That first punch of the day

>That first punch of the day

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6wfcQVxV5Cw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who won that fight?

Dumbass lands 2 hits on a stumbling guy and just stops rather than finishing him. Hope he lost

Diaz won the first one

Conor won the second

it's slow motion, one exchange

he went right after him after that

"Won" the second

Yes he won

McGregor boxed well for a round and a half, then his cardio was blown and he spent the rest of the fight getting overpowered and saved by the bell.

Diaz finished him in the first fight and was on the cusp of finishing him at least twice. McGregor never had Diaz in any real danger.

Diaz showed he was the better fighter in the first match and confirmed it in the second. But he's not the UFC's special golden boy, is he?

This fight was pure vanity-catering to McGregor (who should have been made to defend his damn belt). And all he proved is that he really can't beat Diaz without favorable judges.

>Dana white's uncle is the son of an SS officer
>Dana white is buddy buddy with donald trump
>Conor is as white as they come
>Diaz is Mexican

Just kek if you think being a better fighter makes you succcesful in the UFC. It doesn't. Being white and 'decently good' does

I mean there was a decent weight difference between them right? Conner is a queen, but based on the rules he did great considering the disadvantage.

Diaz 2-0 vs conor

No, Nate is not bigger than conor. Just a few inches taller. Fanboys were just making excuses

lol now dana says they have no reason to market Nunez because she hasn't defended. Wtf.

fag

How much do UCF fighters lift?

They only do crossfit and punching bag exercises.

not much really, unless you're in heavyweight.

There's extremely jacked fighters in much lower weight classes.

This guy would be fighting in Lightweight.

lifting heavy seems detrimental to fighting in most cases. this shit is hard to maintain for multiple 5 min rounds if your muscles are prepped for short bursts

There's absolutely no reason to lift. It brings zero actual benefit to your fighting game.

They all lift. Jon Jones is crazy about powerlifting. But obviously cardio is king. At that level they typically just focus on strength and conditioning since they already know how to fight

>lifting weights will degrade your endurance

No.

Yeah it only gives you strenght, why would anyone want strenght

There's no functional benefit to picking shit up and putting it down. For takedowns, leverage is much more useful than strength.

they all lift. most don't lift HEAVY. that's what i said. jon jones did that when he was serving his lengthy suspension for lulz (and he was free to juice). it certainly did not help his fight game. his coach was even upset, i remember him shouting no more of that powerlifting shit after his returning fight.

I work at a desk job and am 36 years old. I dl over 4 plates. I doubt any mma fighter does that. They can. But would rather not.

If your alternative is sitting on a couch all day, yeah it does not degrade. But fighters' alternative is doing actual fight conditioning with their time.

Why can MMA fags never admit that the guy who is winning all his matches is a good fighter? Seriously you will shit on whoever is on top because it makes you feel like you know the sport better than the athletes, who you obviously can't compare to so you just try and bring them down to give yourself some bizarre sense of superiority

>no benefit to strength
yeah except when:
>Holding someone in a clinch
>Being held in a clinch
>Kicking
>Punching
>Throwing knees
>Throwing elbows
>Defending a takedown
>Defending an armbar
>Defending a kimura
>Defending an americana
>Defending a rear naked choke
>Gripping onto a leg for leverage
>Gripping onto a wrist for leverage
>Performing a choke
>Flattening someone out
>Taking back from turtle by opening a leg
>Reverse rear naked from turtle by moving arms from their neck
>Defending the back take from turtle by keeping legs closed
>Defending reverse rear naked from turtle by keeping hands around neck and head down
>Staying in full guard
>Breaking full guard
>Holding mount
>Bridging out of a mount
And the list goes on.

hm really makes me think

You'll notice I said "for takedowns". I'm not saying strength you gain from lifting is completely useless. Strength you'd gain from training is infinitely better than strength gained from lifting.

>Holding someone in a clinch
>Being held in a clinch
Muay Thai and boxing are way better for you than lifting.
>kicking
>punching
>throwing knees
>throwing elbows
See above and add kick training.
>Defending a takedown
>Defending an armbar
>Defending a kimura
>Defending an americana
>Defending a rear naked choke
>Gripping onto a leg for leverage
>Gripping onto a wrist for leverage
>Performing a choke
>Flattening someone out
>Taking back from turtle by opening a leg
>Reverse rear naked from turtle by moving arms from their neck
>Defending the back take from turtle by keeping legs closed
>Defending reverse rear naked from turtle by keeping hands around neck and head down
>Staying in full guard
>Breaking full guard
>Holding mount
>Bridging out of a mount
None of those benefit more from lifting than training your BJJ.

Notice how the fighters that look like they lift a lot like Lesnar and Sapp generally have utter shit records. It's because roids and lifting don't make up for lack of technique.

what your post really makes me think about is if you actually compete in any combat sport

>Technique is better
no kidding? you literally said
>There's no functional benefit to picking shit up and putting it down.
When that obviously isn't true, somebody who lifts and is a black belt in BJJ will be better than someone with the same experience but less strength. Strength is a factor that plays into the outcome of a fight.

>Lesnar and Sapp something something
yeah but how many fighters aren't shredded as fuck? It isn't just low bodyfat, they all do strength training as well. Also Sapp took dives because he didn't want to hurt his body for a small paycheck.

See above. Strength is important, and all professional fighters do strength training in addition to their technique and conditioning training.

some of the strongest guys on my football team who will knock you down have noodle arms and can't bench 225

there's a difference between strength and being good at doing 3 lifts through repetition

In other words you have no idea what Mma training consists of.

>the arm on the rightside dude

wtf? is that the lanklet curse?

More like lanky arms curse

>rare pepe
SAVED

An out of shape UFC former champ beat the worlds strongest man.

Strength is good, but MMA fights last 15-25 minutes. Non just one set for max effort.

youtube.com/watch?v=6wfcQVxV5Cw

he was running around the entire fight. had there been one more round, Dia would fuck him up lik he did the first fight

>H-He was running the entire fight

Did you see Nate's face by the end of the fight?
Did you see how they were both covered in Nate's blood?

Not him and I don't remember the fight specifically but Nate's face is always fucked up in a fight so that doesn't mean much

>>Conor is as white as they come

>irish
>white

LOL

>that first ko of the day

btw mma is for pussyboys

what a stupid post

you let your hate of Conor rob you of all objectivity

no, Nate is a natural lightweight and Conor is a gigantic featherweight

there is a height difference, not a size difference

1-1, but the first fight was certainly more emphatic

this is some old boxing broscience, most fighters lift now

hahahahaha ok

you doubt any fighter deadlifts 405, a number high school kids reach with regularity?

Except Bob Sapp, when he wasn't throwing fights, was able to smash Ernesto Hoost (a very legitimate K1 kickboxer) twice using only his strength and bullrush approach

also Lesnar became a champion in a handful of fights due to his immense physicality, despite never really training like an MMA fighter

and if your BJJ is already at a level where you are improving slowly, but you are physically weak, you would benefit more from getting a lot stronger than you would from improving your technique 1%

this is why all skill based sports do GPP instead of just training the core skills

*sticks my dick in your mouth*

Now who is the pussy boy?

Conor is a lightweight

The dude doesn't have it easy cutting for FW

It's amazing to me that Conor got his ass beat twice standing up boxing yet he thinks he can take Mayweather

>my football team
How's highschool?

Diaz won the second tbqh, and I don't even like diaz.

lol u mad that your cholo buttbuddy got fucked up
faggot!

The people saying Diaz won don't know that fights are judged my rounds, not overall performance

>got fucked up
>Conor was the one walking backwards the entire fight

lol

Irish people were slaves too user.

Who looks more fucked up? Idiot

Could Conor beat up Ronny Coleman

I don't think you understand how muscles work.

*grabs you by the throat*

Back the fuck off?!?

The one on the right looks like he got punched in the face more, but that still doesn't totally decide who wins or loses a fight. No reason to get so worked up over it.

McGregor needs some new glasses holy shit

example
Anderson silva vs Michael Bisping

Bispings face was wrecked, but he won.

Their boxing looks amateurish compared to the fighters in K1, glory.

yea no shit its a different sport

Going in MMA with a traditional boxing tactic won't won't work out so well

Yes but very low bodyfat comes with its own issues in the ring.
The biggest issue though if you do regular drills, lifting sapps a lot of energy away from drills where you should be working on your techniques. You're also building strength from just doing boxing drills, you improve punching and kicking techniques through... doing that. Strength training definitely helps though and every decent programm you run would include it. Powerlifting has no place in it though since it would hinder regular training due to the stress induced by it.

Sapp did have a huge weight advantage against Hoost though.

This

Jon Jones said powerlifting has made his performance a bit worse

Diaz won the first one. The second one was a tie at best.

getting off PED's has made his performance worse; it's probably more to blame than powerlifting

Yup. Won.