Eating

How does protein/calories work with muscle growth? Google was no help.

I'm eating ~2600/cal a day, and about 145g protein. If I cut to ~900/cal a day and keep it at 145g protein, am I going to see less gains/growth?

If I don't get enough calories will it muscle growth completely stop? Does only really the protein matter?

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would you ever eat 900 calories?

That's too low even for a dieting whale

Isn't 1500 the usual diet?

Apparently it's not the big deal every magazine makes it out to be; as long as you get a good amount, you'll be fine. If it helps:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Also, check for Eric Helms on Youtube, he has some very good nutrition advice and is a competing bodybuilder as well as a PhD.

oh my FUCKING GOD how can you be this stupid?

>the usual diet?
500 below for 1lbs a week

you're at like 1.75 lbs a week

This is with regards to protein, as for your calories, they are very important but, again, particular numbers to stimulate growth vary. Some will recommend only a 100 calorie surplus, others a 500 one. The surplus must be there, though.

Any chance OP is a midget?

Not even manlet, like legit working the mall with Santa.

i actually did this for about 3 months just to see what would happen.

I still gained weight but I was becoming more and more tired each workout. And each workout got longer and longer despite keeping program the same. This was because I had longer rest periods inbetween sets
I went back to worrying more about calories and everything is back to normal.

To know the right numbers for your intake you need to know your height and weight. You can find calculators and counters on myfittnesspal and scooby's webiste.

>Does only really the protein matter?
No. Carbs are really fucking important for building muscles. If you don't have a surplus of carbs you won't grow. My personal experience is that getting the daily protein intake is not hard at all, while getting enough quality fat and carbs are harder.

(you)

>I actually did this for about 3 months
>*I ate on a deficit for 3 months*
>I still gained weight

that is the point in your post where you lost all credibility

>How does protein/calories work with muscle growth?
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1

psssst... you did it wrong

you weren't eating at a deficit

You as a natural who does the type of 3 times a week lifting training espoused here will get more then enough protein and carbs to grow.
You might need a bit more if you're just starting or are an adolescent male young man who can get a true growth spurt.
But beyond that, basic eating is more then enough.

1500 - 1700 is my range, and I'm a 5'1" woman who's (supposed to be) extremely petite.

>I'm a 5'1" woman who's (supposed to be) extremely petite.

Jacksonville

FLORIDA
L
O
R
I
D
A

I'm a fat fuck right now. Try again in a year when I'll finally hit/be close to hitting my target weight goal.

Im bulking now too, dont really care
you can do cardio on my dick, great for weight loss

>Cutting at 900 calories

Holy fuck Veeky Forums has some retards