Shyness keeps fucking over my existence

>shyness keeps fucking over my existence
>can't even go to the gym because of it even though I kind of want to

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gjXB8ivmWLs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just go.
You'll be fine.

I went there a few times and people were looking at me in a werid way.

That could be two things.
You are either imagining it.
Or that'd be a person you should not care about
Either way keep at it.

Wear clothes next time

>spent 6 months working out in a garage home gym
>terrified of going to an actual gym and being judged
>move to a new city and have to go to an actual gym
>realise within one session that nobody gives a fuck, no one is paying attention to anybody else at all and everyone there is listening to music and basically in their own world

Just do it. No one is really going to even look at you unless you drop 50kg on the floor and make a giant noise or something

Go to /r9k/. You'll fit right in.

They werent looking at you. They were probably zoned out and didnt realize their face was pointed in your direction. It happens to people all the time. The only time anyone ever notices another person in the gym is when they need the equipment you are using.

just go at 3 in the morning when no ones there thats how i get around this problem

of course that means you have to reschedule your whole fucking life around needing to be awake at 3am but gains are more important than anything else anyway

Just pretend you are better than everyone
It actually works

It's not shyness keeping you down. You yourself is what's keeping you down.

Don't let that faggot keep you down. Go, and whenever insecurity plays up, realize it's that faggot you whining. Not you you. Because you'll actually be going out making it.

L-Theanine

I do this too desu. Except at 6am - the 1st shift wageslaves all filter out leaving just myself and a few other autists.

shut up that's just you
people can be dicks and can stare at anyone who's different in a way

I look at everyone

Even then, so what? They're not even interacting with you

It really isn't as bad as you think, I have only been going for a few months but was really apprehensive about it for a long time before that. Finally thought fuck it and went, it was fine. Just stick my headphones in and do my thing, don't speak to anyone and to be honest everyone is just focussed on their own shit.

There is nothing to worry about

Lifting is very good for confidence and willpower user. Just don't curl in the squat rack and no one will judge you unless you're a white person living in Chicago

I would do this because of my crippling social anxiety, except I don't like being nocturnal.

At my gym the emptiest time during the day is from around 1pm to 3pm. It's a lull in between the morning busy hours and the afternoon/evening busy hours, kind of like the slow period at a restaurant in between lunch and dinner. It's obviously still busier than past midnight but it works for me.

>even though I kind of want to
No you don't.

Ignorant twat.

how are you different?

If OP wanted to go he would, but """""""""""muh shyness"""""""""""" is a legendary level excuse.

>is a legendary level excuse.
And that makes it the same for everyone? Maybe you should grow up, some people actually have to deal with crap like that which you can't even begin to understand what it feels like.

>can't even go to the gym

that's not shyness you autistic faggot, you have severe social anxiety

Giving it another name doesn't change the outcome.

>some people actually have to deal with crap like that which you can't even begin to understand what it feels like.

youtube.com/watch?v=gjXB8ivmWLs

Your incapable of thinking, congratulations.

Why don't you realize nobody gives a shit? Nobody at the gym even remembers you. You're not even worth remembering.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that shyness was a fucking mental illness now? Is that OP is suffering from? Does he have severe social anxiety? I'm just trying to find out, cause unless that's what's going on, he doesn't want to go.

Just go every fucking day it will get better trust me.
Was feeling totally the same

I'm a social nervous wreck, today I went to the gym for my induction and he showed me like the leg press, hamstring curl, bench press etc (he didn't show me deadlift or squat he said train with these first, and I don't know what to do when I feel strong enough, go and ask him to show me how or what? I literally fucking die thinking about going and asking him)

anyway I was well nervous and I was shaking through everything even walking, but I got through it, and tomorrow I'm going again

You're just another fucking dweeb who goes to the gym. Chad is too busy focusing on his workout and talking to Kevin about all the sloots they banged last night to give a fuck about the scrawny/fatso in the corner. Same goes for everyone. N O B O D Y C A R E S.

Literally what everyone is trying to tell you, user. Why do you think you're so fucking important? You're not special.

That's not an argument. Congratulations.

This just isnt true at all. People judge you in the gym way more than anywhere else. Not only is the main gym goer your average dick, he is also on a mission to prove to himself how better he is than everybody else and you are a direct contender to him.

You might not notice, they might not react to it. Your experience might be pleasant, those people might be cool on the outside, but they always judge.

On the other hand, that shouldnt scare you off. Because in the end you probably dont know those fucks and you arent lifting for them either.

9/10 times the people there do not care who you are or why you are there. If they are staring they either want whatever youre using or your form is so wonky that they feel the need to help you. Just fucking go.

Yeah and then they go home and masturbate about how they're so much better than you.

>OOOOOH YEAAH I'M SO MUCH BIGGER THAN THAT DYEL AT THE GYM HNNNNNNG

Also they probably remember everything you told them so every time you speak to somebody at the gym make sure you perfectly convey whatever you want to say.

So if you fucked up and said some dumb shit one day you better not come in the next one cause they'll have a massive surprise party waiting for you to berate you on that dumb shit you did no matter how small it was. In fact, it might be safer if you never went to that gym at all and changed your identity so that nobody recognizes you. Just make sure to live your life perfectly after that, ok?

To take seriously though, perhaps, but they don't really "care." Just like you give a passing glance to somebody and think "lol what a dumb jacket".

It's irrelevant to your life.

Seriously do you have sever social anxiety or something? Because I'm a turbo autist - one time I almost forgot how to speak because I hadn't spoken in over a month, and I still go to the gym ignore everything and lift

>one time I almost forgot how to speak because I hadn't spoken in over a month

holy shit you got me good

Please don't post my waifu.

Also just realize that no one really gives a fuck. Even if they're looking at you, it's a natural thing for everyone to do. They more want to see what everyone else is doing between sets. Even if they do judge you, they're not going to straight up bully you. They're too busy with their own routine, just as you'll be too busy working on your own thing to give a shit about what they're doing. I was nervous the first time going too just because a bit of anxiety, but that first session made me realize there's really nothing to be scared of.

If I see a few neckbeards and legbeards as regulars come in a few times a week, so can you.

The average gym goer isnt autistic Veeky Forumsfag you are describing. The bros judge you among themselves, not individually, but in a group. These people talk shit behind everybodys back everywhere, why would you assume they wouldnt do that in gym where their ego is at its peak? If some new guy struggle with 60Kgs bench, they will point it out to their group, they will snicker. If you come to the gym with lame shoes, they will get a kick out of it. Its how they have their fun.

Its not about you, its about them. They ultimately dont give a shit about you, they just want to talk smack and laugh among themselves. It is irrelevant to your life, just as you said. But never for a second believe that people act any different in a gym or that they give a fatass a break because he is trying to lose the weight.

Your gym sounds terrible, user. I know the dudes at my gym and every time they talk shit it's pretty playful and most of all they just try to be helpful to newbies.

Like this shit:
>be me
>starting weighted dips and choose 10lbs plate
>gymbro looks at me and grins
>"Woah holy shit user, you sure you can lift that much? That might be a lot for you"
>kek
>fuck that guy

But yeah every time I needed help I just asked and they gave me tips.

>be shy
>get tired of being skinnyfat
>go to gym in early morning
>stare at the floor most of the time with earphones
>try not to interact with people
>sometimes people give me tips or compliment my progress
>some faggot on an alcoholics anonymous message board says I'm a judgemental dick that's in some imaginary competition

Are you saying your gyym dont have curlbros? Because I am talking about those fucks. And dont be confused, modern curlbros dont do curls anymore. Same shit, same person, just a different time. The not training legs meme changed curlbros and they try to pretend to be powerlifters now. I am talking the chads. These people wont be making small talk with you. They dont try to befriend you.

I mean I was training in a small men gym with no girls in a city with atleast 3 way bigger and more popular fitness centers in a smal country in Europe and I still saw these kind of people. I wonder where you live if your gyym dont have them at all.

If you are alone, you do not apply.

I don't look around to see who's in my gym

I do my exercises, talk to who I need to talk and get out (also flashglance any qts that pass by me)

I just carry myself with confidence through my workout even if I am dyel cause
>making fun of people at the gym

Idk m8, I've seen people laugh in groups but they're probably laughing about some shit they said and not at me

so not in my gym

>Why do you think you're so fucking important? You're not special.
For some reason that's the best advice in here, user. Why would someone care about me? Yeah, that makes sense.

Same here, buddy. But we are on a fucking Veeky Forums. These people are different than us. I once thought people are like me and automatically respect everybody in the gym, since by just being there they are making an effort in bettering myself. Then I noticed that somebody was laughing at me just for the way I was saying "see you" while leaving the gym. Thats all it takes.

Dont think about others and do your stuff, but dont think for a second that everybody do that as well.

This is the best. I work night shifts and lift after work at a 24/7 gym at around 1AM. No one around except other nocturnal lifters. Might try to actually talk to them at some point to make social gains.

Dont worry guys, Chads will take the 15 seconds to make fun of your way too large shorts. They wont care that those are so large since you lost weight, you arent that important to them, thats for sure. But they will sure as fuck laugh at home lame you look in those now.

The only gym in my area has opened from 0830 - 2200.

>the average anime-poster

I stare at people when I'm resting between sets not because I'm trying to intimidate you but because I am severely autistic and forget to not stare at people.

Find out if they offer personal trainer sessions. They helped me a lot. Also, don't listen to that. If you can get someone to show you the proper form for the free weights, thats all you need. I'd advise getting help from someone irl for that though, world of difference vs a youtube video.

>H-home gym m-master race
>Heh you guys are f-fucking autismos

I call this the "new guy looks". You are always going to be getting stared at by "alphas" who think they are bigger and stronger at you and will look down on you as almost to assert their dominance within the gym. Do not be afraid user as you will soon be big and strong and you can show that you can lift with the big dogs.

Go on some antidepressant that deals with anxiety. Worked for me.

What if I want my dick to keep working?

Yeah, there is that problem.
Though I just needed to be on them for 6 months or so and then my anxiety was basically cured, even when I stopped.