How Do You Find Meaning and Purpose in Life Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Sisyphus
youtube.com/watch?v=ljvZ928YGrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vW0_dlSKT3w
youtu.be/0Z760XNy4VM?t=3m39s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

by working for me.

finally got over my ex.

feels good tbqh

Join the military

Work, working out and drugs.

Ayyeee man me too! Wanna be friends?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Sisyphus

But what if I want a few of these

You're already my friend

>tfw recently divorced
>tfw feeling when exiting the military
>tfw no idea which way is up

The nice thing is I am over my ex wife. I don't want to say I have lost my purpose, but I feel sort of aimless and not too sure what to do with myself.

Fortunately for me I have lifting, you fuckers, and alot of reading to help my find direction again. All I know is that good things are going to come.

Side note, it is interesting how me and my ex wifew started having troubles when I started to get Veeky Forums. Th-thanks Veeky Forums.

Take pleasure where you can find it, live honorably and graciously, and leave the world a better place than when you entered it. Build something for your children and your children's children. Try to be a good husband and father. There's nothing more you can do as a man.

Guys, I lost a lot of weight and got swole recently for an interview for a very good job with the military tomorrow.

Am I going to make it?

You can't

yes

T-thanks you too. I just want to be able to buy a nice house outside of DC. Retire within 20 years and then go on to academia after this career is over.

Think about being in your deathbed and what you will be thinking or saying. Will you die with regrets or fulfilled? What I am sating is do all the things that makes you happy.

all these philosophies are crap.

Science is way better.

well you will do exactly that, and then more

you can dedicate your life to science, but thats more like a job

without some sort of philosophy youll always seem lost

>one cannot pursue science while also embracing a philosophy

For me, i find meaning in doing things i enjoy and making others happy. Its your typical cliche bullshit but thats really it for me. Find your passion, explore your tastes a little user. You have to move out of your comfort zone. I hated doing that. I always stayed on Veeky Forums and played vidya games. But when you learn to break out of that zone you've been so accustomed too, you end up finding things you really love.

I ended up finding a passion for crafting rings. I love making all differents kinds of rings and it makes me proud of my myself when i see the finished ring. Sometimes I'll hand one of them to my gf and she'll light up. Even if its an expensive hobby its worth the money. It makes me happy afterall. So just explore yourself a little, find out something new about yourself. Discover something new that you like, all it takes is just a step out there into the unknown to find something. Maybe you'll like that something, maybe you won't, its up to the person who you are user. Stay strong user, hope you find something that gives you passion.

desu there is no purpose. We're all gonna die and nothing is going to matter. Might as well make the most of it with the 70ish years we got

There is no point in being a member of this degenerate "society" anymore.
Do not try to blend in, do not try to be a "good man", at least according to the present trends.

Focus on yourself.
Find a tribe or create one.
Read about ancient values (e.g. virtus, Aryannes) to understand masculinity, René Guénon and later Julius Evola.

>tfw this post is too intelligent for me

how do you create a tribe?

My meaning of life is to be as great as possible. That's about it.

hey cool, me too, wanna start a tribe?

get together with people who look and sound like you and blame all your problems on everyone else

it can't really be that easy can it?

fuck it i'm starting a tribe.

There isn't, it's paradoxical to try and apply rationality to existence.

We will be called

"The beautiful ones"

Are whole thing is self improvement and making tons of money.

we shall all become demi-gods
our symbol shall be a mirror on fire.

youtube.com/watch?v=ljvZ928YGrQ
This is a cool song for these situations

based

We gonna exchange numbers or?? I'm a different guy that the guy you were talking to but I wanna join

you must be a nihilist ego maniac hell bent on amassing tons of money to join.

I don't trust anyone on the internet.

Well how will we continue this grand tribe? I'm ready for it mane

idk

i made a discord once but it got flooded with trolls and they said they were hunting me down just because.

Veeky Forums scares me sometimes.

True true. Maybe an IG page, or twitter would work

why so interested in this?

I was mostly making a joke.

lonely?

go join a club

ya know honestly it's not a bad brand name for an athletics company.

lads, lets sell fit bullshit and make money

youtube.com/watch?v=vW0_dlSKT3w

I'm joe at the end of this video.

Then I'm the lemon pledge

okay sounds good let's get rich.

Beautiful ones INC or LLC

Christ did it for me.

Beats the fuck outa therapy.

It helps me to break my life down into three catagories--mind, body, and spirit.

For spirit I pray and meditate daily. The prayer acts like a guided meditation, and I follow it with 12 minutes of attempting to totally calm the mind.

I disengage from compulsive behaviors (overeating, fapping, isolation etc.)

I got to the gym, and I try to eat well.

I read and make attempts to socialize as often as I can.

I'm in school for something I'm relatively passionate about.

I attend support groups that help me manage my volatile emotions, my tendency toward self harm. I read literature that focuses explicitly on developing healthy coping mechanisms and systems of thought.

It's a long road. Life is often painful.

hmmm inc sounds better so let's go inc

Underrated; that was nice. Good for you, my man.

don't ever post in this format again faggot, i've claimed it. it is mine.

but then we get taxed twice.

however it would be easier to go public.

we would have to sell most everything online.

I don't know the fit biz very well so I don;t know where to find suppliers.

Same, I'm only good at communicating and selling shit. I know near nothing about the shipping, and that

shut up poser

it's mine

jk, people should post however they want.

I get told this format is annoying though. It just helps organize my thoughts when writing long posts cause I'm dumb

Well, we'd have to make a website to sell products.
And we'd need suppliers.

and we need storage space and shipping materials.

and all the little details that go into that.

I can make a website no prob, but I don't know where to source suppliers.

You know how I know you're a faggot? When you use the word "degenerate" to describe society.
You live in the freest, wealthiest time in all human history. Shut the fuck up and stop blaming your problems on shitskins.

Yeah kinda sol on that one. Maybe somebody will show up in the thread that knows shit lmao

>You live in the freest, wealthiest time in all human history.

we really don't

you've been drinking the kool aid.

you won't know how fucked you are unless you step out of line.

as for richest, our dollar and purchasing power is some of the weakest it has ever been.

it used to be a grocery store clerk could feed a family of four and own a house.

not anymore

Maybe we should just start cold calling people and ask.

how old are you?

I'm 25

I'm an 18 year old senior in hs lol

Why nihilist? Did you mean narcissitic?

both

but believing in nothing is a prerequisite.

this frees up the mind to focus on making money.

huh, what makes you think you could make it in the athletics business?

I don't know how to answer that myself but just asking since you are young.

>Science is way better.
science is the study of the phenomena in the natural world. It is not a philosophy, and relies upon the assumption of empiricism. It does not answer the greater questions or even attempt to define the good, if there is one.

well good luck with your athletic biz/tribe

peace out

Money, or purpose I suppose. I've only a few ideas what I really want to do when I'm done with school, and this sort of thing sounds fun. It seems like gym culture and that is getting more popular also, and that would help with selling such things

well that sounds cool, I don't know how to stay in touch cause I don't trust anyone on the internet.

but if this sounds good to you you should research being an entrepreneur. some people make a living starting and selling businesses.

I'll do that man. I need to go to bed tho, it's 1:16 where I am.

Goodnight guys, good luck with the crippling depression

youtu.be/0Z760XNy4VM?t=3m39s
Figures we would also be the ones with autism.

you should get into college is what you should do

what books do you recommend? I've also lost purpose in life and I'm trying to replace that with lifting and bettering myself through reading.

What books do you recommend for developing positive coping mechanisms for stress?

the most famous philosophers are physicists

also interested in this

There is a 'create a new tribe' button at the top right corner of your GUI

BO Inc?

Body odour inc confirmed

read classic literature and philosophy.
make a huge playlist of acclaimed music you've never heard before
start a hobby that seems interesting to you, no matter how silly. (my buddy at work started collecting fish)

I had a supply chain management class in my previous semester, I know a thing or two I guess

Depending on where you live, go take a walk with some music and just enjoy living in the now.
stay off social media for a week.
walk to a coffee shop with a book and strike up a conversation with a random person.

Have goals and hobbies.
Everyone i know who doesnt like life or are depressed doesnt have goal nor productive hobbies.

cut most of the sugar out of your diet
drink a gallon of water a day, drink coffee in the morning
take cold showers
when I feel lonely I listen to reggae, it makes me feel warm.

Man's Search For Meaning is a great book if your time to get past some baggage

You might want to try mediation and reading books on eastern philosophy such as The Art of Happiness