How do I become /rangermode/?

By rangermode I don't mean look like the guy in the picture. I mean being able to do at least all of the following(if not greatly exceed):
>80 pushups in 2 minutes
>80 situps in 2 minutes
>12 pullups
>2 mile run in under 13 minutes
>5 miles in 35 minutes
>16 mile hike with 65lb backpack in 4-5 hours
Again, I need to be able to do this stuff at bare minimum. I have at the least 6 months to prepare, most likely more since I plan on delaying enlistment. So can anybody reccomend a general workout program that would help with this? I'm doing stronglifts as of right now, plan on switching to SS though to build strength necessary for it. My main concerns are cardio/running, and back, leg, and neck muscles due to the long marches with lots of weight.

Other urls found in this thread:

military.com/military-fitness/army-special-operations/army-ranger-pft
hundredpushups.com/
twohundredsitups.com/
50pullups.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=TxQT-wZdP28
fitnessbootcampscanada.com/Fitness/Pavel Tsatsouline - Naked Warrior.pdf
imgur.com/gallery/7QcBS
imgur.com/a/5nbmA
strengtheory.com/more-is-more
strengtheory.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/
strengthandconditioningresearch.com/strength/
powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-programs/
youtube.com/watch?v=D_fdeSQhMLk
cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/PSP/DFIT/Fitness/Correspondence/Documents/JTF2/JTF_SOA_20150624_1130-e_web.pdf
sofwods.com/wods/
thebratprogram.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/SORL_DEP_Workout_Phase_1_and_2.pdf
socnet.com/showthread.php?t=85289
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot to add this: military.com/military-fitness/army-special-operations/army-ranger-pft This better explains just what I have to train for. Thanks guys.

What can you do right now?

this

Well, as of right now I'm in shit tier shape. I used to be a track runner before I graduated HS (9 months ago) so I'm not a totally useless fuck, and I just restarted my lifts after a couple months off so not a whole lot. If I had to give an estimate I can probably do a mile in 8 minutes if I push it hard enough. As for my lifts, they're not much. Bench: 85 Squat: 95 Dead: 95. I'm about 150lbs at 5'10" right now so I'm not a fat fuck either. I can't really guess on how I'd fare with the hikes or the push and sit ups.

Why are you focussed on your weight lifting as opposed to what you can achieve from what it requires?

You could have done a 2min sit/press up test in the time it took to respond to that guy.

If you have 6 months i would be more concerned in finding out where you stand with the fitness tests required for enlistment then worrying about weights.

They're not gonna test you in the weight room, but if you can't even manage the 5 miles they're gonna tell you to fuck off.

You just need to do a lot of running, rucking, pushups, pullups, & situps.

Train for the exercises you will be tested on.

SS & gomad don't apply to these

> 2miles run under 13minutes

that will never happen unless you are a skeleton endurance runner, same with 5miles

I suggest you read The Naked Warrior asap and put your priority on pushups, situps, pullups and running. Don't waste your energy on other exercises.

Kekking @ u right now fatboy. If you are fit these times are ezpz.

He's probably a mountain of muscle with no functional strength who skipped all of his cardio because it's bad for the gains.

Good places to START:
>hundredpushups.com/
>twohundredsitups.com/
>50pullups.com/
>Couch to 5k + 10k
>Go hiking + app to measure distance etc

>how do i get better at running, rucking, and doing push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups?

SS + GOMAD

don't listen to the DYELs telling you to run, ruck, and do push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups

Ditch the weightroom and run, swim, and do pushups, pullups, and situps every other day per exercise.

lifting will get you nowhere. do weighted versions of those exercises if you really need it

2 miles in under 13 minutes can be achieved by any in shape male with a few month training

Most people that Veeky Forums would consider strong could in no way make those times.

Some professional crossfitters ? probably

Start sucking cock immediately

I'm not the strongest but two 6:30 miles is not that hard. Powerlifters probably won't, but in reality a 20 yo male should be able to do it after a month or two of running

200 8 count burpees daily
50 pullups
50 dips
200 leg raises
8 mins of planks at both pushups and elbow
hold postions pushups until failure.
5 mile runs daily with 2 mile PT test runs early in the morning.
deadlift, overhead press, curls, lat pulldown, lateral raises. anything else doesnt seem to help so use these only.

wrong picture.

youtube.com/watch?v=TxQT-wZdP28

In case it got drowned out by the Veeky Forums noise, read pic related.

pushups in 2 minutes
situps in 2 minutes
pullups
mile run in under 13 minutes
miles in 35 minutes
mile hike with 65lb backpack in 4-5 hours
Lol thinking any of that is outside of what a normal person should be able to do any day of the week.

You know less then fuck all about the average fitness level of the average person. Hell I doubt you can do that.

>80 pushups in 2 minutes
bench a lot
>80 situps
do 1 min high, to 1 min low, to 1 min on each side of planks, then do 20 candlesticks, 20 situps, 20 alternating crunches, and 20 flutter kicks with a 6 inch hold for 20 seconds at the end
>12 pullups
do a combo pushup/pullup workout. 10 diamond push ups straight into 10 regular ups, then straight into 6 pullups with 1 minute of rest. repeat 10 times
>2 mile run and 5 mile
do sprints every third day and a long run (5-7 mi) twice a week
>ruck
4-5 hours is a lot of time to do 16 miles my man. just diddly and make sure youre running.

Alright guys, the general picture I'm getting here is that I'm a retard for focusing on barbell strength training. So, what I'm piecing together is: calisthenics, run my ass off, get hiking asap. Thanks guys. Another question though, is eating at a 500 cal surplus still a good idea? I've been doing that plus a gram per lb of bodyweight for a couple weeks now and am finally gaining weight. Is there any accessory exercises I can do to specifically strengthen my back and neck muscles? I've heard the constant rucking will wreck them and I'd like to do what I can to prevent that in advance.

Gotta love Pavel.

Is it really that good? I found a pdf: fitnessbootcampscanada.com/Fitness/Pavel Tsatsouline - Naked Warrior.pdf But reading about it some of the reviews are mixed.

>12 pullups
wtf this is fucking nothing
80 pushups is equivalent to AT LEAST 20 pullups

If you read it and take it with a grain of salt you'll be able to do the pushups, situps and pullups within a month or two without even trying. It will really open your eyes if you're stuck in the bench/squat/dead state of mind. It's not that long, I read it on my way to uni and back in 2 days.

Thanks man. By grain of salt I take it that Pavel gets pseudosciencey at times?

you don't even need to hike much, if you can run like a god you'll ace yomping even with gear on.

Deadlifts can help the back/neck

imgur.com/gallery/7QcBS
imgur.com/a/5nbmA

strengtheory.com/more-is-more
strengtheory.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/
strengthandconditioningresearch.com/strength/
powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-programs/
youtube.com/watch?v=D_fdeSQhMLk

your gonna wanna be working out as much as possible and running twice as much.

Yea if you are running alot and doing a few hikes every month you'll need extra kcal.

It helps though, over the course of ranger school I'd be doing it over 200 miles. Its been recommended by every dude that has passed to ruck at least once a week for at least 5 or so miles. Your point is right though, I was able to hike 10-15 easy when I was running track and hiking in the boy scouts, how I'l manage with 65lbs on my back is another thing entirely.

>aiming for minimum/recommended scores

aim for like 1.25 to 1.5 times that and your absolute best times in running/rucking. the rucking is the only half complicated one and that's because it has a pretty real ability for a 1st class ticket to snap city.

i can't remember where i read it, but i remember reading somewhere that you don't even need to focus on training rucking much as a very strong runner will be able to deal with the gear anyway. that being said, i can't provide a source and hiking with gear isn't a bad way to spend a day anyway.

Milfag here

The only way to get really fucking good at calisthenics exercises is to do a ton of calisthenics exercises. Don't fuck with SS. The military does not give a flying fuck about what you can do in the weight room. As long as can throw your body around like a meth'd up spider monkey you're a golden child in the eyes of Uncle Sugar.

>By grain of salt I take it that Pavel gets pseudosciencey at times?
Not just that, but also counter-intuitive for a lot of people. But read it and see for yourself, it's ingenius for what it is.

Yeah, I said in the OP I need to hit those standards at minimum, but I'm intending to smash them anyway. Yeah, I should handle the rucks fine. I'm not too worried about speed but the long term effect of the weight worries me and it's probably the main thing I have to prepare for. Also, what are some things I can do to become as healthy as possible in terms of diet? On top of this, can anybody reccomend anything in terms of stretching, yoga, injury prevention techniques? Also, for those who may need it in the future I'm compiling the advice given and the links so that people who go down the same road have a better idea of how to prepare.

Yes. There's a lot of "russian scientists found a way to do X blah blah" but he's an undeniable expert in flexibility, mobility and bodyweight training and also kettlebells.

As far as barbell training goes, steer clear. I followed power to the people and whole I saw rapid gains in deads and OHP (incredibly fast), the lack of volume made it really hard to maintain it and I eventually regressed hard. Still haven't recovered the deadlift gains a year later.

is this good enough for a recomedation ?
obv 4 - 6 times a week would be ideal

Thanks man. What's your MOS( rate if you're a sailor) if you don't mind me asking? Also, have you been to RASP or SFAS?

Canadian infantryman here.

cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/PSP/DFIT/Fitness/Correspondence/Documents/JTF2/JTF_SOA_20150624_1130-e_web.pdf

Give this a read if you're serious about it. Keep in mind the 16 mile ruck with the 65lb load may or may not include full fighting order equipment which could be closer to 100lbs in total.

Good luck.

Ahh nice man, JTF2 are some special dudes and many Americans have nothing but praise for the quality of Canadian troops. Thanks for the help.

sofwods.com/wods/
thebratprogram.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/SORL_DEP_Workout_Phase_1_and_2.pdf

These along with the other links will give you some ideas. If you wanna rangermode, its pretty simple - dont be a pussy

Soldiers train all day every day while you go to gym 3 hours per week.

If you're brand spanking new to fitness then yes, I would definitely get in the weight room. However, even though it's practically heresy on fit if you're in the military you NEED to do calisthenics. Yes, benching a lot willl //marginally// help with push ups, but nothing gets you good at pushups like doing push ups. I'm on a PPL right now, but I work in calisthenics about 2 months before a big PT test.

92T0, USAF. Personally I have not, but I never really had any desire to. Always wanted to be a flyboy.

>> Yomping

Hat

Muhhhhh fuckshun

hat?

Thought you were RM, nevermind

Lol ok weeb

pongo kek

I use yomp over tabbing

Gavy? If so fuck me is your officer selection a pile of wank. 12 minute mile and a half to pass.

Army, brothers Navy in basic right now. He legit has fems in his section. I think they're swimming test is just to do a lap or two. Navy is fucked up.

Probably because they only have to dash to the donuts in the galley.

Are you a serving royal or training to join? I left lympstone at week 13 during basic, then joined the Army instead.

Are you that fat piece of shit who spent 10 months of training only to be able to run 5 miles at 9:35 minutes per mile

I don't know if anyone's mentioned him, but Stew Smith is maybe the #1 expert when it comes to military fitness. Check him out, he has a shit ton of free workouts and plans on his site along with ones that you can purchase. I think he has a 10 week Ranger/SF workout. His programs are NOT for beginners, but if you can run through one of them once or twice and hit the numbers he prescribes I guarantee you'll at least be physically prepared for whatever they throw at you.

Continue to lift weights for strength maintaining a cut. Don't really bulk, just maintain or cut if needed.
THEN, outside of that, do a pt plan, that takes up another hour. Body-weight, sprints, cardio, run short and long, up to 6 miles. Don't quit on those 6 miles either you fucking faggot.

Mate I'm not RM, I'm army

Thanks for all the advice guys, going to the gym now. (Yeah I know I should do calisthentics but I'll leave it for tomorrow when I have a plan for it) Will check up on this thread when I get home. Thanks everyone once again, I know this board can get shitty at times but guys who are willing to help out and give advice like the ones in this thread make it worth coming back here.

Those are the dumbest fucking tattoos I've ever seen

>I'm in week 4 of RASP (ranger assessment and selection process) right now
>we went from 160 to 30 in 2 weeks
>the Cadre are fucking huge and the fastest men I've ever met
Lifts and cardiovascular are a good base going in but none of that means shit if you aint a fuckin MONSTER mentally a especially when cole range week 2 comes around and you sleep 3 hours in 5 days and walk throught a river before the 5 rucks and 5 runs (7 miles each) and hit the woodline 2.4 million times

>Alright guys, the general picture I'm getting here is that I'm a retard for focusing on barbell strength training
No you are just a retard. Go outside and go for a walk every once in a while anyone who doesn't even know how to get fit has no place even thinking about special forces.

>professional crossfitters
>professional
>crossfitters

What sort of devil magic is that

hormone therapy and losing hard earned gainz

actually training for rangers as well. What I've learned so far is this. Do more push ups and sit ups than you will ever be tested on. It's all endurance testing. Not 1 rep max
Volume volume volume. As for running, Google hal higdon marathon and start that shit. You want to run fast at 5 miles? Run moderately fast at long runs. The full program probably isn't necessary, but you should be able to pound out a half marathon in less than 2 hours ez, and a sub 7 min mile for 5 miles should be good. Other than that, remember you posted the Minimum requirements. Shoot higher. You are looking at special forces. Good luck. Mabey one day we'll meet each other with that tab.

is this routine fine? I'm 6'0 150 pounds and want to put on mass. already read the sticky, just want to know if anyone would add / remove something from here.

socnet.com/showthread.php?t=85289

>not for enlistees

How do I into more pushups? I can do everything else on the list (and better/more reps) except 80 pushups in two minutes. I can only do 35 strict form pushups with strict breathing, 50 with decent form and shit breathing/rest times.

>inb4 grease the groove

But grease the groove though.

Soviet black magic

How to incorporate calisthenics, running, rucking, and strength training?
I figure low volume barbell training would be the way to go, work up to a heavy triple or something to that effect.
But how to schedule everything without it hampering the others?

2/75.

Just focus on powerlifting and building up your cardiovascular endurance. Don't both rucking just yet.

Once you get your PL Total North of 750ish, then start focusing on APFT Sorta stuff.

Be fully prepared to literally run everywhere you go until you get tabbed.