Vegans friends said Seitan is full of proteins, true or bullshit?

looks like actual bullshit tbqhfam

honestly, it has better macros than some protein powders. Some hippies won't touch it though, because it is essentially pure gluten.

Yes it's true. But don't take my word for it- look it up you fucking dilweed

It's essentially protein powder made into food, so yeah it has a lot of protein

True, but it is a soy product which means the protein is

> less bioavailable
> incomplete, so you need to eat it with rice
> soy MAY be estrogenic if you eat a lot of it

I'm not as horrified of soy as most of Veeky Forums is so I'll occasionally put tofu in my stir fry but better to eat it sparingly

seitan is high protein. One "serving" (which is all know is a much smaller amount than people actually eat.) is 26g. If you eat a filling amount, you will get 50-70grams of protein in a meal. It's a bonus that it's also soy free.

ah shit I'm retarded and got tofu and seitan mixed up. Disregard me lads

wrong.

It's not a soy product, it's wheat gluten protein.

From the recipe I got, two part glutens, one part rice powder.

It is lacking in amino acids though, it is classified as an "incomplete protein". Add some black beans to the dish to balance it out or scoop some BCAAs throughout the day.

that's what I do, BCAAs and tons of seitan.

It is full of proteins. But is almost pure gluten, not a very good a.a. profile. If you top with a considerable dose of BCAA or brewer's yeast, then, yes, it becomes very good protein source.

except that the person saying it was soy said they were wrong immediately after because they were wrong.

It's okay, I'm a retard too.

It's wheat protein right? So incomplete and needs to be eaten with something like soya beans?

>didn't even bother to google what seitan is before responding

This is the typical Veeky Forums poster giving advice.

Too much fiber for bulk consumption and lacks the micronutrients that meat or fish has.

Seitan is really good. Tastes like another kind of meat. I feel bad for people who can't eat it because of gluten.

It's INCOMPLETE protein; it is deficient in at least one amino acid (lysine). Also it's just another name for 'wheat gluten', and if you have any sensitivity or allergy whatsoever to wheat gluten, this stuff will fuck you up. I wouldn't bother with it.

Full of shit protein and phytotoxins, yeah. You'd be better off with meat or dairy, or even tofu.

How phytotoxins? From bread?

From wheat you dumbass.

It's honestly pretty good. If I had the money/time/moral dillema that gave me the opportunity to eat vegetarian I"d probably eat a ton of Seitan. It basically tastes exactly like meat.

Has no fats, low on carbs and basically all protein. It's lacking on some proteins and nutrients but nobody said you should only eit Seitan.

I know a couple of vegans who try not to eat it because it's basically cheating lel

I have made Satan before

its easy.. get whole wheat flour and add water then kneed then take blobs of it and rinse it under running water while squishing it in your hands... the gluten will be wall that remains as a sticking blob... then you cook that.. dose it with shoyu... tasty..

Tip: if you make it yourself (super easy and cheap), add some mashed beans to the mixture (white beans are the best for this). Fixes the amino acid definiceny and improves texture a lot.

Bread has wheat, ass hat.

>It's lacking on some proteins and nutrients but nobody said you should only eit Seitan.

Finally, someone with sense!

> "meat"
> literal pieces of rotting flesh from an animal that took shat, pissed and puked all over itself while it was in confinement, abused, then painfully slaughtered so you're dumb ass could have the privilege of getting cancer and dying from eating it every day.

But wheat gluten and beans are disgusting.

Uden bur.

McDonald's is the fucking bomb.

They could make that shit out of literal feces and I would still eat that shit if it tasted the same.

No one doubts that you would eat literal shit.

>not raising your own animals for slaughter in pristine and comfy conditions for maximum flavour

I'd offer to share but the misuse of "literal" triggers me.