Meal Prep Containers

Where do you ausbrahs get meal containers from?

Ideally some that are reusable.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Container-Leakproof-Microwave-Dishwasher-Rectangle/dp/B0175EUOL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

meal prep general? /mpg/

how long do you guys actually store your stuff? I cant keep chicken in a box in the fridge for a whole week, can I?

Nah you freeze it then thaw it out in the microwave. It doesn't taste the greatest sure but it gets the job done. Just set a time every week to make your meals and make a routine of it and easy as pie cunt bob's your child molesting uncle with beautiful hands.

Put however many in the fridge. And all the rest in the freezer
Everytine you take out the fridge, swap in one in from the freezer. one out, one in

today is actually my prep day, so I'll make lots more than usually and put it in the freezer. I normally prep for two days, then repat on the third. thank you both.

Bump

I meal prep the weeks lunches and dinners every sunday.

Lunch x 6
>roasted fingerling potatoes
>broccoli
>cajun crusted sole

Dinner x 6
>brown rice
>sausage, chicken and kidney beans in tomato sauce

I put 3 of each in the fridge, 3 of each int he freezer

You can buy meal prep containers from eBay. Just search that exact term.

Can get like 20 for $28AUD
I don't know if they're legit safe for microwaving or BPA free though. I might risk it.

> from Hong Kong

Nah, don't wanna risk it

Yeah that's why I haven't purchased any yet.
Then again though, everything you'll find in fucking Coles or somewhere would probably come from Hong Kong too, but cost you $5 per container. Prices suck here.

Atleast Coles & Woolies have a presumption of safety.
Easier to go in and raise hell in the event the containers posion you

I use the red things from woolies, bought a few a week so i could afford food too. They work well at least

any good reheat-able BPA free containers?

or does anyone know of any nice wood containers?

Wood? Worse than BPA..
shitton of bacteria

Just buy a glass one

that'd probably be better. I'd be worried that I'd break them though.

> 2 lbs ground beef
> 2 lbs whole wheat pasta
> 3 green peppers
> 2 cans Ragu red pepper/onion sauce

Bring water to a high boil (important). Cook pasta for 8-10 minutes, if freezing it you want the pasta al dente. Brown ground beef, add spices. Cook green peppers in olive oil, add to ground beef when done. Add pasta sauce to beef/peppers.

Spoon pasta into 7 separate containers, then meat sauce on top. I usually freeze 3 and keep 4 in the fridge. Eat one each day for lunch.

For around $10 depending on beef price you can get 7 very nutritious meals. I have eaten this meal everyday for ~6 months.

Actually I might make a Veeky Forums infographic on this next week.

pyrex makes tupperware, you have you really go out of your way to break that shit

how are they compared to glass lock? They're made in america so that's a plus, but I like glass locks glass lids.

I bought 3 sets of these.

amazon.com/Container-Leakproof-Microwave-Dishwasher-Rectangle/dp/B0175EUOL8

No leaking no breaking no weird stains or odors and dishwasher safe.

Do you ever change some stuff? I don't think it' ll hurt getting some different micros from time to time does it?

i would meal prep more often but I still live with my family and they eat my food

what is the recipe called? i want to see it on youtube cuz im retarded

>I don't think it' ll hurt getting some different micros

why dont you just use tupperware? I use these ones made from rubermaid and they work great

Wat...
>make 15+1 meals on Sunday
>Stick em all in the fridge(minus the one for dinner)
>3 a day
>Fridays taste 95% as good as Monday's.

Am I missing something?

And these split containers

>eating out of plastic
have fun with your high est

because chemicals might have non-beneficial attributes that may seep into the food, especially during reheating.

you do you but I am paranoid and don't want to be turned into a soft baby faggot by my food container.

Isn't everything required by law to be bpa free?

They replace bpa with something else that is equally shit if not worse. I forget the name of it.

>Isn't everything required by law to be bpa free?
yeah probably since everyone got spooked by it, but I am even more spooked and don't know how to make plastic so they might have added something different that's still bad.

If I have a homemade lunch box then I know exactly whats in it.

every time i freeze my chicken and rice the rice literally stays rock hard even after i defrost is

fml

>freezing food

why, just cook it then refridgerize and reheat it when tomorrow happens.

It's called "spaghetti with meat sauce"

Some of you guys are fucking retarded I swear to god.

How do you not know how to cook pasta?

>2 cans kidney beans
>Small can tomato paste
>Large can of stewed tomatoes
>Large can of tomato sauce
>2lbs ground turkey
>1 green pepper
>1 onion
>However many hot peppers you want
>1 beef bouillon cube
>Garlic
>Basil

>Rough chop all vegetables
>Brown onions, green pepper, garlic in some olive oil
>Add ground turkey
>Cook until browned
>Put beef bouillon cube in 1 cup of water and microwave for 60 seconds
>Dump everything you have in a giant pot
>Medium heat for an hour

Eat

Add water before reheating dipshit

>Some of you guys are fucking retarded I swear to god.
kek'd

Forgot to say that my recipe is for spicy turkey chili in case it wasn't obvious

I add a shit ton of red pepper flakes and about 5 Thai chilis or jalapenos

you'd need to heat the plastic to almost melt for some shit get in the food

I use fitpacker (check on amazn)
They can run a little small if I'm on a bulk
>ymmv

I use those, pretty happy with them. They are a bit small at times but they are cheap and reusable.

I live next to some korean market and they have glass/pyrex containers with fitting lids for super cheap. Like $2 for a regular sized bowl. I use those because I'm not fond of the idea of eating plastic shit.

I buy the dollar store ones and reheat on a plate at work.

this minus the Korean market place just fork out a few more bucks for the legit make America great again shit

Please do!

pyrex you nignog or take out your food out and put it on a plate when you microwave it

pyrex you nignog or take out your food out and put it on a plate when you microwave it
I put my grilled chicken in an air tight Tupperware and it lasts all week, rice on the other hand needs to me made twice a week