youtube.com/watch?v=Zq8FJixhzCs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

e4.

c5

d4

YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP!

Claiming white side with a temp trip

you don't really make any mental gains

You're more utilizing muscle memory than actually thinking(at least for the vast majority of players)

>nice man u know how to place chess ur so smart and sophisticated

except no
u just learn colors and how to move pieces

I guess no one is going to continue the game so I'm gonna go out. Someone else can take over white if black finally decides to play

pawn take on d4

don't do this
Bc4

>you just learn colors
Wow I just played chess and learned about the color white

Are you being racist, because if so then go back to

Don't you have a meaningless protest or march to be at?

Alex?

>He doesn't play chess every day

who is miring

>playing chess when you could be playing go

Not meaningless ones, no

fuckin normie

whats the best website to play free chest on?

Lichess

Development of the Mind, body, and soul.

This is the Socratic ideal.

DELETE THIS

how are u so good at puzzles btw

they're hard as fuck for me

hail hitler

Thousands of attempts on chesstempo have helped. I think Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual improved my calculation, too.

tfw I play chess online while doing cardio at the gym

It's too hard for my feeble brain

I could never past 1700 training even with literally 2500 puzzles done. also I've never gotten beyond 1800 in any gamemode

>Standard Rating: 1138.1
>Blitz Rating: 1308
>Endgame Rating: 1446.4

Everything has stalled now and I can't seem to move higher.

What's the best way to improve at this point?

learn to get good

that rating is really shit and you probably make very obvious mistakes

I'm surprised you thought your post was worth posting. You haven't answered my question at all., you merely reaffirmed that I need to improve.

Maybe I'm just to smart for chess.

Well there's nothing really to specifically give you help on. You literally said "Here's my rating (which is tremendously low, and shows lack of basic understanding of chess), how can I improve?"

You need to work on everything which is what I meant by "learn to get good". It's like lifting, what you posted is the equivalent of someone posting their flabby fat body and saying "Hey guys what do I need to work on? What is my physique lacking?".

Not only does your rating signify a lack of basic understanding but you didn't even ask a concrete question. Are you having issues on openings? Middlegame? end-game? -- In fact it doesn't even matter because you likely just suck as a whole and need more experience.

You won't ever get past 1300+ without practicing daily. You should start with chesscademy . com because it has a good tutorial program.

You have to practice tactics and play games daily.. You also have to have a computer analysis of your games to find out places you messed up.

Being around 1200 means you are competent but no where near good enough to play a moderatly good player.

It sucks, I was at around 1600 but just started losing games and spending less time practicing and fell down to 1250. I'm trying to climb back up but it's fucking hard and right now I don't have the time with school, work, workouts, and actually having a social life now.

Heil Hitler

youtube.com/watch?v=SMe-hvCwTRo

youtube.com/watch?v=F_PjbuciFvY

youtube.com/watch?v=Zq8FJixhzCs

love this slav

haha
fucking playing chess instead of the GOAT board game that is 100% guarenteed to fuck u up.

You know Alex too?

any good books to start learning, and also a good place to play?

the game always interested me but never got started on it

Chess network is good to watch, also entertaining with good explanations

hey man after my minis i play a couple games but i dont claim to be some super chess god

Uh i meant for go but thanks anyway

tfw 1400 scrub

Which app is this? Thanks

You need to learn a variety of tried and true openings, developments and endgames. An extensive knowledge of these is what separates a GM from a halfway decent player, not speed or ability to think.

nah, as long as u know the basic opening concepts of developing pieces and attacking the center the way u get better after that is refining ur midgame tactics

get the fk out of here with your 1.e4 you KNOW we roll wih d4

if u guys saw anish giri's wife, sopiko, you might change your mind

>You're more utilizing muscle memory
Which is a good thing if you don't want Alzheimer.

Just look up some tutorial on youtube and then play a bit on a 9x9 board to get a feel for the game.
I personally find Go books to be a bit confusing, but the Nick Sibicky channel on youtube is a pretty good place to learn up untill you reach lower single digit kyu ranks.

d19 ?

whats your rank? do you play on KGS?

>time spent playing: 30 days

You could have read the complete works of Shakespeare 15 times. Or read countless books in that time.

Correct.
E18 would have worked as well.
I don't really know what my rank is, I mainly play against computers and I've only played against another person once.
But if I had to guess I'd say it's somewhere between 10 and 6 kyu if I bother to focus somewhat

Books are for fucking idiots. Idle pieces of entertainment for the sheeple. Chess sharpens my mind as if it were a blade; I could slay any "book reader" with my mind blade like the maggots they are.

Get your shit in the midle
Just defend
Suddenly win the game.

This is how you play around 1300 and its piss easy.

So much this. I always see libtards show off about reading books and shit, but books actually make you dumber, not smarter.

So you could beat any contemporary GM?

Your move Veeky Forums

You need a fucking partner to pratice chess, I'd rather go for Sudoku.

No I'm saying I'm smarter than most book reading idiots. Don't reply to me if you're intellectually idiotic.

play online idiot. hey a good rating and youll be vsing top players. sudoku is for babies and its basically a guessing game with minor thought involved