I always see people talking about protein powder and I'm wondering if it's necessary to make gains...

I always see people talking about protein powder and I'm wondering if it's necessary to make gains? Does it make it easier to make gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RUooO2TYHDY
youtube.com/watch?v=ETiUDCFzYt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some people would rather just have something that takes 2 mins to make and consume rather than cooking a chicken breast etc. several times a day

Feels good knowing that at 6'2 250lbs I could crush those two dyel manlets

It makes it easier for me. I eat slot, but 210+ grams of protein a day is a bitch.

>i could easily beat up the fighter in the world

pure delusion

It isn't necessary but it's a lot more convenient to just mix up a shake and get 25g of protein or whatever and down it on the go

if you don't train you don't have a chance
i bet you have a glass chin anyway

Why would anyone need more than 120 of protein a day?

>the fighter in the world
If you mean the 'best fighter' you're sorely mistaken.

He's gonna get crushed by khabib and would get raped by any half decent middle weight+

Without fail.

Why do fighters always have flat unaesthetic chests?

Because we don't waste our time training vanity muscles to impress the 4/10 skanks that inhabit your social circle.

Kek

>we

youtube.com/watch?v=RUooO2TYHDY
youtube.com/watch?v=ETiUDCFzYt8

It depends on your body weight. Some published guides recommend 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day. Not that we all train like SEALS, but its interesting to note this is the same daily allowance prescribed in The Navy Seal Nutrition Guide.

>the military recommends it so it must be good

when will this meme die?

Written by two PhD nutritionists and a medical doctor. I'll take the book's advice over user's advice any day. And the figure appears in numerous other publications.

IN all fairness, the book does say 0.6 to 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day. I was referencing the high end.

they weigh more than 120lbs

Doesn't chest help with striking power?

B J Penn at his best > Connor McManlet at his best

there's a protein obsession thx to supplement shills
you do need protein(duh)
0.8-1.6 grammes per kilo you weigh are what's usually recommended
you can get this with normal food
protein powders dont have magic powers
if you want to add some extra protein to your diet without adding extra carbs or fat they are useful

GSP>both
Fedor>all

GSP was the most boring fighter in UFC history. He won most of his matches by lying on top of his opponents and running out the clock.

Striking properly utilizes the entire body in the movement so yes, technically chest does help with striking power.

That said fighters typically don't have a big chest because it doesn't really help all that much

yeah, they help the fighter, but it weights a fucking lot more than it helps, so its easier to have a flat chest and fight with skinny manlets than having a huge chest aesthetic chest and fighting dudes that could beat you

Chest helps, but not as much as triceps, core, and legs. Left on its own the chest will be much less developed than other muscles, visually exaggerating the effect.

Not necessarily. It's just cheap and convenient. So if its a choice between "powder" and "insufficient protein" then yes, it will help with gains. If you'd otherwise be obtaining sufficient protein from your diet adding it won't help and dropping other protein sources to make room for it might actually hurt.