to that tribe

>"please be a white nationalist user. You can't be a christcuck and a nationalist or identitarian you know"- you

Oh shit well I guess you're not retarded for believing the human mind is wired to be Catholic.

What? You think the only type of tribalism you can subscribe to is white nationalism or Catholicism? Do you have brain damage?

Try this one then. Live for the people you care about. Strive to be a better family member, friend, boyfriend/husband and community member.

>Live for the people you care about
Why?
>Strive to be a better family member
What makes one so?

I gave you the benefit of the best argument you could be armed with. You have even less now.

>Why?

Because it will make them happier and you happier. It will give you a purpose, you're hardwired to do it.

>What makes one so?

Spending more time with them, being there for them, planning family activities, shit like that.

Okay psycho.

I don't think you understand the point of the question

Well the way that you see the world should be one that will make you content and feel right, make you happy correct?

Not necessarily. The point of this thread is a philosophy that gives meaning and purpose to life. Your advice is an application but not really an explanation.

>you don't want god
>you want a tribe

What are anchorites,hermits, and monastics user?

Rare freaks and people who are forcing suffering upon themselves. It's not easy to be a monk because isolating yourself is extremely difficult and painful.

So you are looking for an idea, an ideology, a philosophy that will just click with you and will lead you to thinking "That makes perfect sense and explains everything".

Well I gave a piece but it's part of a larger idea.
That larger idea is that you, I, and all people on Earth are not rational meat robots, we are tribal and are hardwired to do certain things and to feel completed while living a certain way.

I'm trying to tell you that any philosophy that makes sense needs to start there to have the whole picture as to what a meaningful life is.

normalfag answers
the only correct answers

Spooky and living in bad faith won't make you happy.

The pursuit of Arete i.e. your own perfection.

It's not living in bad faith, it's realizing that it's not just about you and acting on that realization. Actively deciding to be a better family member is not spooky or acting in bad faith.

>sorry no larp

God is real, I am the Lord. Jews and their associates hijacked my planet and they'll pay dearly.

If the hope provided by knowing God is real provides you some comfort, here is some small evidence:

youtube.com/watch?v=3tCvPHozwZw

>The message just keeps repeating “Regret Regret Regret”

So the best course of action is to do whatever makes you the most happy at the time.
Now where have I heard that nefore i wonder?

be vaguer cunt

More vague

Reading Philosophy will fill your empty life. There's enough there to study until you're dead.

I'm not looking for a hobby pham