Veeky Forums can you tell me what's going on with my squat? My knees are coming way far forward...

Veeky Forums can you tell me what's going on with my squat? My knees are coming way far forward, and it's becoming so quad dominant. How can I improve this, I want glutes for the sloots

It's fine faggot. Knees going over toes is a meme

Lower weight, work on form, increase weight gradually

It just feels wrong though, I'm getting back pain at lmao 1 pl8, there's no way I could sustain that form and go up in weight

stop wearing those faggot shoes and then ull be fine

more like this

Deload and squat lower

i might suggest trying low bar squat

or alternatively, drop the weight a bit, focus on keeping th elower back tight, and avoiding "butt wink" where your spine curves while at the bottom of the rep

wall squats
That's because your abs are weak, also if you fell for rippetoe memeing it also means you're probably looking down, which you shouldn't.

Try sitting back further into it.

>my squat is hitting the correct muscles, help me hit my glutes in one of the least effective glute exercises.

If you want an arse, do bb hip thrusts and bb glute bridges. Those are number 1 and 2 in the entire world for your bum.

If those seem too gay, then do good mornings.

If that seems too gay, then do deadlifts.

Sldl, and rdl are also better at building glutes than low bar squats. So are bulgarian split squats. So are lunges.

What this guy is saying, if you are high bar nothing is wrong at all.

>Squatting in front of the rack
Is no one else going to mention this

Eh why not, it's easier to bail outside the rack than inside.

>it's easier to bail outside the rack than inside.

Literally what

try squatting just the bar, maybe a plate, and do it barefoot.

Your hips may also be tight. Stretch them before workout and before bed

First of all, why are you squatting outside of the rack?

Explain yourself!

He's squatting high bar so in that case its easier to roll the bar off your back than dump it into the safeties and risk breaking or warping the damn thing.

This is not a good idea with lowbar though.

>Eh why not, it's easier to bail outside the rack than inside.

Veeky Forums everybody

I'm in far greater control if I just dump the bar behind me and walk forward than if I try to dump it on the safety bars, might be because I can't set the safety bars to a level that is just right.

Could also be that I'm just too used to using competition racks anyway.

looks good

try benching 5x5

> Olympic squat
> quad dominant
No fucking shit Sherlock

Low bar squat with light weight onto a bench or chair that is almost in line with where your knees bend.

Do this for a 3-5 sets before you start your sets with heavy weight. It will teach you how to sit into the weight, rather than balancing on and pushing off with the balls of your feet. You want to sit with the weight and push up with your heels.

Anyway, do enough bench squats with light weight until that form just becomes a habit.

Widen your stance.
You should be able to place your toes against a wall and squat down.

Wasnt it said several times all over the internet that there's nothing wrong with knees over toes?

Depending on your proportions, you might even need it to squat to depth

How does this man's knees not explode immediately in this position?

If you want to target the posterior chain instead of quads, you need to do low bar squats. The bar should sit on top of your lats instead of your neck. Go to the art of manliness channel on jewtube for a nice squat tutorial. That's where I learned when I was doing starting strength

>How does this man's knees not explode immediately in this position?

Iranian bio-mechanical knee locks, augmentation is here now, WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Youre wearing oly shoes, doing high bar and you wonder why your knees track over?

This board gets stupider by the day

This There's no way to maintain fairly vertical/upright torso without
A falling backwards
B knees tracking over your toes
C some ridiculous outwards pointing knee angle
D extremely short femurs

Your form looks completely okay from the pic.

>some ridiculous outwards pointing knee angle
This is ideal and why Boris prescribes wall squats

>heeled shoes

great mobility

Sheiko is a pl coach doe. Not everything he says is applicable to all the areas of strength training.

Interesting point nonetheless.

The bottom position of your squat is literally fucking fine.

nigga must be from Deus Ex

>Wants glutes
>Doing squats

Hip thruts and donkey kicks

???
Bailing is better than safety bars

It's a fast shoot camera, he is doing a snatch so his knees aren't holding the weight, the momentum he used to lift the bar and get under it decreases the pressure in them