Aside from being a fat troll is Jason's ICF 5X5 good for a novice?

I've been doing calisthenics for about 8 months, and I want to get some strength and aesthetics, it seems like it will be time effective (my gym closes at 5pm, fucking crazy right? I only have 1:30 hours after school) and seems more reasonable than SL or SS.

I'm thinking of removing hyperextensions and cable crunches to minimize time-spent. (plus they don't seem to offer anything special that deadlifting doesn't have)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LOelxV4SfMg
startingstrength.com/coaching/gyms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2-3 hours in the gym
>Taxing as fuck.
>You will stall very fast

Its shit.
Do 3x5 and add in 3 sets of curls and 2 sets of chinups/pullups and you have a 10 times better routine.

idk where to do pullups in my gym if they even have a pullup bar

I have one at home however, it takes me 15 mins to get home, if I got home and then did chinups/pullups will that be as effective or should I just not bother?

should I not do tricep extensions? (my triceps are weak af)

>rack bar as high as it goes on smith machine
>bend knees
>do pullups

every gym has a pullup bar or at least power rack with it. if they don't they suck. tell them to install one.

youtube.com/watch?v=LOelxV4SfMg

this is a tour/video/promotion video of the inside of my gym, can you see one there?

0:09 to the right

cheers mates, my eyesight is pretty shitty

btw that bench in that same shot, is it a decline bench or is it for incline?

do squats deadlifts benchpress, The Press, rows, pullups 3x5 and you're golden
yes you can do pullups 15 minutes later or even the next day

incline in picture but you can regulate the angle of it and it goes all the way down to flat bench

oh you probably meant the bench behind him not next to him. that looks like decline

Just do SS goddammit. This is the most popular novice program and memes aside, Rippetoe has a LOT of clients vs Jason Blaha who is a nobody and is a huge retard. Heck there are Starting Strength gyms out there startingstrength.com/coaching/gyms

The only reason not to SS but a similar linear progression program is just to be different which is retarded.

do I do those every workout day or should I split it into A and B? for e.g. A I do: Squats, DL, BP and rows, B I do: squats, DL, The Press and pullups?

thanks user

I'm currently doing jason's 5x5 and enjoying it a lot, but if you only have 1:30 hours i don't reccomend it to you.

If i was you i would look for another program that you can follow 100% instead of changing one to your liking. Try pick related if you want, it will give you most of the gains you would get with blaha's 5x5 but in way less time.

what does "2x5, 1x5+" mean? does that mean on your last set go up to whatever?

sorry I didn't read that bit,
I suffered head trauma recently so disregard my specialness

SS takes 1 hour. SL takes longer, ad ICF 5x5 would take longer and is made by a 150% autistic guy with and IQ level right above down syndrome.

how long does take?

maybe I can sort something out with the owner to let me stay in a bit longer or something

>removing hyperextensions
dont that shit is basically rehab for your lower back

Here is a real novice program for the average new years resolution type:

AxxBxxx

Workout A:

Lat Pulldown 3x5
Push-ups 3 sets for reps
Conventional Deadlift 2x5

Workout B:

Lat Pulldown 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Sumo Deadlift 2x5

Walk at least 20 minutes on rest days in addition to your normal activity.

You will have completed this program when you can do all of the following:

Pull-ups 3x5
Push-ups > 50 reps total
Deadlift 50% bodyweight with good form (both versions)
Overhead press 40% bodyweight with good form
Walking 20 minutes feels like nothing

At this point, you should have the basic work capacity needed to do a classic novice program like Starting Strength without burning out.

is this good? I'm considering trying it