antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/GymnasticBodies

>Safest Static Hold Progression
Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
> www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC
library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/7663751/
savannahstate.edu/cost/nrotc/documents/Inform2010-thearmstrongworkout_Enclosure15_5-2-10.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ITT high school and middle school virgins

Low traffic day on /bwg/ as usual

woa fast bump, thanks Veeky Forumsshill

I really want to get into body-weight excersises but proggress is incredibly slow because im a heavy bult guy. Any suggestions?

You can try losing weight but I dont think being heavy will stop you.
Alex from alpha destiny can do 1 arm chin ups and hes very heavy for his height.

Ok cool. I guess I just have to be more patient

do you have high bf%? are you trying to lose weight? those are important points, personally I'm maintining 200lbs for over 3years now and bw is fun due to exercise progression, also 'someday I will do a planche' is much more satisfying goal than 'someday I will bench 3pl8s'

Monitoring the thread

How to increase pushup reps without grease the groove and while working on other stuff like pullups and dips? Should I just do variations?

I've been trying to find an answer to this question.

When I'm in a plank or pushup position where do my biceps need to be facing?

Allegedly, when on tour with Faith No More in Brazil in the early 90s. Mike Patton performed a front lever hanging from some scaffolding by the side of the stage. He then proceeded to hold that front lever for the entire duration of the guitar solo to their song "Epic"

What a man...

Not sure what rep count you're at but if it's below ~8 you should alternate between push-ups and dips every second session. If it's more than 8 what's you're goal number?

>Plank
which variation? elbow plank - forward, straight arm - towards each other (inward)
>Push up
There are many variations, thought the most basic triceps pushup your biceps is facing forward

>pushups with dips
That's why I like Foundation, dips progression beyond pushups for bent arm strength, which rep are you aiming for? Pic related is progression I used for push ups

Wow!!!!

>skelle
>do shittons of situps, leg raises and crunches
>abs still not really visible or defined but can still see ribcage

haha

At least my arms are getting nice

Didn't mean to reply

situps are bad for you senpai desu

>tfw cant even do 1 pullup or 1 pistol squat
REEEE

what the other guy said, don't do situps crunches or leg raises

do planks instead, and stomach vaccum.

did you do the progression leading up to those movements?

no, i have very limited equipment and i also don't know the progressions

Good job OP.

I might add a very interesting book, called Overcoming Gravity by Steven Low

You can learn pistol squats with a door, literally.
Just hold the door with one hand, and help yourself going down.

Gor the progressions, just google it, man

Thanke

>limited equipment
I don't even have a pull up bar mate, I don't train them obviously, I don't also do legs, but everything is covered in Foundation books (link in OP)

Is the book free or do you have a magnet link? Just give me link I'll add it next time

I do 4 out of 7 foundation movements and I hit abs with at least 2 of them, mainly Manna and Front Lever movements
pic is Manna (final form I think)

Actually had no pics for front lever, found Franco doing it, pretty nice.

>I don't even have a pull up bar mate, I don't train them obviously, I don't also do legs, but everything is covered in Foundation books (link in OP)
what do you do then? just chest?

No, pull ups are in Rope Climb, I believe, I do bent over rows with barbell for that, I do hammer curls for biceps isolation
>hurr durr curls
If you are asking what I do from Foundation, I mentioned in another thread, it's Manna, Front Level, Hollow Body Press and Straddle Planche
Plus the two weight lifting movements I mentioned is my program.

Yes, that's the Manna.

Funny thing, Franco Columbu is from my same region in Italy.

Book isn't free, but here's the link
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A2B8BE80F4A4302611D20903AF584FF04B3C911E&dn=Steven_Low_-_Overcoming_Gravity_2011.pdf&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

You can workout a lot of muscles with literally no equipment.

>You can workout a lot of muscles with literally no equipment.
not him but please post some routine relating to this, everything in foundation requires a lot of equipment

The ones I do don't require any euipment, only FL and HBP but that's WAY into program (at least 15months in if not more)

I'll add the link and seed it myself

Thanks. I found this one easier than the foundation series. Also, have you ever tried the GMB series?

Download Overcoming Gravity and read the book (it's like 300 pages).
I can't write you a routine (that depends on too many things) but you can easily write one yourself.

Just a little glimpse to the exercises you can do
Push up (and all the variations)
Squat
Plank
Manna
V sit up
Frog stand
Handstand
V push up

What variant of pushup works the pecs more? Hands closer together or hands wider apart?

It doesn't matter which one works the pecs more. You do want to be proficient with each exercise and then move to a more complex one. Bodyweight exercise works under this principle. Classical pushup might be easy, but try doing it with your legs raised on a desk.
If you do diamond pushup, you'll work a lot with your triceps too. If you're proficient with pushup/diamond/ I'd suggest you to do archer pushup.

>don't do situps crunches or leg raises
Why not? Genuinely curious

Straight arms, use chest to move your shoulders down, then relax the muscles to bring shoulders down, it's in Foundation level 1 for HBP i believe

I googled that too many times, you can do it yourself, basicaly it's bad for your lower back

Nah, haven't tried GMB, also didn't read the overcoming gravity, since it's a book I don't have much time for those, I kinda made my routine from Foundation so I'm good on that front

>tfw no gymnastics folder at home

So I've built too many quads, and lack hammies. What BW stuff will help them catch up quickest? Preferrably something I can do with no equipment, obviously.
Pic related

You mean you have no calves, right?

How do I start doing pullups or chinups? Should I do assisted chinups or should I just do cable pulldowns?

How do I improve my belly though?

Here's progression if you're too lazy to go through the books in the thread.
Look up archer push ups. They get pecs breddy gut.
You can try negatives. It worked for me well. There's Scoobsters tutorial in OP's pasta.
Planks work nice.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/7663751/

Another torrent. I find your magnet to be almost dead.

Manna, Hollow Body Hold and Front Lever from Foundation

Pull ups don't start from pull ups, if you download Foundation it's the Rope Climb progression

I used magnet since torrent links have shitty ads and such, do you have magnet for that
Here is the magnet for your torrent

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

Gonna add both to OP next time

Ok, I'll post the magnet next time. I have like 3 different versions of addblock, so I rarerly see any ads.

>can do 60 pushups a minute
>fall over when trying an archer pushup

is it a balance/technique thing?

Stop being weak

You considered the option of not being strong enough?
Archer push ups hit stronger different muscles than regular push ups.

Was lifting for 4 months and ran out of money for gym so I switched to bodyweight. I've done three days of bodyweight exercise in the past week. I think I now have a shoulder injury from those three sessions.... Maybe it's great but definitely not for me. Lots of clicking/popping/grinding in both shoulders and pain in my left :)

How...how could you injure yourself doing basic bodyweight stuff?
What exercises were you doing?

he thought he can use shit form doing push ups

form is just as important as it is in lifting buddeh

I'd like to be in the high rep range--shooting for 100 in 2 minutes (eventually, it is definitely a long way off).

Why?

newfag here and i just wanted to know if im wasting my time doing wat i currently do which is:
10 diamond pushups, 10 reg pushups, 5 diamond pushups. 30 second rest. i try to repeat but i only squeeze out 8 diamonds, 10 regulars and i collapse if try to do more than 3 diamonds again. i have to wait like 10-15 mins to go again other wise ill just be sprawled out on the floor :/

Is TRX suspension a meme?

what's the point in doing different push ups? reg pushups are shit tier senpai

wth is that?

some product that seems to be useless and boasts its used by the army

Looks like heavily marketed replacement for rings.
I'd say yes.

What do you want to achieve with that?
You just gave random number of push ups variation and stated thay you can't do it. What is your question exactly?
Set your goal, choose one of the programs and stick with it.

because different types of push ups do different things? and im not advance enough to do all those extra sounding pushups (aside from elevated). if i could do all those other pushups more than 3 times i would do them but until then ill stick to shit tier ones desu.

wat annoys me is that i can never do sets of 3, im always flat out burnt out by the third set :/

are there any good back exercises that dont require a pull up bar?

>Can bench 185lbs for 5 reps
>Struggle to do more than 8 Elbows in push-ups

I'm seriously starting to consider dropping the conventional barbell lifts and start doing a bunch of bodyweight + dumbbell training.

>because different types of push ups do different things?
And what different things you want to target with them?
They aren't that different in terms of motion you make. Diamond push ups are just harder variation.

i want to target chest and triceps. variations i will probably go on to do eventually which isnt my main issue. the problem that im having is i feel like im maxing myself out and so that limits the number of sets i can do. i always get confused when i hear people working out for like an hour because isnt the whole point of muscle growth is to hit ur limit, rest and then hit ur limit again (which should get further away the more u hit it)?

Push ups are triceps exercise, it's like saying 'different curls do different things' which is only PARTIALLY true, it's a biceps exercise like push ups are triceps.

try Foundation rep progression, also if you get burned out before you finish 3rd set, two things:
1) Rest 5 mins between sets
2) Eat some carbs 1h before working out (I eat a chocolate bar 50g or so)

Do you do bench with only your triceps? If you do bench with your chest (elbows to the side) then do triceps push up, you will struggle
Try foundation, you can pick and choose which movements you like, I did.

for chest push ups are the worst thing you can do, just gonna fuck up your shoulders if you target chest, the only thing you can do is pick related

Any one got tips for increasing one arm chin ups reps ? I've been stuck on one rep for so long, it's a little disheartening.

Sets of negatives?
Worked for me for regular chin ups, so maybe they'll work for you too.

do you guys advocate doing cardio with a bodyweight routine?

I'm 172 lbs and want to cut since my bf% is at least 20% should i combine cardio with my cut to speed up the process?

Yes and no.
You're suppose to hit your limit (or get close), but you also should finish your routine.
They are usually structured to do 3-6 sets of 6-12 reps. With lifting it's easy, you can add and remove weight and you can do it with relatively small amounts. With bodyweight it gest little more tricky, because you're doing different exercise. Still if you can't do harder exercise you should finish with easier one. So if you can't do diamonds finish with regular ones or knee ones if you're really tired.

Rules are same as with lifting routine.
Go for it.

try doing Foundation rep progression, theres 15, 10 and 5 rep progressions, pic related is 15rep

cardio is just cardiovascular exercise, you can achieve doing bw (or lifting) with minimal rest

Yes
If you want to cut you should ideally combine calisthenics with cardio
If cardio is not your thing or you don't have much time then I suggest doing burpee ladders or tabata full body calisthenics circuits.
The latter was my preferred cardio as well as my only workout for a few months and I saw fantastic result in stamina and muscle density.
BUT it will outright slap your shit if you do it 5 days a week.

I'd say focus first on getting to 100 then turn your efforts to getting the time down. That being said, there's no way to improve like that without greasing the groove

they're basically the same exercise.
Just do sets of diamonds. Or work into incline pushups
Or those with dips cause at least youd have a horizontal and a vertical push

bumping this bread to save it from obscurity

I get the feeling that there's constantly 2-3 persons here and only occasionaly someone comes and asks quetions.

do back bridges do anything for hypertrophy
or just general flexibility

also where to progress from basic back bridge?

i sometimes feel a decent pump from them if i hold them as an isometric for a long time. Obviously wouldn't be as effective as pullups or something though

Yes if you do them long enough. You won't be getting massive gains though.

I would suggest doing Glute Ham Raises instead.
Shit is fucking ridiculous.

Oh and look up the progression chart for CC.
It's the only one that I can recall that has a back bridge progression.

>CC
?

They're great for flexibilty, try walking while in a bridge, shit's hard

Sorry, forgot that the op post for the BWG thread was trash now.

Convict Conditioning.

isnt the one in convict conditioning the wall walk kinda thing?
wouldn't i benefit more from like one leg or whatever?
i dont have anywhere for ghr or id be all over dat shit
will try

Just want to point out that the "why bodyweight?" section in OP doesn't actually give any reasons for doing bodyweight exercises over traditional weightlifting.

That's insane!!!

He's pretty yoked though, not surprised t b h

I'd assume there are a heap of lurkers like every thread. Normally I'm one of them.

agree'd sorta
its more like check out this cool shit you can do if you bodyweight for like a bunch of years

savannahstate.edu/cost/nrotc/documents/Inform2010-thearmstrongworkout_Enclosure15_5-2-10.pdf
nobody ever talks about this program is it good or not

So the straight arm plank and the pushup are different positions? My elbows feel better when my biceps face forward.

I just never see this being discussed and am wondering which position is safer.

What hand position do you have for planche?
I'm assuming you do it on floor, but do your fingers point forwards, to the side, or backwards?

>tfw a red panda is stronger than everyone in this thread

>weigh 10lbs
>do muscle-ups forever
Can it Azarian, though?

ill have to ask him

what can i do to hit traps

theres no difference between hanging leg lifts and leg lifts from dip support position, in terms of ab muscle usage, correct?

What exercises hit lower abs?

How do I get my pullup number up?

by doing pullups dumb dumb

you can also look into doing them weighted or look up pavel's grease the groove method

Supermans are good
If you have the equipment you can do Side Lever from Foundation

Thanks for the bump desu

Correct

If I'm not mistaken, after back bridge you do back bridge push ups, I think back bridge is part of mobility in one of the movement from Foundation, I just can't find it right now

if you can do 5x60s you should find a way to increase the difficulty

>convict conditioning
>thrash
right on both

so 'why lift' you would post what? ripppletits talking about milk benefits? or someone DLifting 6pl8s?

push up is dynamic and plank is static, so yes they are different

>My elbows feel better when my biceps face forward
that's one of the reasons you should do push ups with your elbows by your side (triceps push up)

I can't do a planche yet, I have shit wrist mobility (I couldn't do a push up before because my wrists would hurt) It's getting better now, I currently do PPPU and I have my fingers to the side, I imagine for planche I will have fingers facing backward

Hand stand push ups I reckon

shouldn't be

do the foundation progression for rep count, 15rep is I suppose the same ones that hit your inner upper chest

Thread still alive, woo

appreciate your work homie